The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just thinking about the US anthem, and how it is sung before most contests. Don't people think that the "bombs bursting in air" line in particular might be a little insensitive at a time like this?

God. Really? :rolleyes:

Despite all Wal-Mart customers evidence to the contrary, I think Americans are sharp enough to not associate the lyrics to their national anthem with a terrorist attack.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Great; if the Jackets miss the playoffs, then some people are gonna spew their grunting at the Kings for ending their critical winning streak.

Damn those Kings. Playing to win when they knew how much the Blue Jackets needed that game. Sons of bitches. :rolleyes:

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

I certainly hope that, if they do go through with this, that we'll get to see a lot of new uniforms (Ottawa/Chicago/New York are probably going to wear something they already have.

That would be the worst part.

Here's to ten new, crappy vintage white-infused fauxbacks that some teams will likely promote to full-time alternates!

O god no...

The only team I want that to happen to is Ottawa based on their current alternate.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Magnus is also thinking that we should rename the shootout the "alternating sequential one-on-one tiebreaker."

Actually, just get rid of it altogether. Wins and losses, just like the NBA.

Congrats to Richards on his first trick

But against tonights sabres, you could argue that it's not thaaat much of an acomplishment

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

I really must've overrated the Flyers coming into the season. Condemned not only to golfing, but a losing record as well. They never got in gear this season.

Not to be the dead horse, but why is it when NHL teams' seasons are done, people say that "they're golfing," or "it's tee time?" Also in the NBA, those teams are always referred to as "gone fishing." I never got where the whole vacationing nomenclatures began for each league.

He was taken hostage he was held aboard a British Ship and not allowed to leave during the bombing of the fort

No, he wasn't, he was onboard the ship to help negotiate the release of hostages. And then we won the battle.

Yes, and he was held against his will. The Brits wouldn't let him leave because he knew of their attack plans. I think Tank meant "held captive".

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived