Jaguars New Uni's - Teal Alts?

Island_Style

Since I hate mega threads I am going to start one for the Jaguars new uniforms. I don't remember any talk of teal alts for the Jags. I found this quote interesting.

"The goal was to make a change," Jaguars president Mark Lamping told fans at a Fan Forum event. "The idea was to continue to have teal be a part of every uniform that we wear, and that that teal jersey would become our version of that Notre Dame green jersey. Notre Dame has a green jersey they wear occasionally. You don't know when they're going to wear it, but when they bring it out, there's tremendous support and it gets a lot of attention."

So it sounds like the Jags will sill have a teal uni after all.

The guy talking has no understanding of anything, though.

There's a big difference between a green jersey for a program like Notre Dame, with as much uniform tradition, and an alternate jersey for a bottom-dwelling NFL Franchise. Nobody will care when Jacksonville wears teal. They did for years...

I remember when the Falcons were primarily black with their red alternate. The red alternate was so popular that the red then became the primary and the black would become the alt (then eventually scrapped).

I hope this is what happens here. The popularity of teal could be the same situation with the Falcons. Maybe not scrap the black, but move it to secondary status

Go A's!

I remember when the Falcons were primarily black with their red alternate. The red alternate was so popular that the red then became the primary and the black would become the alt (then eventually scrapped).

I hope this is what happens here. The popularity of teal could be the same situation with the Falcons. Maybe not scrap the black, but move it to secondary status

I can see that happening here in a year or two, but it will be up to ownership to do so. From the shield logo to "Stand United," I think that the new Jaguars duds will have quite a few military elements in them. I'd also argue that Black/Gold is one of the most military-themed color schemes a team can use, and it seems that the Jaguars are emphasizing those colors for this rebrand. I can see Khan staunchly defending the move to black and gold for that reason.

While I definitely like honoring the military through alternate uniforms/logos/etc.,* I don't like it when a team throws out a unique color scheme and/or uniform set just to honor the military. Just ask (most) San Diego fans how they feel about the Chargers and Padres* wearing navy blue full-time in order to apparently^ honor the Navy--especially when those two teams would stand out wearing powder blue and brown.

*I actually like both the Padres' camo old and current alternates--they're the only ones worth keeping from their current set IMO. They could keep the current virtually unchanged (maybe replace the wordmark on the front) or revert to the greener ones while returning to brown.

^I'm not sure if the Spanos have ever used the Navy as a reason for wearing navy blue full-time, but I wouldn't put it past them.

That was one of my first thoughts/hopes.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the Chargers wear navy because it's Dean Spanos' favorite color. Definitely shows how tonedeaf he's been in regards to the fanbase, since most fans tend to prefer powder blue, with the Fouts-era royal blue being the second most popular.

That's what I figured.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the Chargers wear navy because it's Dean Spanos' favorite color. Definitely shows how tonedeaf he's been in regards to the fanbase, since most fans tend to prefer powder blue, with the Fouts-era royal blue being the second most popular.

That's what I figured.

He really needs to get over that because the royal & yellow or Collegiate blue & yellow is just a unbeatable combination compared to what they have now.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

i think we will see every team with an alternate/throwback soon. so teal for the Jags is a good bet

That is a confirmation above.

Then why did you put a question mark in the thread title?

To get you to click. You aren't suppose to stop reading after the title. You read the content as well. Maybe Brand should read two sentences first before posting.

Island_Style likes this

Archived