Looks that are TOO similar

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't read pages 5 or 6 yet, here's to hoping nobody beat me to this...

Trent+Cotchin+AFL+Rd+16+Essendon+v+Richmond+gNaPJf2zeoll.jpg

Australian football...the bloke with the yellow sash plays for Richmond, the fella in the red sash is an Essendon man. Essendon-Richmond matches have basically looked like this since at least the mid 1920s (home side will wear black shorts, away side will wear white shorts).

Now that I think about it, something I've thought about for a while, actually: three NFL jerseys that, at first glance, don't bear much resemblance to one another: the Ravens, Eagles and Bucs road whites. Strip em down, however, and you pretty much have the same basic white jersey with black collars and cuffs. As a saying of dubious age goes, the basics can wherever you want em to.

nfl-ravens-flacco-joe-5-away-2008-stockpic1.jpg

westbrook.jpg

Josh+Freeman+Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+v+New+Orleans+yx_YlvcEqbCl.jpg

edit: I was about to put the Saints too, as their whites have black collars too. Can't though, cus they don't use black cuffs.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Haven't read pages 5 or 6 yet, here's to hoping nobody beat me to this...

Trent+Cotchin+AFL+Rd+16+Essendon+v+Richmond+gNaPJf2zeoll.jpg

Australian football...the bloke with the yellow sash plays for Richmond, the fella in the red sash is an Essendon man. Essendon-Richmond matches have basically looked like this since at least the mid 1920s (home side will wear black shorts, away side will wear white shorts).

Yes this has been one of my major gear grinders for a long time, (as well as north and collingwood) although Richmond has a curved sash rather than a strait one, as well as adding the side panel to the road uniform recently

Why don't we compare colors. The Rams Athletic Gold and Royal Blue was far superior to be frank. The blue and white look too much like the 1953-1955 Baltimore Colts. :(

deacon-jones_display_image.jpg?1295553328Baltimore_Colts_Johnny_Unitas_ba44_large.jpg

Next to kin, we have BYU that looks totally the same.

BYU-Mississippi-Fo_1114391a_1.jpgbyu-bosco-p2_display_image.jpg?1345428796

Around the 90's BYU added the black to their uniforms. But the two stripes on the blue uniforms look too much like the 1966-1980 Dallas Cowboys blue uniforms.

Take the Y off and the block shadows. And finally change the serif and what do you have?

Cotton972.jpg13179046240.jpg

BRASIL.jpg

australia-national-football-team.jpg

This was an ugly set for Nike because all the Nike teams wore that same uniform with different colors. The circle numbers were the worst part. Granted the 1998 Nike World Cup uniforms were pretty close to each other as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I always thought these were too close, especially considering they play in the same building.

bvv028jd1hhr8ee8ii7a0fg4i.gifuig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif

Similar fonts, both use those motion lines, basically the same idea... you could probably switch the colors and swap the team names in the logos and more than a few people wouldn't notice.

I have been thinking the same thing for a few days now I just feel the Clippers logo actually looks better

BRASIL.jpg

australia-national-football-team.jpg

This was an ugly set for Nike because all the Nike teams wore that same uniform with different colors. The circle numbers were the worst part. Granted the 1998 Nike World Cup uniforms were pretty close to each other as well.

I know, but I think that the worst part was the retro...

Edmonton+Oilers+v+Buffalo+Sabres+mgXlmS5p6b4l.jpgRyan+Miller+Andrej+Sekera+Buffalo+Sabres+v+8dMgNc4sBtal.jpg

Yep, I can see how midnight blue, silver, and athletic gold could get confused with royal blue and orange :P

Would have been a much better comparison with the old Sabres uniforms:

Edmonton+Oilers+v+Buffalo+Sabres+mgXlmS5p6b4l.jpg

matthew-barnaby-autographed-hockey-card-buffalo-sabres-1993-upper-deck-439_bd5e60c2fd447213bd87cfac3d0f489b.jpg

Archived