Wonka's CHL Redesign! (WHL - Everett Silvertips, and Medicine Hat Tigers Added 6/20/13)

MrWonka

Starting a new series, and hopefully you guys will help me actually do all of these teams (by that I mean actually give me some incentive to do all the CHL teams) Hopefully I can!

Anyways, let's get right to the action, doing every team in Alphabetical order starting in the WHL

Brandon Wheat Kings:

This one was kind of a design I always wanted to do for the Wheat Kings, It's traditional, but also gives them a unique design with the sublimated wheat design on the hem. I didn't really like any alternate logos they had, so I decided to leave the shoulders empty, and I think it looks good. As always, let me know what you think! - Dylan

e733f1d8fea770aad29503d92533c918.png

Portland Winterhawks:

For this, I wanted to keep the 'Blackhawks' look since, well the logo is similar. I didn't want to lose that touch, but at the same time I wanted them to have their own version of the uniforms. So I made a black home with almost the same striping pattern as the red version, and the away has a different combination of colors on the stripes, but it is the same striping pattern I guess...anyways. As always let me know what you think!

318b2e3a4c5e34d2a860ba3b2e56cce2.png

Seattle Thunderbirds

For this concept (I'm only doing traditional striping teams first, until I get the other style templates) I wanted another traditional looking team. Seattle rolls with a Hartford knockoff, and it looks good, but they should have something of their own. This is exactly it. After seeing Dallas pull off the green color they have, I think it looks really nice with more green in the jersey! As always, tell me what you think!

e53ff8acfdda0c279d4ec32887da3a96.png

Edmonton Oil Kings:

Simplicity at it's finest. I really don't know why they use red for their jerseys. Is it something that has been around since their existence? Either way I eliminated the red and green from the crown so none of it is in the jersey. Just a simple light blue and gold color scheme which really looks nice. I flipped the striping pattern from the hem to the arms just so it's not too boring, and it is different. So it's simple, traditional. Looks good, but it was hard to give them a unique pattern or uniform. Anyways, let me know what you think!

4b9ebfdef9ea01c1f366cd5d0b86bd73.png

I'm digging the sublimated wheat pattern but why not throw it in the sleeve striping as well? I mean if you're going to do it go all the way. Looks great so far.

Heres my thought process. I totally think that would look great but I didn't want the sublimation to be the actually stripe design, rather just something on the jersey that makes it unique in one area. I actually tried to make it the chest stripe but I thought that looked too busy. I hope I explained that in a decent way. But yea, I shoulda continued it onto the arms.

Tri City Americans:

For this I wanted a nice looking old school, chest stripe jersey. I also took out the side..wing things and made them into the chest stripe for the home. For the away...it looks exactly like a recolored Ottawa 3rd, it's not meant to, but I think it looks better with those colors! Pretty safe concept, tell me what you think!

58cee1ea337431920d21d9593e625282.png

Spokane Chiefs:

With Montreal knockoffs, they need a redesign more than anyone in the WHL, atleast the Winterhawks kind of have an excuse to use Blackhawks jerseys. Anyways. I love incorporating the logo into the striping pattern if I can on teams jerseys. Especially in juniors where it would most likely happen so here it is. For the away I didn't want to change the base color for the "feather" stripe because I wanted to keep it the same as the logo. but I still think it stands out with the blue outline. The away also has a different shoulder style to make it look like the striping pattern too. As always, let me know what you think!

2808ffe9d2fdc40bcb025bee0c7fbd04.png

Incorporating the feather design in the stripes on the Spokane set is ace! I also really like what you did with Tri-Cities.

Thank you! It's always risky doing something like that with the stripes. But most of the times it turns out well!

Tri City Americans:

For this I wanted a nice looking old school, chest stripe jersey. I also took out the side..wing things and made them into the chest stripe for the home. For the away...it looks exactly like a recolored Ottawa 3rd, it's not meant to, but I think it looks better with those colors! Pretty safe concept, tell me what you think!

58cee1ea337431920d21d9593e625282.png

Growing up an Americans fan, I would love for them to wear this!! And even though I despise the Chiefs, they look really good!! All of these are splendid!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

IMO, the Americans concept could use some work. Everything else is just about spot on! Nice job.

Coming from a habs fan, no surprise. Haha no I kid. It was definitely the hardest one to transition to an away uniform. I didn't want to just make the white stripes blue. But at the same time I wanted to keep the chest stripe.

Regina Pats:

I kept the home very similar to what it actually is. I think in general they have very nice uni's. I did however change the away striping pattern. I think it's just a classic set. I didn't want to change too much, but, to make it a concept. I did small changes.

cbb5efc93da1eec43779013e9faa9084.png

Lethbridge Hurricanes:

With the new updated logo which I do like, I couldn't help but to make a concept. Especially since they have the Capitals look. They need their own identity with their new logo. And AGAIN. I take the logo into consideration with the striping/design. Here it is, I think no matter what it is an upgrade to what they have. My 2013-2014 Lethbridge Hurricanes!

9653d6c2bdee0bdf172f2dfa980651aa.png

Archived