Got Pixels NFL Concepts: Titans

GotPixels

Guest darkpiranha

Nice, but the purple on the uniforms is a bit too bright and LSU-ish, but that's possibly more a byproduct of Photoshop's transfer modes. The slightly more muted purple of the helmets feels better to my eyes. I'm normally not a fan of the colored visors, but they look pretty cool in this execution.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, but the purple on the uniforms is a bit too bright and LSU-ish, but that's possibly more a byproduct of Photoshop's transfer modes. The slightly more muted purple of the helmets feels better to my eyes. I'm normally not a fan of the colored visors, but they look pretty cool in this execution.

vikingscolor.jpg

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Guest darkpiranha

That's funny, because just looking at those PMS color swatches, it looks like LSU is actually DARKER than Minnesota...

Just wanted to say you are a machine GP when it comes to cranking out concepts.

I guess that I really should find time for a real life. :D

Vikings' mono alts = For the love of God, no.

Mono? Does the white look gray?

Cowboys are perfect. I think you've made a case for the green silver, which I was always adamantly against before. As a vikings fan, I can say thats way too much yellow for my tastes. It always comes off as garish to me. But i'm in the vast minority here who would love to see yellow replaced with gray.

The Cowboys' design is nearly perfect, though I think a slightly darker blue would look even better.

I'm feeling a bit of a yellow overload on the Vikes. I'd switch the white and the yellow on the stripes and draft the concept with different gloves and sleeves (not a crucial design aspect, just a suggestion based on personal taste). I'd also lose the purple pants because the monochrome purp is a "no" for me and white-on-white its one of the best looks in sports IMO.

Cowboys are perfect. I think you've made a case for the green silver, which I was always adamantly against before. As a vikings fan, I can say thats way too much yellow for my tastes. It always comes off as garish to me. But i'm in the vast minority here who would love to see yellow replaced with gray.

Thanks for the feedback. I was taking a step back in time a little with the stripes (60's) and I get where you are coming from with the gold. The purple and gold look is one the best, in my opinion. Second to the Cowboys of course. We can agree to disagree on that one. I was experimenting with the gold and I like it. I know that it isn't traditional for Vikings fans, but I think a little more gold would be good. Not too much though.

Here is another version with less gold. I know the all purple is a little frowned upon, but I think it is sharp. Always have.

vikingscomp2.jpg

are the pants striping the same as the shoulder striping ?

Yes it is.

Thanks for the feedback. I was taking a step back in time a little with the stripes (60's) and I get where you are coming from with the gold. The purple and gold look is one the best, in my opinion. Second to the Cowboys of course. We can agree to disagree on that one. I was experimenting with the gold and I like it. I know that it isn't traditional for Vikings fans, but I think a little more gold would be good. Not too much though.

Here is another version with less gold. I know the all purple is a little frowned upon, but I think it is sharp. Always have.

are the pants striping the same as the shoulder striping ?

Yes it is.

I think you should just go with the white pants with purple jerseys. I don't like the monochrome look there./

Not a fan of the Buc's jerseys, or the Vikings. Too much contrast in my eyes, and it really makes these look like there for college football.

Just curious as to how contrast correlates to college?

These are the actual colors of each team.

Archived