Looks that are TOO similar

I know we said no junior leagues, but I've always hated this one.

srx_chiefs6_t400.jpg?fd5af0684d698ce74dd4392bafb4f89a6dc66ee3CHIEFS_VS_PORTLAND_2_t400.jpg?fd5af0684d698ce74dd4392bafb4f89a6dc66ee3

It's Portland vs. Spokane, not Chicago and Montreal.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching Wisconsin versus Miami hockey--looks like Miami has switched their whites to a Red Wings template as well--looks like a Red Wings intrasquad matchup.

EDIT: Found a pic from the actual game.

I turned it on mid-first period. Since the game was at Wisconsin, I thought Wisconsin was in white for the first 10 or 20 seconds. That is pretty much our trim. And I don't know why we were wearing red at home.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Watching Wisconsin versus Miami hockey--looks like Miami has switched their whites to a Red Wings template as well--looks like a Red Wings intrasquad matchup.

Bucky-Miami_zps6cf11c69.jpg

EDIT: Found a pic from the actual game.

I turned it on mid-first period. Since the game was at Wisconsin, I thought Wisconsin was in white for the first 10 or 20 seconds. That is pretty much our trim. And I don't know why we were wearing red at home.

I only caught the third period after switching over from the Gophers-NoDak rumble, so like you, I didn't catch enough of the game to hear an explanation for the Badgers' wearing red at home.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I thought Wisconsin's road uniform was a direct swap of their/Detroit's home, with a red body and white sleeves.

university-of-wisconsin_big.jpg

That looks way better than the Red Wings' red sweater, IMHO.

This is not quite right. I've seen this replica around at games; it's the reverse of the white jersey from that era. However, the white on the bottom of the sleeves was not there. You see some pretty bad replicas at UW hockey games. The letters here are a bit off (particularly the upper-right corner of the "C". There are some worse ones at the games though, with font that is not even close. I think this replica is licensed, but they just lazily reversed the white jersey. Or maybe it's a counterfeit. I don't know.

In any case it was not a "direct" swap, but closer than what they have now.

276026.jpg

By the way I HATE the update they made by dumping the superfluous double-outline and adding the laces. The uniform in this picture is much better in my opinion.

I love the update, precisely because the double-outline was superfluous. Looks so much better without.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived