[Soccer] Europeanized American Soccer - Amateur Divisions (Huntsville and Little Rock added!)

Naoned Pride

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDMONTON!!! I wouldn't go with city colours though, especially with Dayton sharing the same colours. Blue and orange? Maybe green and gold?

I always try to find a meaning when chosing the colours (hence the introductions on each crest). If you can bring me a decent link between these colors and the city, we can discuss !

Man, Phoenix is classy. The city of Phoenix logo looks pretty good all white on a dark background. My only comment would be that the crest is pretty elongated so the proportions look off, so it also means that the flag looks like it takes a tiny area at the top and almost looks out of place.

I actually thought about it when making the kits. It was unusual to size it on the shirts tbh. Might put a concept without the flag to a vote then.

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

as much as I like the Catalan style Phoenix look, it may be too similar to that of Barca or any other minor team around the area. A Maroon home jersey might be a better choice, with a sublimated Phoenix on it. Also as for Edmonton, I would use black that is from the real Edmonton FC.

as much as I like the Catalan style Phoenix look, it may be too similar to that of Barca or any other minor team around the area. A Maroon home jersey might be a better choice, with a sublimated Phoenix on it. Also as for Edmonton, I would use black that is from the real Edmonton FC.

Barça ? Their Catalonia-like jersey is a one year thing man, nike's very likely to change it to some eye-raping color next year. Then again, I think I should have used the purple color of the Phoenix flag, it's pretty singular indeed.

Concerning Edmonton, I can't see what bothers you with the colors, these are the city's !

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Barça ? Their Catalonia-like jersey is a one year thing man, nike's very likely to change it to some eye-raping color next year. Then again, I think I should have used the purple color of the Phoenix flag, it's pretty singular indeed.

Concerning Edmonton, I can't see what bothers you with the colors, these are the city's !

I'm guessing Barcelona will continue to wear the Catalonian color clash jersey again next year. They've worn them the last two years, and I think the Barcelona fan-base has really fell in love with the Catalonia colors and pride.

However, I do not think that is an excuse to change your Phoenix kit. If anything, the similarity might draw people to the look. A Division 2 United States league team is not exactly competing in the same market as Barcelona.

The Catalan thing was quite controversial last time I checked so having a random American City's team looking like it could cause backlash. Im not complaining, i get thats this whole thing is fantasy. I hate Barca but I love Catalunya as a whole so those jerseys really make me happy. Even my Perpignan AFC concept is based of of a similar design with blue added.

Now as for Edmonton. Someone mentioned that it looked to similar to Dayton. I was just making a suggestion to avoid a Aston Villa / West Ham situation. Daytons clash jersey should be all orange as a not to the Dutch heritage. Edmontons home should be black. I say this because the real team already has that identity and Ive screwed around with some Edmonton concepts myself and I have to say black and blue with a hint of red on the collar and white numbers and sponsor, really comes out nice.

We don't often use city colours for our teams as most of them are heavily red or blue.

Lol, how would it be controversial ? I can tell at least three teams that have the yellow-red stripes in Europe.

Again, concerning Dayton-Edmonton, I don't understand that the same colours bother you that much. Bilbao and Atlético in Spain have been having the same red-white stripes jersey for decades, same for Barcelona and Levante if I'm not mistaken.

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

I've decided to change Phoenix's first colours, I missed the purple the first time and I told myself it was a mistake for it's probably a very singular color in my project. I've also reduced the crest's size.

FC Phoenix (update)

1396896589-fcp-intro-2.png

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Well, let's get a move on.

Fort Lauderdale FC

1397238224-flfc-intro.png

Harrisburg City

1397238259-hc-intro.png

(I must admit the stroke added a bad tone on the Harrisburg crest, but it's not a part of the logo itself, I had to add it so that it wouldn't just get lost in the white background of this site).

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Not much debate out there :P

Just to tell about a minor detail change, I've finally decided to change "Long Island United", which was supposed to be based on NY Cosmos, to "New Jersey Athletic". I figured out it was maybe too bad to have two NYC team in the same league when the first one actually used the Cosmos' legacy. And since the Cosmos played their greatest years in a New Jersey stadium, I decided to make that decision.

With that being said, maybe these two additions will gather a little more people this time !

Indianapolis FC

1397356007-indy-intro.png

Minnesota United

1397356010-mu-intro.png

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Lookin' good! Living in Edmonton, it's just that I don't identify my city with blue and white. I suggest that you go with the old Oilers colours: Navy and copper. The copper is also a reference to the oil found in Edmonton. Here's a reference picture:

Oilers14.png

Edit: I just noticed that it's Ryan Smyth's jersey...

Yeah, these kind of jerseys are bad with a sponsor, but I wanna keep the jersey as it looks, Croatia-like, maybe with a white box for the sponsor. Could you provide a pic of the shirt you're talking about ?

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Lilly is probably the best choice for Indy's sponsor. Its a very clasdy look and many have made concepts with it.

I like edmontons look now, it was lacking a unique quality to it and know it is very unique and has some greater meaning behind it.

I've been quite busy lately, exams are approaching. Not like I missed lots of feedbacks, huh !

As said above, I reworked on Indy's home kit.

Indianapolis FC

1398105534-indy-intro.png

And two new additions:

New Jersey Athletic

1398105328-nja-intro.png

Oklahoma City FC

1398105332-okc-intro.png

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Archived