College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_N2E-BW4mw

I'm surprised nobody saw this coming. It looks like Adidas had already done this but Coach Strong held back on it. I don't think they could have gotten this together that quickly. This happened at the players meeting yesterday morning.

The player said if they work hard they get to wear this ensemble the first game.

That helmet sucks...you can't even see the logo from that short distance! UGH!

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

USF showing these off. Probably just a recruiting pitch and just prototypes but heck it's something. https://twitter.com/preinforcement/status/427119198913830912

the green one is really unique, i don't think that I've ever seen a matte helmet with a chrome/gold oversized logo.

The matte green looks terrible. No need to slap a ginormous chrome logo over a matte shell, hopefully it doesn't have numbers on the other side.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Just throwing it out there, I am a firm believer that matte green is one of the worst finishes for a helmet. Most colors just don't work as matte for me. If anything, I much prefer a satin finish with a little sheen to it. I think the Vikings have a pleasant finish. The Oregon Ducks yellow helmet was nice with the subtle texture. But these dull and bland green helmets like Baylor and USF just don't cut it.

Also someone said the USF helmet was unique. This is an example of every trend combined into one. Matte finish, chrome logo, chrome mask, supersized logo. Every mid level team has tried those effects by now. USF is a few years behind the trends.

I just want the ugly matte colors and all chrome to die an ugly death already.

Just throwing it out there, I am a firm believer that matte green is one of the worst finishes for a helmet. Most colors just don't work as matte for me. If anything, I much prefer a satin finish with a little sheen to it. I think the Vikings have a pleasant finish. The Oregon Ducks yellow helmet was nice with the subtle texture. But these dull and bland green helmets like Baylor and USF just don't cut it.

Also someone said the USF helmet was unique. This is an example of every trend combined into one. Matte finish, chrome logo, chrome mask, supersized logo. Every mid level team has tried those effects by now. USF is a few years behind the trends.

i said the way they were put together was unique, not that anything on the helmet was original

i said the way they were put together was unique, not that anything on the helmet was original
Right, but when I think of something being unique, it has to stand out to me. That USF helmet just recycles worn out, tired trends that half of the NCAA has used by now. You might be right (I really have no idea) that they were the first to try a chrome logo on a matte helmet. The problem is that everyone's already tried all this stuff in some variation hence the reason I label it the opposite of unique. It all blends together and nothing is unique because everyone tries the same finishes, effects, and trends. It's very much a "follow the leader" thing with the big dogs like Oregon influencing the smaller schools who don't have the dedication or budget to create a cohesive look from top to bottom. Instead you get a team with their standard uniform and helmet who occasionally breaks out the matte or chrome helmet which completely does not match the rest of their aesthetic look.

Archived