New YouTube Layout

mattb6

Reasons why it's a major downgrade to the previous one:

- You can't search for vids and view by upload date anymore.

- You can't click on the little arrow bar to view the user's other videos anymore because it's gone.

- The automatic playlist, from when you click on one of those videos, is gone too.

- The homepage notification area is also frikken gone!

- If you want to read older comments on a video, you have to view them all on the same page because they removed the 1, 2, 3, 4...etc.

- There are now ads in between videos, not just at the beginning.

- The black and white and red layout looked better than just black and red.

If I notice another flaw about the new layout, I'll point it out. This is all I could think of, right now.

The homepage keeps defaulting to "What to watch" instead of showing stuff from the pages I'm actually subscribed to. This bothers me.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Terrible.

Not exactly because it's aligned left, but because it's aligned left and only designed for 960 (or thereabouts).

I can buy left-align sites, but they need to be responsive... there needs to be a version that goes as wide as like 1280 or 1440 or something like that. As it is now, just too much blank space on one side.

The people at Google/YouTube are better than that, too.

I don't expect Youtube will adjust the horizontal width anytime soon, just because of web traffic from tablets and what have you. The left alignment is horrible. I know they might have done it because of the 'new guide' and 'more of' but it still is aggravating because it is visually unbalanced and there is a lot of white space when you are running 1920px wide resolution.

It's awful. It looks like a bad mobile site.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I don't expect Youtube will adjust the horizontal width anytime soon, just because of web traffic from tablets and what have you. The left alignment is horrible. I know they might have done it because of the 'new guide' and 'more of' but it still is aggravating because it is visually unbalanced and there is a lot of white space when you are running 1920px wide resolution.

Well I'm not saying they should make it only super-wide, I'm saying it should be responsive. See SmashingMagazine.com for a site that does responsive well (although they kinda just show-off in parts) at a good handful of sizes.

i hate how you cant edit the watch later playlist as you watch videos in that playlist.... basically you cant delete videos from the playlist sidebar after you finish watching one and are on to the next...

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

I think Google gets too much of a pass for their UI development. Search is generally okay, but I find most of their other products (News, Gmail, YouTube, Play store) pretty terrible. Way too much contextual navigation, hidden menus, and, more and more, sponsored listings.

When you include mobile, Google basically owns the Internet now. I don't like what they do with it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think Google gets too much of a pass for their UI development. Search is generally okay, but I find most of their other products (News, Gmail, YouTube, Play store) pretty terrible. Way too much contextual navigation, hidden menus, and, more and more, sponsored listings.

When you include mobile, Google basically owns the Internet now. I don't like what they do with it.

google chrome is nice though.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived