The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the Devils and Capitals seriously have back-to-back games scheduled in Washington?

Several teams have that.

The Ducks do it with Detroit and Dallas at home and Phoenix and Edmonton on the road. They actually play Dallas and Phoenix for three games in a row (2 in one place, one in the next).

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Did the Devils and Capitals seriously have back-to-back games scheduled in Washington?

Several teams have that.

The Ducks do it with Detroit and Dallas at home and Phoenix and Edmonton on the road. They actually play Dallas and Phoenix for three games in a row (2 in one place, one in the next).

And even then, it's not terribly unusual in a regular season as well. It's not quite the same, but the Blackhawks opened at the Stars and hosted them the next game last year.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

San Jose Sharks forward Ryane Clowe faces a supplementary discipline hearing Monday for an incident from a game Friday night against the Chicago Blackhawks. He is suspended pending the outcome of the hearing.

He has been offered the opportunity for an in-person hearing in the League office, which means his suspension can exceed five games, per provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Clowe was assessed a minor for roughing and a game misconduct for leaving the players' bench to start an altercation (Rule 70.6).

If it is determined he left the bench illegally, he is assessed an automatic 10-game suspension without pay and his club is fined $10,000.

Holy crap, he's looking at an automatic ten games for being an idiot. Derp.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

San Jose Sharks forward Ryane Clowe faces a supplementary discipline hearing Monday for an incident from a game Friday night against the Chicago Blackhawks. He is suspended pending the outcome of the hearing.

He has been offered the opportunity for an in-person hearing in the League office, which means his suspension can exceed five games, per provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Clowe was assessed a minor for roughing and a game misconduct for leaving the players' bench to start an altercation (Rule 70.6).

If it is determined he left the bench illegally, he is assessed an automatic 10-game suspension without pay and his club is fined $10,000.

Holy crap, he's looking at an automatic ten games for being an idiot. Derp.

I, um....cripes the penalty system for this league is schizophrenic at time.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Other than being a dead spot on the 23-man roster that someone else can't fill, removing Clowe from the proceedings could be just the shot in the arm the Sharks have needed.

I'm less upset because of the cup win (how does it feel to be the only team in California without a cup?), but that's still a blantant violation of the rule. His actions after and saying "I don't know what you're talking about" really didn't help. So what if the refs called it, which they should have, it's still reeking of douchebaggery. Not too different than a fan reaching over and grabbing the ball, except Clowe is a professional athlete for the competing team. I'm able to get over anyone who scores a game-winning goal or a walk-off homerun, but if Buster Posey did it with an aluminum bat I'd be just as pissed.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Several teams have that.

And even then, it's not terribly unusual in a regular season as well. It's not quite the same, but the Blackhawks opened at the Stars and hosted them the next game last year.

I know about those, and I know that situations like the Devils and Capitals isn't going to be a routine thing. Just the ridiculousness that happens because of the lockouts the NHL regularly finds itself entangled in.

spacer.png

Ryane Clowe breathes oute of his mouthe.

Fixed that for you :)

So um, the standings are getting really troubling for someone who might want his team to make an upgrade at the deadline. Everyone's packed too tight. No one's ready to sell. Not getting any better today with Washington winning again, the Isles leading, the Wings leading, and oh the Flames and Wild either way with that big bunch of meh.

Bolts up big on the Hurricanes late. Once again it's looking like Tampa Bay has serious weapons and Carolina is just a bunch of guys. I've never been that high on Eric Staal as being among the league's true elite; I feel his legacy has profited immensely from being a Good Canadian Kid who grew up on a sod farm, seriously, it even had to be a freaking sod farm.

New proposed realignment, as heard on Hotstove Tonight.

Conference 1

Carolina

Columbus

New Jersey

NY Islanders

NY Rangers

Philadelphia

Pittsburgh

Washington

Conference 2

Boston

Buffalo

Detroit

Florida

Montreal

Ottawa

Tampa Bay

Toronto

Conference 3

Chicago

Colorado

Dallas

Minnesota

Nashville

St Louis

Winnipeg

Conference 4

Anaheim

Calgary

Edmonton

Los Angeles

Phoenix

San Jose

Vancouver

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

There is no chance that four of the Original Six are going to one division, with two others thrown astray into nothingness.

Like it or not, there has to emphasis on that O6 because about the only thing they can do with casual fans is try to throw ancient rivalry talk in their faces. And they are cutting out the Rangers and Blackhawks entirely with something like that.

spacer.png

Archived