The Next Sidney Crosby

habsfan1

I've seen him play in person a couple of times and I would agree that he is really good. You know a young hockey player is good if Sports Illustrated does an article about him when he is only 16.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

John Tavares was mega-hyped at 15, if I remember correctly, and while he's been extremely good, he hasn't been Crosby good. Of course, his supporting cast has been even worse than Crosby's, too.

It'll be interesting to see who races to the bottom for him. It's much too early to say. Probably too late for the Oilers or Panthers. Sharks could do it if they time it just right.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It'll be interesting to see who races to the bottom for him. It's much too early to say. Probably too late for the Oilers or Panthers. Sharks could do it if they time it just right.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

I've seen him play in person, and met him.

UNREAL talent. He was the best player on the ice, even though he was at least a year younger than most of the guys out there, even as much as 5 years younger. In person, he's very shy and humble.

With all the rumours of the Otters possibly moving to Hamilton, I'm extra excited because of McDavid. Even if they move after next season, we'd still get two years of this kid.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

15?

Man, I feel old already.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Leafs call dibs.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I've seen him play in person, and met him.

UNREAL talent. He was the best player on the ice, even though he was at least a year younger than most of the guys out there, even as much as 5 years younger. In person, he's very shy and humble.

With all the rumours of the Otters possibly moving to Hamilton, I'm extra excited because of McDavid. Even if they move after next season, we'd still get two years of this kid.

Unless he makes the NHL ;)

About the Otters moving to Hamilton rumour - wouldn't that oversaturate the market? I suppose the Bulldogs could always move to the arena being built in Markham...

About the Otters moving to Hamilton rumour - wouldn't that oversaturate the market? I suppose the Bulldogs could always move to the arena being built in Markham...

They'd have to find another place in a couple years though, once Markham get's an NHL team.

The Otters have a great fanbase and the nicest arena in the OHL next season. There's no reason for them to move. Can we please keep in on the topic of McDavid until this tuns into a BS thread like the Coyotes one.

My draft year is also 2015.... only leaves me 2 years to get good enough. :(

I didn't know you play hockey at that level. Care to share more?

Oh no, I don't play Major Junior or anything (I wish). I just meant that 2015 would be my draft year if I did play Major Junior.

Keep an eye out West on Mathew Barzal, as well. No exceptional player status clause in WHL so he'll get his first crack at Major Junior this coming season.

• 6 months later...

Archived