The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So while Bulls fans get Big Mac's, 'Hawks fans get Egg McMuffin's when they win.

Ducks fans get breadstick's, Lakers fans get taco's, Mavericks fans get Whopper's, Blues fans get sandwich's...

What happened to the Mavericks chalupa promotion they had? seems like I remember Cuban having that promotion the first few years he owned the team.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

That is not chili. That is cinnamon spaghetti. Contender for worst regional food ever. Watch your back, poutine.

I worry about you sometimes.

So while Bulls fans get Big Mac's, 'Hawks fans get Egg McMuffin's when they win.

Ducks fans get breadstick's, Lakers fans get taco's, Mavericks fans get Whopper's, Blues fans get sandwich's...

And everybody gets apostrophes!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

GARBAGE officials in Denver today. What is so trivial about making offsides reviewable when a goal is scored? He was offsides by a friggin mile, and the linesman is standing right there on the line and allowed it.

BDamJUlCIAAFqLe.jpg

I... I don't even know how to describe how awful this game is.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Oh, so the Predators weren't going to sustain a pace of 1.666 goals allowed per game. The 1.867 scoring pace, though, they have a much better chance of sustaining.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Oh, so the Predators weren't going to sustain a pace of 1.666 goals allowed per game. The 1.867 scoring pace, though, they have a much better chance of sustaining.

Well Patric Hornqvist is back so we shall see over the next few games is the offense picks it up. This game is just...I don't even have an adjective for it.

Just as I predicted, the Avs win the game by one goal on a crappy (not 'controversial' or 'missed') call/no-call and the two points will go in their favor and none for the Predators. While your case about the lack of offense is very valid, Admiral, I feel it doesn't apply here because the Preds battled back to within one (which, without the poor officiating, would have tied the game).

Braves.jpg

Well, there's your problem. They should have been trying to turn the corner. Now instead, Rick DiPietro kept trying to turn a table, got all dizzy, threw up all over the place, is out 6-8 weeks with a strained diaphragm, and he's not allowed to shop at that Ikea anymore.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That is not chili. That is cinnamon spaghetti. Contender for worst regional food ever. Watch your back, poutine.

I don't like fries, I don't like cheese curds, and I detest gravy.

I've not yet had Western New York's famous Garbage Plate, but conceptually, it has to be among the very best.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't like fries, I don't like cheese curds, and I detest gravy.

Like I said.

GARBAGE officials in Denver today. What is so trivial about making offsides reviewable when a goal is scored? He was offsides by a friggin mile, and the linesman is standing right there on the line and allowed it.

BDamJUlCIAAFqLe.jpg

(sig not withstanding) After looking at the replay, the puck deflected off a Nashville defender before Duchene corralled it with his stick. Therefore no off sides call needed to be made.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

BDamJUlCIAAFqLe.jpg

(sig not withstanding) After looking at the replay, the puck deflected off a Nashville defender before Duchene corralled it with his stick. Therefore no off sides call needed to be made.

Show me the jargon where it clearly states that in the rule book.

Braves.jpg

Sigh.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26497

83.2 Deflections / Rebounds – When a defending player propels the puck out of his defending zone and the puck clearly rebounds off a defending player in the neutral zone back into the defending zone, all attacking players are eligible to play the puck. However, any action by an attacking player that causes a deflection/rebound off a defending player in the neutral zone back into the defending zone (i.e. stick check, body check, physical contact), a delayed off-side shall be signaled by the Linesman.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

Archived