The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hossa will play tonight after recieving that devestating blow to the head that almost ruined his career and the Blackhawks season. What strength and preserverance by Hossa! A comeback for the ages!

Dammit. Thought for sure the Sharks would be facing them without Hossa.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Hossa will play tonight after recieving that devestating blow to the head that almost ruined his career and the Blackhawks season. What strength and preserverance by Hossa! A comeback for the ages!

I'm deeply sorry a player injured by a member of your favorite team only missed half of a game after being punched in the back of the head. Try harder next time, I guess. Maybe hire Todd Bertuzzi as a consultant.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hey, Caps fans, if you guys keep losing, what would it take to get Mike Ribeiro? I really don't like him, but he could be a worthy piece of the puzzle.

I tell ya, Caps fans, have you heard of legend-in-the-making Marcus Kruger? Or maybe potential all-star Michael Frolik. I'm telling ya, we're just silly with expendable talent.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You stay classy.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

You know what Washington needs? Toughness. The kind of toughness one can only find in the likes of - you guessed it - Brandon Bollig.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You know what Washington needs? Toughness. The kind of toughness one can only find in the likes of - you guessed it - Brandon Bollig.

That's absolutely right! But I'll tell you what, I'm not done - I'm gonna go nuts, I'm gonna get just SILLY, lookout!

You wanna toss in a mid-round draft pick, and MAYBE, because I'm feeling just plain bonkers, I'll toss Rusty Olesz in there for ya.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm surprised that more teams aren't aggressively pursuing Ryan O'Reilly considering how many contenders could use an upgrade at that position. Either he wants way too much money or Colorado is asking for too much. Whatever it is, Colorado needs to do something about it.

Yeah, this is a bunch of crap. FREE JANNIK HANSEN oh wait they did already

But now he has a record, which means that according to the flowchart he'll be up for a 1-5 game suspension next time which was already the case.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah, this is a bunch of crap. FREE JANNIK HANSEN oh wait they did already

But now he has a record, which means that according to the flowchart he'll be up for a 1-5 game suspension next time which was already the case.

5mlfM.gif

twitter

Hey, Caps fans, if you guys keep losing, what would it take to get Mike Ribeiro? I really don't like him, but he could be a worthy piece of the puzzle.

I tell ya, Caps fans, have you heard of legend-in-the-making Marcus Kruger? Or maybe potential all-star Michael Frolik. I'm telling ya, we're just silly with expendable talent.

Huh? Kruger is going to be a bottom-six center for some time and Frolik has been an effective penalty killer whose contract doesn't need to move until the cap drops. Why would we ship either one out for a rental? You're doing it wrong.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm surprised that more teams aren't aggressively pursuing Ryan O'Reilly considering how many contenders could use an upgrade at that position. Either he wants way too much money or Colorado is asking for too much. Whatever it is, Colorado needs to do something about it.

I understand spending within the cap limitations and all, but it still strikes me as weird that neither Subban, Benn, nor O'Reilly have so much as sniffed an offer sheet. Especially since Ed Snider had no qualms about carpet-bombing Nashville with the Weber offer.

Huh? Kruger is going to be a bottom-six center for some time and Frolik has been an effective penalty killer whose contract doesn't need to move until the cap drops. Why would we ship either one out for a rental? You're doing it wrong.

Everybody looks a lot more appealing when you're on a record point streak. I think Kruger's alright but he's nearing his ceiling. Frolik's found a role he can perform admirably, but I don't think he's ever going to be more than what he is.

Plus I was joking, which admittedly I suck at.

twitter

That general managers collude to suppress the RFA market is an open secret on the level of Liberace. The problem with offer-sheeting O'Reilly is that a reasonable offer sheet will just be matched by an Avs organization that just plain doesn't want to spend money anymore, while an exorbitant one will forfeit draft picks and make you overpay for someone who's probably at best a 17-goal scorer.

Kruger is likely near his ceiling, yes, but he's also cost-controlled through 2017 (speaking of RFAs...) and producing at a position where the Hawks are weak. Why get rid of him? And no, Frolik is probably not going to be more than he is, but the urgency to dump him doesn't kick in till this summer, so why not ride out the year?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived