Minnesota Vikings Forecast (For real this time)

I've taken information I've learned from various sites across the net (including this one) and mocked up something that shouldn't be too far off from the final version. Now what we know is that it it has been confirmed that the design will be a good mix of retro and modern, and so with that in mind, I made the numbers block format without an outline, and chose to make them gold, like the wordmark that was released the other day. I gave it a gray facemask and pants, as rumors seem to be fairly prevalent that both these elements will be included in the new design. The biggest shock may be the helmet, and basing off what I have learned, the helmet is different than it's ever been in the past. I can't imagine they'd do away with the horns, nor would thy change the sshape of the horns because the new logo just adopted them. I'm thinking, based off Jared Allen's description of "tougher" that the helmet will eliminate the bright white horns and opt for a darker (tougher) gray horned look.

NHMxJ8e.jpg

That is not the new gold they are using for the logo or the wordmark we have seen.

I am not going to say this is impossible but I do not think they will change the horns in any way on the helmet.

I sure hope Minnesota does not go anywhere near this look.

That is not the new gold they are using for the logo or the wordmark we have seen.

I am not going to say this is impossible but I do not think they will change the horns in any way on the helmet.

I sure hope Minnesota does not go anywhere near this look.

That gold is taken straight from the Vikings new logo. I'm pretty sure the picture making rounds of the "Vikings" on the front of the jersey looks darker because of Nike's darker filter they love to use.

I too think the horns are a long shot, but it's pretty much that or stripes, and gray horns looked better with stripes.

I've taken information I've learned from various sites across the net (including this one) and mocked up something that shouldn't be too far off from the final version. Now what we know is that it it has been confirmed that the design will be a good mix of retro and modern, and so with that in mind, I made the numbers block format without an outline, and chose to make them gold, like the wordmark that was released the other day. I gave it a gray facemask and pants, as rumors seem to be fairly prevalent that both these elements will be included in the new design. The biggest shock may be the helmet, and basing off what I have learned, the helmet is different than it's ever been in the past. I can't imagine they'd do away with the horns, nor would thy change the sshape of the horns because the new logo just adopted them. I'm thinking, based off Jared Allen's description of "tougher" that the helmet will eliminate the bright white horns and opt for a darker (tougher) gray horned look.

NHMxJ8e.jpg

Um, yeah, no offense but... shouldn't be too far off from the final version? Seriously? OK, if you want to post a concept and call it that, fine, but I'm not sure where you're getting a lot of this.

The gray horns are a complete reach... they just redesigned the logo, with not a scrap of gray.

The jersey stripes are strange... I get that they're supposed to be a play off the old road stripes, but still. Reach.

All gold numbers I just can't see. Not with the lack of gold anywhere else.

Plain block numbers would surprise me. I expect a custom font... one very much inspired by classic fonts, but still proprietary... That's just how its done now.

Gray pants... well, maybe, I guess, but I don't know that i've seen anything other than fan-guesses about it.

And gold sock? Let me just say, no chance in hell.

How are gray horns "tougher" than white horns? I'd guarantee their new uniforms will look absolutely nothing like this. Also, you could center the numbers better, or if you are using photoshop/gimp there is a perspective tool you could use.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Based on your other concepts, your "forecasting" doesn't seem to be close "according to information" on this site and this page. Its a good thing they didn't hire you to track Hurricane Isaac cause your forecasting is pretty far off. I'm sorry, I'm not one to criticize, but these seem to be something a third tier arena football 2 team would've wore. All I can possibly say now that everyone else has not said is to go back o the drawing board.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Based on your other concepts, your "forecasting" doesn't seem to be close "according to information" on this site and this page. Its a good thing they didn't hire you to track Hurricane Isaac cause your forecasting is pretty far off. I'm sorry, I'm not one to criticize, but these seem to be something a third tier arena football 2 team would've wore. All I can possibly say now that everyone else has not said is to go back o the drawing board.

Umm the Miami one is spot on according to every bit of information out there, the Jacksonville one is based on the uniforms that we've already seen, and the first Vikings one was a JOKE (not the first one in this post, but my first ever post in Concepts)

Now, that said I'll admit the horns are one hundred percent speculation on my part. Honestly, I think the Vikings helmet is going to be unprecedentedly different, so it's pointless for anyone to try and guess it. I made the horns white again here and gave the helmet a Seattle style carbon fiber design down the middle that is reminiscent of chain mail. I also made the stripes larger and changed the socks to purple.

49DjCbu.jpg

Ok. Im sorry. Now back to the concept: The update is 50 times better. Looks like you fixed the number situation. I as well as others think that the gold youre using should be more like the logo the recently came out with. the script should look more like the one revealed about a week or so ago. The numbers are still bothering me. I doubt they will change from the white. Finally, the gray seems WAY outta place to me. As mentioned before, the update is better than your others on the Vikes.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Guest darkpiranha

The easy way to get people off your case is to post your 'sources'. Not just cut and paste the text, but link to the articles you're using to develop this concept. I have to admit that I'm with everyone else in that I don't think there's ANY way that this is remotely close to what the Vikings are going to do, and that you're just attempting to troll all of us. If so, ha ha. Well-played. But I'm also perfectly willing to be wrong and that while you might not be executing it in a beautiful way that your information is accurate. The easy way is to share your links with us.

The easy way to get people off your case is to post your 'sources'. Not just cut and paste the text, but link to the articles you're using to develop this concept. I have to admit that I'm with everyone else in that I don't think there's ANY way that this is remotely close to what the Vikings are going to do, and that you're just attempting to troll all of us. If so, ha ha. Well-played. But I'm also perfectly willing to be wrong and that while you might not be executing it in a beautiful way that your information is accurate. The easy way is to share your links with us.

Agreed.

Archived