the best uniform critics

puckcool22

While a lot of us may think about logos and uniforms enough to call ourselves experts, or at least with above average criticism to give, whose opinion really matters? THE FANS of course. Today my friend was telling me about how he was gonna buy a lightning jersey for twenty bucks with one of the more less known players names on it. I said why would you get a lightning jersey its one of the boringest (ik, not a word) jerseys. He said are you kidding- its so retro. While this comment seemed stupid to me, maybe he has a point. The lightnings simple jerseys may have a retro appeal to some people.

So for discussion, who are the best uniform critics.

signature.gif

Braves - It's nice and simple, nothing flashy, I like 'em alot :D

Falcons - It seems to give that speed effect, I know they aren't popular, but they're cool

Hawks - They fit they're look, flashy but not popular... and empty like their stadium

Thrashers - I like em end of story

this is all from a diehard fan's POV

so i think it's

BEST JERSEY CITIES not in any order:

1. Seattle

2. Atlanta

3. New York

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

if you can see something for what it is (i.e. the Astros rainbow as so ugly it's gotta sell) and give credit where it's due (Falcons and Preds come to mind), then you're halfway there. the other half's on your own.

if you own ten throwbacks and know the history behind most of em, then you're also on the right track. knowing the history behind none, and liking the Devils, Cardinals, Lightning, and Bulls jerseys for their "retro look" puts you on the trend of the moment track.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

BEST JERSEY CITIES not in any order:

Actually, he said "critics," not "cities." ^_^

11doh.gif

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

The Illadelph, as Mr. Stuart Scott would say.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

you know what- cities works too

best jersey city:

Dallas

The home of Mooterus, tin foil Mavs alternates, and the Cowboys 600 different shades of blue and silver doesn't even make my top 30.

you know what- cities works too

best jersey city:

Dallas

The home of Mooterus, tin foil Mavs alternates, and the Cowboys 600 different shades of blue and silver doesn't even make my top 30.

no, the home of good looking stars, good looking regular mavericks, classic blue and silver cowboys- both look good, and if you count the texas rangers eh...

signature.gif

:cursing: whoops, i guess 2 weeks is too long for summer break :D

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

So, basically what you are asking is: What is the arbitor of a 'good jersey'?

A. Sales

B. A commitee of experts

C. Whatever floats your personal boat

D. ...maybe you have another idea?

I go for C as a fan, A and an exec. Whatever sells, baby!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Our board has actually taken in a good amount of these critics that go for designs that original group of us wouldn't. They've become regulars and are great, but often cases, I can't believe some of the opinions on designs coming from these boards.

A lot of us feel like experts, but ultimately it comes down to the majority of people, and in my "expert" opinion, the majority of people like ugly stuff.

We have to look at Jerseys/Uniforms as ART...

Therefore, it's all in the eye of the observer.

It can not be solely commercial success, as for may form of art, mainly Pop-Art (INCLUDING Pop-Music), Consumers (a.k.a. Kids) will swallow any garbage our Mass-Media culture feeds them. For example Throw-Backs.

Some are good, but most are just plain awful.

How is it that teh "nostalgia" craze is carried out by people who weren't even born yet when these things were released.

It's not Nostalgia, at least not Merrian-Webster's definition:

"Function: noun

Etymology: New Latin, from Greek nostos return home + New Latin -algia; akin to Greek neisthai to return, Old English genesan to survive, Sanskrit nasate he approaches

1 : the state of being homesick : HOMESICKNESS

2 : a wistful or excessively sentimental yearning for return to or of some past period or irrecoverable condition; also : something that evokes nostalgia"

Being the "passionate-sentimental" type I am (must be the latin blooded French thing), I personnally, make my purchases from the heart. it has to be Meaningful, and have a sentimental value... (I would pay A LOT for a "Game Worn - Jiri Crha Leafs' Shirt")

hat's why it is hard to get consensus on any given topic, because people all see them with different eyes...

Alright, gotta cut this short before I turn this into a "Communication-101" class.

You get my point...

p.s: I'm serious about Crha's 1979-80 shirt...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived