The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Mason Raymond had an absolutely stunning spin move to win it for the Canucks in the shootout. However, it was also illegal, given that he stopped and stepped back to pull it off.

He stopped, went backwards, and then forwards again, but you have to remember Rule 614*

*Rule 614: screw Columbus at every appropriate opportunity.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how the Ducks keep doing it, but I like that they keep doing it.

Also, if Perry gets suspended for that hit, I'll eat my hat. Late, sure. Left his feet, a little. But kept the elbow down, didn't target the head, and really hit Zucker from the front more than anything.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Zach, I know you're working toward becoming a sports broadcaster, but Tyson Nash isn't the guy you should try to emulate.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Zach, I know you're working toward becoming a sports broadcaster, but Tyson Nash isn't the guy you should try to emulate.

Hey now! :lol:

All I'm saying is, a suspension to Perry would just be penalizing the injury, not the intent. You can't exactly target someone's head with the back of your shoulder blade. (And I think the ejection is a bit much. 5 minute major would have done the job.)

And the Panthers had 39 SOG. That would be a trebling of Tampa's total. Who knew Jose Theodore was The Straw That Stirs The Drink (at the exclusive Club Red Ultra Lounge presented by 360 Premium).

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, Markstrom isn't really looking like the Franchise Savior we were promised. He's been good, and his team is bad, but he's gone 10/13 and 0/2 recently. There's no rhyme or reason to goaltending. Crawford and Emery might win a Jennings Trophy. Brians Elliott and Boucher have set unbreakable records. The Flyers went to a Final with Michael Leighton. I don't know nothing bout nothing no more.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Apologies if I'm retarded, but what's the rules with Phoenix wearing white at home? As a rule I never watch the 'yotes unless I can help it, but do they do this crap a lot?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I think they're doing it to accommodate the Kings, so they can burn off the minimum required dates for their old black-and-purples on the road. Dallas did a similar thing with their Mooterus sweaters a few years back.

Also goddammit we are still watching this game whyyyyyyyy

Well, looks like the Kings' upswing has hit a big snag in the Arizona desert. And echoing CS85 and others, it does look weird of seeing the Kings with the colors on the road. Maybe it's a Coyotes whiteout attempt (huge failure if that was the intent). Maybe the black and purple crown represent a Kings' classic* sweater. Either way, despite my early NHL childhood being home teams in white, it is extremely weird seeing tonight's LA-Phoenix uni layout.

*Damn; I can't believe I'm saying that already about the last Kings uni style.

Apologies if I'm retarded, but what's the rules with Phoenix wearing white at home? As a rule I never watch the 'yotes unless I can help it, but do they do this crap a lot?

Teams just have to ask the other team if they'll switch. Like the Beej/Wings did it last weekend with their home and home.

As far as the Yotes specifically, no they don't do it a lot, if ever. It's not really a common thing around the league at all. So idk why they'd be doing it with the Kings tonight other than just 'cause.

Speaking of the Kings and old jerseys, it bothers me that the throwback they wear at home is what was the road sweater back in the day. If they're going to wear a throwback, it should be the gold sweater, and as Nashville has shown, it can be done without looking horrible.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Speaking of the Kings and old jerseys, it bothers me that the throwback they wear at home is what was the road sweater back in the day. If they're going to wear a throwback, it should be the gold sweater, and as Nashville has shown, it can be done without looking horrible.

In the Sports Logos forum thread about this year's uni crap they brought up the fire sale of the Kings purple gear. This is the last time they'll be worn.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Wow, no penalty on that. Sedin was trying to carve Bobs a new face.

That happened right in front of me. From my vantage point it looked more like the Sedin sister was trying to cut off Bobrovsky's head. Anyway, "Bobs" played great tonight and got first star of the game. It's really too bad that the Jackets couldn't get him the win. Oh well, the point streak is now at 8 games, and the GF bought me a home jersey at the game so it wasn't all bad.

I was surprised by the number of Canucks fans at the game tonight. It wasn't in the hundreds or anything, but there were a lot more Canucks fans than one would expect to see on a Tuesday night in Columbus.

BB52Big.jpg

Speaking of the Kings and old jerseys, it bothers me that the throwback they wear at home is what was the road sweater back in the day. If they're going to wear a throwback, it should be the gold sweater

When most NHL teams have a throwback night, they usually use what used to be the road uniforms, because those road uniforms would currently be the teams' home uniforms, had those uniforms stuck (because of the '03 change from light to dark at home). That, plus the purple uniforms are a lot nicer than the yellow ones, thus easier to $ell...

and as Nashville has shown, it can be done without looking horrible.

Yes, but if you change the uniform to make it look better, you throw out the historical accuracy.

It's funny, one second you complain about the Kings being historically inaccurate, but then later go on to say that they should make alterations to the yellow sweaters, which would be historically inaccurate.

Wow, no penalty on that. Sedin was trying to carve Bobs a new face.

That happened right in front of me. From my vantage point it looked more like the Sedin sister was trying to cut off Bobrovsky's head. Anyway, "Bobs" played great tonight and got first star of the game. It's really too bad that the Jackets couldn't get him the win. Oh well, the point streak is now at 8 games, and the GF bought me a home jersey at the game so it wasn't all bad.

I was surprised by the number of Canucks fans at the game tonight. It wasn't in the hundreds or anything, but there were a lot more Canucks fans than one would expect to see on a Tuesday night in Columbus.

1) It's real cool to see how much you've been enjoying hockey this season. It's truly the best sport ever.

2) Canadian teams have fans literally everywhere.

I'm kinda pissed, I slept through most of the Ducks game, but it seems like it was a :censored:ty game, so thankfully I didn't miss much.

... Knowing the Ducks, I expect Perry to get at least a game or two, but I hope he doesn't. I may be a homer, but I really don't think it was intentional.

The Panthers held the Lightning to 13 shots on goal and still lost 3-2. Hope everyone got a nice souvenir at Set The Game Back Night.

The Lightning only had six shots after two periods.

The fact that they doubled that in the third period is a bit of a miralce in itself. These are the two worst teams in the NHL, and they played like it.

spacer.png

Archived