Looks that are TOO similar

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreeing with Shumway. The last thing I want for baseball is for them to get the "nuordr" treatment with weird designs and colored crap.

Leave baseball alone

I don't want to change baseball and the "nuordr" treatment is what? I could care less about how baseball teams look,but the point of this topic was teams that look similar and you are making my point when I say that all baseball teams are similar.

spacer.png

Baseball is always best when traditional but that doesn't mean all uniforms have to be identical. Just because there isn't a ton you can do with stripings patterns and overall template as you can with football/basketball there is still enough you can do to make the uniforms unique. For example: White uniform with Blue caps and primary color and Red trim, but is anyone confusing these 2 teams?

jfwjptesurwhcdvd0jtz75x81.gif \

er2v8s32txgcr1q6ncwdogkau.gif

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Baseball is always best when traditional but that doesn't mean all uniforms have to be identical. Just because there isn't a ton you can do with stripings patterns and overall template as you can with football/basketball there is still enough you can do to make the uniforms unique. For example: White uniform with Blue caps and primary color and Red trim, but is anyone confusing these 2 teams?

\

Agreed. While the Royals may have been a bit "too" inspired by the Dodgers, I don't think the grey Pirates look like the gray Twins look like the gray Astros look like the gray A's, etc.

It's kind of a separate issue. Dodgers/Royals is a valid discussion, but the fact that baseball tradition is white vs. gray is no more relevant to this topic than the fact that all NFL teams have a white jersey. This tradition does not mean all teams look alike.

If you don't like the tradition, that's fine, but a somewhat different topic.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

p59o2.png

It's a year old picture of mine, so I'm forgetting about the new Blue Jays logo, two new Houston Astros logos, and probably a few more. Hockey also seems to have a huge obsession with roundels. The NFL probably has the more creative logos of the 4 major North American sports leagues.

The fact that 13 teams (nearly half) have some sort of round logo as their primary is truly a testament as too how urgent this situation is. These are the most serious offenders however:

ebjtzdtqw33dahm7k8zojhe45.gif492995032000.gifpeii986yf4l42v3aa3hy0ovlf.gif6xk2lpc36146pbg2kydf13e50.gif1305.gifajfeh4oqeealq37er15r3673h.gif2559d7603ouedg7ldhw0br4fn.gif

rcehah9k0kekjkgzm077fflws.gif

It's a year old picture of mine, so I'm forgetting about the new Blue Jays logo, two new Houston Astros logos, and probably a few more. Hockey also seems to have a huge obsession with roundels. The NFL probably has the more creative logos of the 4 major North American sports leagues.

The fact that 13 teams (nearly half) have some sort of round logo as their primary is truly a testament as too how urgent this situation is. These are the most serious offenders however:

492995032000.gif6xk2lpc36146pbg2kydf13e50.gif1305.gifajfeh4oqeealq37er15r3673h.gif

These 4 teams are all in the same division .. that's a little troubling. And I know its not the primary but if you include this it gets very rediculous:

a8op32zmsglwxjgrlqr7pqhn9.gif

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I think what this thread teaches us is that there isn't a whole lot you can do with a football jersey. They have the least interesting looks out of all other sports' jerseys.

I'd argue that football has the most you can do. You have a helmet, decently large jersey, large pants, and socks. There is a ton of interesting things you can do with those. Plus I think football allows for the best looking modern designs. Baseball is simple, not much you can do with it. Hockey has the large sweater and socks, but little room for anything on the helmet or pants. And basketball has a small jersey and a lot of designs look weird on the shorts. Football simply has the most avenues for creativity on a uniform.

maehl.png

If any uniform needs a drastic change it is baseball because all their uniforms are lame and the same.

I don't want to change baseball

ewjj101410.gif

Damn, I need to re-read my post before posting. Great catch!

They do need a change, but I am not the biggest fan of the sport and that is why I did not go into details.

spacer.png

The issue of baseball roundels doesn't really bother me because even though those logos may be designated as primaries, I don't really view them as such. I usually see the logo on the cap as the primary mark of a team, even if it isn't assigned that way.

The issue of baseball roundels doesn't really bother me because even though those logos may be designated as primaries, I don't really view them as such. I usually see the logo on the cap as the primary mark of a team, even if it isn't assigned that way.

Exactly how I feel. Not a big deal.

West virginia and Cal used to look really really similar. Good catch.

And before this yr the Astros and diamondbacks obviously.

helmet.jpg

HINT: That's not Michigan in the picture.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived