African Nation Soccer Crests - UPDATE Ghana and Uganda on pg 2

mcrosby

Just saw this thread. I think Angola, Burkina Faso, and Cameroon are superb. Absolutely love them.

Zambia... not feeling it. First off, I don't think the font works at all. Maybe make it a little less vertical, and I don't think the copper eagle is very recognizable as an eagle. Also, the white wavy stripes on the coat of arms represent Victoria Falls - by making them straight lines, it kind of takes away the meaning.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

And now for Botswana. Their current crest is lacking both creativity and clarity, so it was next on my list.

The crest shape is crossed elephant tusks, and inside is a stylized zebra. I wanted to make the zebra something that would take a moment to see, but once you see it you can\'t look past it staring back at you.

botswana_20130125_1135001167.png

Botswana is perfect. Zambia needs work. I agree that it's too narrow. I don't think the other concerns folks have presented are as important, though they may become so once it is broadened.

rATMcmK.png

I wanted to make the zebra something that would take a moment to see, but once you see it you can\'t look past it staring back at you.

You sure as hell accomplished that. Very well done and I absolutely dig how you don't abandon the elements in these crests that really make them unique

Midway.png

Ghana: Looking awesome, except I don't like how the "A"s look like "Λ"s.

Uganda: So you're a Spurs fan too, I take it?

Oh yeah. I'm real excited about Lewis Holtby. But that is a different topic entirely.

I've been working on crests for Mali, Niger, and Guinea so we may see one more completed tonight.

The Uganda logo is fantastic, and I also love Botswana. I agree with what everyone else has said about Zambia, but Ghana I don't think is any better than the original. The way the star interacts with the font is offsetting to me. Then again, I think the original is a decent logo.

Having just moved back to the States from Addis Ababa, I would love to see you make one for Ethiopia.

Great work, I'm really enjoying it.

Archived