[Soccer] Europeanized American Soccer - Amateur Divisions (Huntsville and Little Rock added!)

Naoned Pride

I realize I am late to the party, but I noticed a few things with your crests.

First of all, I really love the rose in the Portland crest. Great job.

I like Philadelphia's crest except the crack in the Liberty Bell isn't placed correctly. Here is a reference picture.

I am also not sure about the auroelas on the Salt Lake crest. Are you trying to make a heart design? I can't tell what they are representing. If they are just to fill space, they confuse more than they are worth (in my opinion).

I think Montreal's crest would look better if a blue outline circled the white half of the crest. It looks like it is falling off into space when removed from the kits.

I like the Kansas City Union name. I'm not a big fan of the stylized KC; it's too loopy and has too much of a discrepancy in line weights IMO. I'm also not sure about having the entire states of Kansas and Missouri represented in the crest. I understand why you would do that (to show the team represents all of Kansas and Missouri), but it is really wide at the base of the crest. What if you would draw a line that mirrors the state line down the crest (similar to what their current jerseys use) to show the joining of the two states?

Awesome job with this thread though. Most of these look great.

award%20sig.png

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about the crest on the SLC team. The aureolas (tee hee) look like Mickey Mouse ears, which makes the tabernacle look a bit like the Cinderella castle at Disney. I am also not sure if you want to use what is essentially a church as the symbol for a secular organization. Would this offend Mormons instead of pleasing them? Would it annoy non-Mormons? or is the tabernacle building so essential to the city's identity that no one would be concerned?

Since I didn't know much about Salt Lake City or Utah as a whole, I've done some research about potential landmarks and monument and the Temple came out pretty obvious to me. But what you said brought me into some deeper research and I understand the concern. I first thought this would be the Church as an architectural monument, chase of the Cathédrale in Reims - Eastern France, it's a really famous landmark of the city - or the Statue of Jesus in Brasilia (or Rio ? Meh).

Then again, I'll re-work on it considering this issue. I know religion's a bigger thing in the US than in my area, so what might concern you here wouldn't be a problem where I live, hence my lack of concern on the case here.

I realize I am late to the party, but I noticed a few things with your crests.

First of all, I really love the rose in the Portland crest. Great job.

I like Philadelphia's crest except the crack in the Liberty Bell isn't placed correctly. Here is a reference picture.

I am also not sure about the auroelas on the Salt Lake crest. Are you trying to make a heart design? I can't tell what they are representing. If they are just to fill space, they confuse more than they are worth (in my opinion).

I think Montreal's crest would look better if a blue outline circled the white half of the crest. It looks like it is falling off into space when removed from the kits.

I like the Kansas City Union name. I'm not a big fan of the stylized KC; it's too loopy and has too much of a discrepancy in line weights IMO. I'm also not sure about having the entire states of Kansas and Missouri represented in the crest. I understand why you would do that (to show the team represents all of Kansas and Missouri), but it is really wide at the base of the crest. What if you would draw a line that mirrors the state line down the crest (similar to what their current jerseys use) to show the joining of the two states?

Awesome job with this thread though. Most of these look great.

Yeah well I found a couple of different Bells on the internet with several cracks here and there. I'll center it to end the concern.

Concerning Montreal, you're totally right, it didn't catch my eyes at first but now that you said it... !

I'm not as sure about KC, I don't see what bothers you with the "KC" (English isn't my native language, so I admit I might not understand completely) and your proposal is, as you said, something already done on the real crest. I think it would be a waste if I just copied it 99%.

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Here's my tiny update on Montreal.

1394259954-qdm-logo.png

And the not-so tiny update on Salt Lake City, with a couple landscapes added to the mix. If this gets approval, I'll remake an introduction, as I've thought a Celtic FC-like jersey style would fit just perfectly.

1394259834-slc-new-logo.png

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Sold !

1394360175-intro-slc.png

And since the following didn't take me much time to do and the last one didn't change from my previous work, I've decided to release three in one take.

SC Vancouver

1394363245-scv-intro.png

I've just realized these colours are Cascadia's too !

SoCal FC

1394360189-socal-intro.png

Sporting Seattle

1394360195-ss-intro.png

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Love the colour change on my caps. Fits in really well with the rest of our teams and the Pacific Northwest as a whole. Kits look great. My two nitpicks are that the shade of green you chose seems to get lost in the blue of the logo. I think a white outline, lightening the green slightly or darkening the blue slightly would fix it, and that the green V on the bottom seems to look strange, as the crest is supposed to signify the mountains and waves. Maybe have the top triangles green and the bottom ones white.

As much as I like the Cascadia colours for Vancouver, realistically speaking, they would never drop the Whitecaps name - plus I believe the logo itself purposely has a V and W in the waves. But this is just a concept so it's not that important.

Also, that's not the Bell logo, so you may need to fix it :P

I'd also like to mention that the sponsors for the Canadian MLS teams are horribly screwed up. BMO sponsors TFC yet are from Montreal. Bell sponsors Vancouver, yet they are from Montreal. Telus is the other big phone company in Canada and they are from Burnaby - a city outside Vancouver. Just a thought if you wanted to change it up.

I must echo 1clkgtramg thoughts. I'm not a fan of SC Vancouver's kit or logo because it should remain Whitecaps. The colors are yes Cascadia but the colors that were choosen by the Whitecaps were for blue for the ocean and white/grey for the surrounding mountain tops. And I agree with Chromoatic with the color changes, green (forest green) should be for the top V's and ocean blue for the bottom W...

Nice job on the SoCal and Seattle kits!

Love the colour change on my caps. Fits in really well with the rest of our teams and the Pacific Northwest as a whole. Kits look great. My two nitpicks are that the shade of green you chose seems to get lost in the blue of the logo. I think a white outline, lightening the green slightly or darkening the blue slightly would fix it, and that the green V on the bottom seems to look strange, as the crest is supposed to signify the mountains and waves. Maybe have the top triangles green and the bottom ones white.

The colour issue you're talking about is fair enough, I admit, I'll update. But I don't know about the triangles colour changes, doesn't appeal me that much. Might give it a try but then again I don't really like the idea to be honest. But I'll try it out.

As much as I like the Cascadia colours for Vancouver, realistically speaking, they would never drop the Whitecaps name - plus I believe the logo itself purposely has a V and W in the waves. But this is just a concept so it's not that important.

Also, that's not the Bell logo, so you may need to fix it :P

I'd also like to mention that the sponsors for the Canadian MLS teams are horribly screwed up. BMO sponsors TFC yet are from Montreal. Bell sponsors Vancouver, yet they are from Montreal. Telus is the other big phone company in Canada and they are from Burnaby - a city outside Vancouver. Just a thought if you wanted to change it up.

Glad you realized the point on dropping the Whitecaps name, I only kept it as a nickname for the team to keep a little identity from the real franchise.

Meh, I don't even remember where I got the Bell logo from. It's a detail, but since I'm going to change the logo, might as well change the sponsor !

I didn't know about the sponsoring origins, I don't really care when I make my teams here, since I take the sponsor used by the franchises (except for New York, for which I've given up the Red Bull for obvious reasons). So it's not my problem if your team's sponsored by a quebecer company :P

I must echo 1clkgtramg thoughts. I'm not a fan of SC Vancouver's kit or logo because it should remain Whitecaps. The colors are yes Cascadia but the colors that were choosen by the Whitecaps were for blue for the ocean and white/grey for the surrounding mountain tops. And I agree with Chromoatic with the color changes, green (forest green) should be for the top V's and ocean blue for the bottom W...

Nice job on the SoCal and Seattle kits!

Well, as stated in the introduction box, I didn't really think about Cascadia when chosing these colours, it's something I realized just before posting it here.

Any thought on SoCal and Seattle or are they just so good you don't have anything to say 'bout them people ?! :P

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Here are the two new versions based on your suggestions. I personnally would go with the one on the left. I find it aestheticaly better. But tell me your opinion on these.

1394451542-scv-logo-2.png1394451545-scv-logo-3.png

I like one on the left because of the the upper half the mixture of the mountain tops and green forests. But not a real fan of the green and while below. I would switch the lower green to blue for water...

I agree with the blue for the low green. These are amazing. But, again coming to colour schemes, I love Seattle in a brighter green and blue, as they use currently. Love the concepts, though!

Here are the two new versions based on your suggestions. I personnally would go with the one on the left. I find it aestheticaly better. But tell me your opinion on these.

1394451542-scv-logo-2.png1394451545-scv-logo-3.png

Right. 100% Right. Looks great.

The people saying green shouldn't be there because they're the 'Whitecaps' are forgetting this is a concept, and in this concept they're called 'SC Vancouver'

Almost a week-off, time to go back on tracks, with the three last members of the USPL.

SC Vancouver (update)

1395063194-scv-intro.png

Toronto FC

1395063198-tfc-intro.png

I have to admit I'm not quite sure about the CN Tower, tell me what you think.

Washington DCFC

1395063206-dcfc-intro.png

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Almost a week-off, time to go back on tracks, with the three last members of the USPL.

SC Vancouver (update)

1395063194-scv-intro.png

Toronto FC

1395063198-tfc-intro.png

I have to admit I'm not quite sure about the CN Tower, tell me what you think.

Washington DCFC

1395063206-dcfc-intro.png

I am a fan of the Washington DCFC kit and crest. Can you tell me what the two red stripes represent across the chest on the away and third kits? As for the TFC crest, there seems to be a space between the N and T in TORONTO. Just an observation :)

Oh, now that you say it... This is the font that kind of puts a grand canyon after the N for no goddamn reason, but I can change that.

As for DC's kits, it's the flag. It's litterally twice on my picture and you couldn't link the kits to the flag ? lol

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Oh, now that you say it... This is the font that kind of puts a grand canyon after the N for no goddamn reason, but I can change that.

As for DC's kits, it's the flag. It's litterally twice on my picture and you couldn't link the kits to the flag ? lol

Sorry lol Don't know how I missed that DC flag :)

Archived