Tennessee Volunteers Logo Concept v.2

mcrosby

Well, about 6 years ago, not long after starting here on CCSLC I posted a topic with my Vols revamp. It was done on MS Paint and not exactly pristine.

This was the original concept:

volsqw9.png

It wasn't all that great, but back in the day I was quite proud.

Another member recently asked if he could use these logos for a concept helmet he was making, and it presented me an opportunity to try again.

So far, this is what I've got. I need to finish up some work on the hands and a few other places, but I've been looking at it for too long without getting the critiques of others. That's where you come in. Tear this logo apart so I can put it back together. Ready....GO!

Picture1_zpsd7d05bd4.png

He will be putting it on a black helmet, so I also worked up this version:

Picture3_zps09955204.png

I like the logo it's nicely done. i'd like to see this guy holding a rifle the way it was meant to be held, by that i mean can you make his right hand hold the gun on the trigger. you can just move the rifle forward and do some editing.

can't wait to see the final product.

I think the whole point is that he's a "volunteer" militia soldier and he's grabbing his rifle off the mantle to rush out and join the fight. If he were just shooting the rifle, he could be a hunter, a sniper, a policeman, etc., but his action of grabbing that darn thing by the barrel and running out the door tells me that he's like the southern version of a Minuteman.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I like the logo it's nicely done. i'd like to see this guy holding a rifle the way it was meant to be held, by that i mean can you make his right hand hold the gun on the trigger. you can just move the rifle forward and do some editing.

can't wait to see the final product.

I think the whole point is that he's a "volunteer" militia soldier and he's grabbing his rifle off the mantle to rush out and join the fight. If he were just shooting the rifle, he could be a hunter, a sniper, a policeman, etc., but his action of grabbing that darn thing by the barrel and running out the door tells me that he's like the southern version of a Minuteman.

yeah now i understand. i saw the historic logo of Tennessee and it would suck to change history.

First someone messes with my Pats and now someone messes with my Vols. They both are freakin awesome. I was worried your version from a few years back was your new one because the one on black is one of the best logos I've seen on here in a Lil while. Bravo crosby.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Solid work, Crosby!

I have to say, my favorite part is the state outline on the stock of the gun, really nice touch. I was wondering why the one color version doesn't feature the Tennessee state outline, though; did you just add it afterward to the full color version or is there another reason?

The only part I'd suggest you look at is the area directly below the ear. That thick notch separating the jawline from the ear looks off to me, it seems like you could get away with making it stand out a lot less. But again, this is good quality stuff, keep it up!

2043050vl19qK6.gif

The version on the black helmet is amazing. It pops, but it's still very logo-like (as opposed to an illustration).

The state outline is FANTASTIC. I didn't even see it until it was pointed out, and it's downright genius.

I would love to see this on tshirts, pronto. Great work.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived