The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

I really hate the Honda Center.

16 wins in a row in Anaheim over Calgary. 10 home wins in a row. Back to back shutouts with two goalies.

I like these Ducks. I do. I do.

January 19th, 2004 (Not Including our one playoff victory there in April 06) Funny enough Iginla and Kiprusoff were both hurt during that game. Toni Lydman was the only player in that game yesterday that was on the ice for it and Martin Gelinas Flames assistant coach, scored the GWG.

Wait, what? I thought that playoff series was a straight home sweep games 1-6 until Anaheim won Game 7 in Calgary.

Anaheim won Game 2 in Calgary, Calgary won Game 3 in Anaheim. The rest of the way it was home sweep until Game 7.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was fun. Thousands of Red Wings fans invade Nationwide Arena and have literally nothing to cheer for.

3-0 Blue Jackets for Sergei Borovsky's first career shutout and the Jackets will take the season series with Detroit for the first time ever. I love it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Meh. It's not like we were going to go 48 straight. I'm over it already. We'll start a new points streak on Sunday.

Of course you will. You're playing Edmonton.

Exactly my point.

Also, everyone save the date: there will be a baby boom in Vancouver 9 months from now. Sorry, bad joke.

And yet the Blackhawks fans are the ones that allege Canucks fans are obsessed with them... :rolleyes:

6fQjS3M.png

Well that was fun. Thousands of Red Wings fans invade Nationwide Arena and have literally nothing to cheer for.

3-0 Blue Jackets for Sergei Borovsky's first career shutout and the Jackets will take the season series with Detroit for the first time ever. I love it.

#1 Cop just put the Wings to Justice!

Mcarthy, not to complain but I think Ottawa has it just a bit worse.

There are always a few hundred Maple Leafs fans and some more Canadiens fans at random games here that don't even involve those teams.

I went to a Sens-Habs game a couple of years ago and the place turned into the Bell Centre, the place was actually booing when Ottawa scored.

But it is good for the Jackets to actually win against Detroit, even if I do have Howard in my pool.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Hey guys, get a load of this a$$hole

ob3oytoj-iphone_zps410b5b09.jpg

What in God's name is that?

Looks like either a red wings sweater got knocked up by an old beej sweater and this was their abortion.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

And that win makes it four in a row. Blue Jackets Fever! There's no cure. I'll be there to bask in the glory in person Tuesday night when the Canucks come to town. Can't wait.

BB52Big.jpg

Lightning lose a 3-1 third period lead at home and drop a 4-3 decision to the Canadiens. Here are some annoying facts:

-losers in 14 of 18 games after a 6-1 start

-lost seven of eight home games

-six of those seven loses have come by ONE goal

-dropped both home games on the season to the Canadiens

And, of course, I was lucky enough to see two teams I ally myself completely choke on their dicks today. Just stellar all around.

/rant

spacer.png

The problem extends beyond goaltenders themselves. I mean, I hear the argument about "no good 'tenders since Khabibulin", and that's true, to an extent, but how does one explain how every goaltender in recent years has posted their worst career numbers when they were with the Lightning?

Mike Smith posted excellent numbers in Dallas (as Turco's backup, admittedly) and excellent numbers for Phoenix last year (also a Tippett team). Daniel Ellis was a decent backup with Nashville and a decent backup now with Carolina. As a backup for the Lightning, he was a goddamned train-wreck. Anders Lindback left the cozy confines of a Weber-Suter team, and now is posting 3+ GAA and sub-.900 S%. Dwayne Roloson stopped being decent once he started getting AARP payments. The only decent goaltender statistically has been Mathieu effin' Garon, for cripes' sakes. The defense is awful even after "bolstering" itself with Sami Salo and Matt Carle in the off-season.

Me thinks the coaching staff got massively overrated after the fluke 2011 Eastern Conference Finals run, and that the system is ripe with flaws that the rest of the league has long discovered. And, at that, the goaltenders themselves aren't so terrible, but that the system allows for enough goal scoring opportunities that Dominik Hasek in his prime wouldn't be able to stop enough of.

spacer.png

Oh, look at that, NHL scheduling strikes again.

Vancouver was just in Columbus on, like, Thursday or something.

Sons of bitches. How about I just stay home Tuesday? We'll teach the NHL a lesson. B)

Seriously though, of all the teams in the NHL that I'd like to see, Vancouver is not any of them. This game just happened to be the one that worked with my GF's spring break schedule. I wanted Edmonton (good chance for a Jackets win and I've never seen them) but we couldn't make that one work.

BB52Big.jpg

I wasn't watching at the time, but what did Roman Cervenka do in the first period to earn two minutes in the box for abuse of officials?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I wasn't watching at the time, but what did Roman Cervenka do in the first period to earn two minutes in the box for abuse of officials?

It was a bench minor. They just sent Cervenka.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived