Looks that are TOO similar

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple more that come to mind:Austria & Germany...white shirts, black shorts, white socks as the basic threads.

1783768_full-prt.jpg

DIe-Mannschaft-Netherlands-Germany-german-national-soccer-team-31258873-414-594.jpg

Indiana Hooners Soosiers Sooners Hoosiers & Oklahoma Sooners. Something IU deserves to be mocked for. Mercilessly.

zultan2oklahoma_football.jpg

8269339.jpeg

Rather tough at first glance to see who the man in red plays for

220px-OklahomaSooners-CincinnatiBearcats-Broyles-Underwood-Reception.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

There are literally hundreds, if not thousands of college, junior, club, mite, and so on teams that use the exact jerseys of some NHL team. That's why they can be ordered from all of the manufacturers' sites as such. In fact, it's more impressive to see a junior or ACHA team THAT DOESN'T copy an NHL club, because it's a rarity.

Keep the examples in the same level of each sport, or we could be here forever...like most of the AHL looking like their NHL affiliates.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

There are literally hundreds, if not thousands of college, junior, club, mite, and so on teams that use the exact jerseys of some NHL team. That's why they can be ordered from all of the manufacturers' sites as such. In fact, it's more impressive to see a junior or ACHA team THAT DOESN'T copy an NHL club, because it's a rarity.

Keep the examples in the same level of each sport, or we could be here forever...like most of the AHL looking like their NHL affiliates.

This x100

If they aren't ever going to play eachother, then confusing them isn't an issue.

untitled-6.jpg

ladd.jpg?w=620

panthersnewjersey.jpg

Sidney%20Crosby.jpg

4d6ecff913e26.image.jpg

I give Pittsburgh and Columbus a pass. Pittsburgh because that is based of their original look. Columbus gets a pass because the dark blue and light blue are the same colors as the Union jackets and pants from the CIvil War, but I will agree they also are jumping on the Navy/Light Blue trend. However, Florida and Winnipeg are just jumping on the Navy/Light blue bandwagon, Florida especially.

70389454.png

I don't think logos and uniforms that are intentionally copied belong in this thread. Howard Bison and Kitchener Rangers to name the most recent. Thats de-railing the thread. I think it should be more for teams that

A - tried to make their own look but still unintentionally look very much like another team

B - followed a design trend that doesn't give them a unique look at all

EDIT - after i posted i see a few guys said the same thing above me.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

The Lehigh Engineers football team in 1989 used the classic San Francisco 49ers template but replaced Red with Brown. Notice that they also used the same helmet logo but with LU rather than SF. The number font of course is different.

-72d6bc2e63372a57.png

Dislike. :)

If memory serves me, they adopted that look in 1985 or 1986. Eventually, they dropped the helmet logo and most of the stripes.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Here's my favorite team:

The University of Wisconiana-Louishoma Cardinal Crimson Cornbacks Knightpack.

reds.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Here's my favorite team:

The University of Wisconiana-Louishoma Cardinal Crimson Cornbacks Knightpack.

reds.png

Wow. How long did it take you to come up with that?

All jokes aside. This could be pardoned, seeing how there isn't a whole lot of color schemes that could be used. And with so many schools, not all of them are gonna have something totally different.

Archived