Quebec Nordiques Concept (Updated 8/1)

speedy

After my Hamilton Tigers concept, I decided to tackle another defunct (sorta) franchise. I give you the 2013-2014 Quebec Nordiques.

I tried to stay true to the original franchise via the color scheme while also looking to the future. I figured if the Nordiques were going to switch to a wolf head crest before their move, theoretically that's the first place to start right?

Crest-1_zps01716884.png

The Fleur-de-lis returns with the updated colors.

Secondary_zps80b58e20.png

Next up is the new word mark.

Wordmark_zps830b0d4a.png

And the number set.

Numbers_zps198eef4d.png

Now onto the uniforms. I know, they're a little Winnipeg-y. Just turned out that way, depending on the feed back I may take them back to the drawing board despite my love for them.

Home_zps25d97fda.png

Road_zpsa61e6ea1.png

Thanks!

It looks great, but that jersey design (colours, striping, number font) all seem a bit too close to the Jets' current look.

Yeah, I was afraid of that. I just kind of kept adding to the jersey, adding the gray, then the second blue, and then it turned into a step child of the Jets' look. I originally had some fairly plain Nordiques-esque updated jersey, I'll probably get back to that soon enough.

The Nordiques are a team that could probably pull off a double blue look, but it's just too over-used in the league now. You could probably capitalize on the Jets' decision to not put red on the jersey, and just go light blue-red-silver. That would look sharp. Template is also fairly close to the Jets as mentioned above.

You've definitely got something here though. Nice job.

Edit- Just looked at your Hamilton concept for the first time. Wow. Beautiful job.

sig.png

I really like everything you've got here, though I do agree the jerseys end up looking a bit too much like the Jets. You don't necessarily need to change up the colours, but maybe try something completely different with the jerseys.

I think it's good start...Not totally sold on the husky...The thing that I question is how the eyes and surrounding shadows are laid out. They make the husky look older (age wise) and have an almost tired look. The forehead wrinkles go up but the eyes and eyebrows are trying to pull down in anger, so it creates this facial expression battle. If you clean a few things up, it will gain more energy and aggressiveness...

I'd add black to this colour scheme. It's common in traditional Inuit art. Since Tampa Bay dropped black some years back, black and blue would once again be a unique palette in the NHL.

rATMcmK.png

I'd add black to this colour scheme. It's common in traditional Inuit art. Since Tampa Bay dropped black some years back, black and blue would once again be a unique palette in the NHL.

Funny you say that, because while I was doing this update I strongly considered it. Didn't want to get panned from the BFBS crowd though - maybe on the next update.

Anyway, here's an updated wolf as well as new uniforms, modeled after the flag.

NewLogo_zps6e01c735.png

NewHome_zpsc34b1b46.png

NewRoad_zpsb6ccf2fc.png

The updated set is simply gorgeous! It ties in well with the simplicity of the previous Nordiques' jerseys.

I would like to see the silver lightly reflected on the jerseys though, maybe only on the numbers. Just to blend in well with the logo.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I like the look of the new uniforms, but truthfully, I think the logo is a miss.

The first thing I notice is the nose. To me, it doesn't look like a wolf's nose. The way the lines connect, it takes away from the look of a muzzle. Basically, the nose looks like how a human nose is formed, rather than a canine. This seems to throw off the general shape of the head. I think if you fix the muzzle (snout?) to make it look more like a wolf's, it will make the logo look very solid.

I'd also suggest altering the lines of the eyes, just because wolves tend to have a stronger definition on the inside edge of their eyes rather than outside.

I added the picture, because truthfully, I was confusing myself a bit with the eye thing, and figured a picture would be the easiest way to show what I meant. The black fur around the eye, closest to the nose is what I am referring to.

99bf0b44ece7e8221cec86741b2cd754.jpeg

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived