Got Pixels NFL Concepts: Titans

GotPixels

I darkened the background to help with the red and orange separation. These colors are from the current color set. I got them from Colorwerx. The cutout below points you too the red and the orange. Also to a set that uses just orange. My attempt was to combine the two into the uniform set without one overriding the other.

tampacomp.jpg

tampacomp3.jpg

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[sort of off topic rant]

While action templates are great, they can be limiting as far as presenting a concept goes. We don't really get a full sense of what your design looks like. All we can see is the front. This isnt really a problem with your vikings concept, or most traditional designs for that matter, but for the Dolphins, things start to come into question about the design because of the template it's presented on. What's that grey thing on the back of the jersey and pants? What does the Bucs pants stripe look like? Don't get me wrong, I like action templates. But when they are relied on as the only way to present a concept, especially when there's only one view (excluding the close ups), then it looks more like a uniform teaser than a concept IMO. I recommend starting concepts using a flat, 2d template (there's billions out there) with a front and back and even a side view. That way you can show off your concept to its full extent (not to mention you don't have to do all of that warping and skewing crap).

[/sort of off topic rant]

Now as for the concepts...

Vikings: add a purple jersey white pants option and your good to go.

Dolphins: like I said earlier, I'm not sure what that grey thing on the backside is... I'm definitely not fond of three different socks. I'd suggest removing the orange ones. Not gonna lie, the orange set looks awful. The color balance throws the whole thing off. If you gave it white pants it would look much better.

Bucs: either remove red or orange. They just make they other look faded and kind of bleed together. I also suggest using a standard block font. The one you picked doesn't look good. Maybe you could put the pirate ship or flag on the sleeves, I think that would look good.

One last thing... On the pants, the nfl shield and Nike logo are already going to be on the front, so there isn't going to be any room for a team logo there.

Hopefully you don't take any of this the wrong way.

spacer.png

[sort of off topic rant]

While action templates are great, they can be limiting as far as presenting a concept goes. We don't really get a full sense of what your design looks like. All we can see is the front. This isnt really a problem with your vikings concept, or most traditional designs for that matter, but for the Dolphins, things start to come into question about the design because of the template it's presented on. What's that grey thing on the back of the jersey and pants? What does the Bucs pants stripe look like? Don't get me wrong, I like action templates. But when they are relied on as the only way to present a concept, especially when there's only one view (excluding the close ups), then it looks more like a uniform teaser than a concept IMO. I recommend starting concepts using a flat, 2d template (there's billions out there) with a front and back and even a side view. That way you can show off your concept to its full extent (not to mention you don't have to do all of that warping and skewing crap).

Dolphins: like I said earlier, I'm not sure what that grey thing on the backside is... I'm definitely not fond of three different socks. I'd suggest removing the orange ones. Not gonna lie, the orange set looks awful. The color balance throws the whole thing off. If you gave it white pants it would look much better.

Bucs: either remove red or orange. They just make they other look faded and kind of bleed together. I also suggest using a standard block font. The one you picked doesn't look good. Maybe you could put the pirate ship or flag on the sleeves, I think that would look good.

One last thing... On the pants, the nfl shield and Nike logo are already going to be on the front, so there isn't going to be any room for a team logo there.

Lots of feedback. None taken the wrong way.

I prefer the action templates because I find the flat 2D templates quite boring. I prefer to push myself with the tools, such as warping and crap. No offense taken.

As far as the sets, I like to present good and slightly questionable together to provoke feedback. I mean, I know that the Miami Orange set is gaudy, but I do it to give perspective to the overall design.

The socks, well that whole design is leaning toward the information that is out there. So really just guessing where they go. The back view actually was supposed to be white instead of gray. It just transferred that way. The Bucs, the font is their font. I explained my reasoning for the red and orange. Really just wanted to see if it would even work in the real world.

The pants, in my concept, I would prefer the team logos there instead of on the sleeves. Less redundancy in my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback.

Guest darkpiranha

I love the combination of eras. I wouldn't have thought it could look good, but this has a cool look that immediately says "Bucs" to me. However, I halfway agree that the orange sleeves on the red jersey looks a bit like the color has just faded. And I also agree that the white jersey with orange and black sleeves makes me think of the Bengals. Needs more red in there. I'd maybe try bringing in the shoulder stripes more to where the sleeve area is larger and extends farther down under the arm before it joins and turns into the stripe.

Can't wrap my mind around the Buccaneers using the Falcons font.

Egg on my face for being so adamant that is was Tampa Bay's!

Apologies.

Really? Buccaneers have always used block.

Really, as in, I had the wrong comp.

tampacomp5.jpg

Honestly, Tampa Bay looks like the Bengals added red to their scheme. I think it just may be the shoulder stripes.

?

hi-res-158342565_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

I know the stripes are different, but at first glance it looked like Cincy. Darkpiranha also mentioned it. Your update is better. You still used the orange, but not to the point of looking like a red Bengals alternate.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

[sort of off topic rant]

Lots of feedback. None taken the wrong way.

I prefer the action templates because I find the flat 2D templates quite boring. I prefer to push myself with the tools, such as warping and crap. No offense taken.

As far as the sets, I like to present good and slightly questionable together to provoke feedback. I mean, I know that the Miami Orange set is gaudy, but I do it to give perspective to the overall design.

The socks, well that whole design is leaning toward the information that is out there. So really just guessing where they go. The back view actually was supposed to be white instead of gray. It just transferred that way. The Bucs, the font is their font. I explained my reasoning for the red and orange. Really just wanted to see if it would even work in the real world.

The pants, in my concept, I would prefer the team logos there instead of on the sleeves. Less redundancy in my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback.

Fair enough.

Regarding the whole Bucs color thing, it looks a lot better with your update. I actually wrote down my post before you posted your recent version, before you gave the colors a little more distinction.

Makes sense now.

spacer.png

Now that's Tampa Bay! I love the way it looks, the orange wasn't working with the red, which is why I screamed college football (because it looked like something a college team would do).

Thanks and I agree. Orange and Pewter together is whacked.

Guest darkpiranha

Even though I hated the old "creamsicle" orange unis, I thought what you had done with them looked really good. Gimme an orange and red alt!

Archived