The SEC and ESPN announced the creation of the SEC network which is scheduled to start in August 2014. Not much creativity went into the logo as all they did was slap the work network below their current SEC/ESPN partnership logo. ESPN will be part owner of the network, but with the channel being called "SEC Network", having ESPN in the middle makes for a somewhat clunky logo. Despite having the ESPN logo get in the way of the natural reading progression of the channel's name, the vertical version is better looking than the horizontal one in my opinion.

765296908.jpg

765297657.0_standard_352.0.jpg

• 5 months later...

the SEC is so over rated even though the teams are good.

you can't be overrated when you have dominated college football over the last decade winning every national championship

Close, but actually, they've only won eight of the last ten.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The way the rest of the SEC has played this year I can't see them keeping up with Bama. Florida State has been a nice surprise this year too.

In regards to the SEC TV logo it's surprising they slapped ESPN right in the middle of it. Something similar to the Longhorn Network would work better. Just have the SEC inside a rectangle and TV outside it. Job done.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

the SEC is so over rated even though the teams are good.

you can't be overrated when you have dominated college football over the last decade winning every national championship

Close, but actually, they've only won eight of the last ten.

According to the NCAA, there was a mysterious two-season gap in 2003 and 2004 and the BCS national champions are both LSU and Auburn, respectively. They've only acknowledged the former.

The way the rest of the SEC has played this year I can't see them keeping up with Bama. Florida State has been a nice surprise this year too.

In regards to the SEC TV logo it's surprising they slapped ESPN right in the middle of it. Something similar to the Longhorn Network would work better. Just have the SEC inside a rectangle and TV outside it. Job done.

I'm actually hoping for an Iron Bowl upset of Bama keeping them out of the SEC Championship, setting up an FSU v Oregon BCS final.

Archived