Boulder Dash MiLB

BrandMooreArt

A while ago i came up with the name "Boulder Dash" and thought it would be appropriate for a MiLB team. i wasnt aware at the time, but i know now theres already a team named the Dash. But, i'm pretty proud of how this has turned out.

whole project here: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Boulder-Dash-Baseball-Identity/8744191

aebfc96bea0413bc20f96e1378f1414a.png

6d1d7bfea2b57334f78c14c338aeb841.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I love the logos and uniforms in general, but the blue pants are just too softball. You can't have anything but white, grey, or powder blue pants in baseball.

Those are definately not blue. Hopefully you're moniter's not that bad. No worries, I thought OSV's Hawaii concept had tan socks, but they turned out to be legs... Silly me...

I think this looks great. The script is really cool, as is the jersey design. I'd love to see the white and other jerseys for this team.

spacer.png

I love the logos and uniforms in general, but the blue pants are just too softball. You can't have anything but white, grey, or powder blue pants in baseball.

Those are definately not blue. Hopefully you're moniter's not that bad. No worries, I thought OSV's Hawaii concept had tan socks, but they turned out to be legs...

I think this looks great. The script is really cool, as is the jersey design. I'd love to see the white and other jerseys for this team.

Clicking on the link in the OP may solve all your problems.

-------------------------

Nice work here, Brandon! I do have to agree with Griffin on the pants, though. Although I am ok with dark colored pants on a baseball uniform, the way it's utilized on the alternate is a little gaudy.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Clicking on the link in the OP may solve all your problems.

My bad. I should really stop just looking at the pictures... :upside:

In that case, yes, the softball-esque pants don't work well. Other than that, this is wonderful.

spacer.png

Something about the numbers being the orange/gold on the home (pictured above) bugs me.

Did you try it with the outline and the main switched round so they are mainly creme with orange outline?

Did you try having the number split horizontally like the logos?

Other than that I like this a lot.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

the reason i like doing baseball projects is because im really not a follower of the game at all. im completely unaware of all the cultural "rules" and connotations that you guys see and it allows me to look at these things from a pure aesthetic/design viewpoint. that said, now knowing that blue pants reminds people of softball, if this were going to an actual team i would probably say "let's ditch the blue pants" but for what it is, i really dig them :)

@Marble, i tried a few different options with the numbers' colors. look at the whole set, and you see a different number color on each of the jerseys. that was 1 thing i wanted to do. as far as application of color, it's all about color hierarchy and making the number different from all other elements so it instantly jumps out at you. on the home set, orange is a tertiary/trim color in every area used slightly less than red and that was the reason for bringing that color into the number here. i tried to follow that logic on the other jerseys as well

ive done quite a few concepts where i've made the number resemble the logo/word mark, but with this one i dont think it would work that well. i wanted the numbers to be simple and do a 2 layer applique with bean stitch. like below

Stock-Bean-Stitch---Embroidery-Below-Gold-Series-Applique-Design_26924445.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

the reason i like doing baseball projects is because im really not a follower of the game at all. im completely unaware of all the cultural "rules" and connotations that you guys see and it allows me to look at these things from a pure aesthetic/design viewpoint. that said, now knowing that blue pants reminds people of softball, if this were going to an actual team i would probably say "let's ditch the blue pants" but for what it is, i really dig them :)

As a follower of baseball and only baseball (as far as sports go) I like them. Colored pants generally don't work, but there's exceptions to every rule and you nailed it here.

The only thing I don't like is that the pinstripes fade out on the top... That doesn't look "softball" or anything, it just looks like the jersey is really worn out on top. If it were me I'd lose them altogether, there's more than enough going on visually where a solid jersey would probably look best.

Archived