HS logo better than Atlanta Falcons logo?

rcb05

This is the logo for Bishop Dunne HS, a catholic school in Dallas. It's obvious that it was inspired by the Falcons logo, but I'd argue they actually improved it, giving it more lifelike proportions and some dimension. I wouldn't mind seeing the big boy Falcons move to something like this.

DallasBishopDunne.png

I see one major glaring issue with that...if they felt the need to render a second wing, they should've also rendered a second leg/claw.

Still, slick piece of artwork, though.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'd agree that their logo is fantastic.

From a design perspective only, the logo is an upgrade over the Atlanta logo. But in reality, the Atlanta logo has too much "brand" tied to it and is therefore a "better" concept overall.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I feel as if someone made a very similar concept for Air Force that was posted a year or two ago. I'll try and dig it up...

I remember that too. I raised a stink about it, but everyone shot me down.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

FOUND IT:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Screenshot2011-06-14at11354PM.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived