NHL goes NASCAR

lancebridwell

With the approach of the new season of NASCAR, I decided to put together what I thought the NHL would look like if it were in the stock car racing business.

First up is the Tampa Bay Lightning. Since they over-simplified their look, they would probably over-simplify their car design, and this is what I would expect to see.

2i7ux6p.jpg

30nfz9x.jpg

C&C?

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

First off, I just want to say, I LOVE CROSSOVERS!!!!

I could see this being Tampa's car. It is very simple like you said, but done quite well. I will admit I dont really know too much about NASCAR designs, but these look pretty sharp, well done.

Carolina Hurricanes

I love their hurricane flag pattern, and that is evident by the car. I took some advice and used the locally headquartered businesses for sponsors, but other than that... here it is!

1zn8vmd.jpg

C&C?

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

Wow. Love the Canes car. As you can probably tell by my user name, I'm a pretty big NASCAR fan. Tampa Bay is pretty good, but needs more detail. Might I ask where you got the templates?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Wow. Love the Canes car. As you can probably tell by my user name, I'm a pretty big NASCAR fan. Tampa Bay is pretty good, but needs more detail. Might I ask where you got the templates?

If you want the 2013 templates they are located at nnracing.com. The particular mod here is the bullring12. http://bigdonlinemotorsports.com/Sprintcupseries.html. Templates are there. You need photoshop or psp 9 to use them. You can get the cars rendered at. http://ten0rsrendershop.com/. They have a bunch of free render scenes. For $5 you can get a lot more. There are a lot of sites that have number and decal sets such as nnracing.com, masgrafx.com, racingrafix. There are a lot of sites with base schemes too. All you do is recolor the layers. Good way to start if you've never painted them. I personally like to make my own designs. Need any assistance let me know. This is a great thread. I like the NHL cars. I have a bunch of MLB cars I did a while back, may open a thread later. I usuall just come here to look. You will also need the car viewer to line up design. Google. N2003 car viewer.

Archived