PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aight I guess the post wasn't clear. With SD I'm just looking to change the name while leaving the overall theme the same. With memphis I still want the Rythym name and theme just looking for a new idea on how to approach it.

Maybe go back to Rush? I know you don't want to but you have 128 teams, some teams going to have a name that's been used before. With Memphis, I think you should apply the alternate to the whole jersey. Don't put the logo right on there, it looks really cluttered on the jerseys. Just go with the wordmark on the jerseys, not the logo. The primary also needs to be cleaned up a bit, and then we could see how that looks?

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I like the idea of just the wordmark on the Memphis jerseys. But I also like the logo on the sleeves too. Maybe try that? As for cleaning up the secondary logo, I think it may not look like an M because of the outline. The outline looks good, but yes, it takes away from its representation. I like the idea of having all the jerseys follow the same format as the alternate.

What I'm considering is redoing the word mark abit.keeping cetaing musical elements but more as accents. Whereas now it is almost all notes and that ends up with alot of thin lines. Once I do that I want to tweak the secondary and make it the primary and then come up with a new secondary. Or a new primary. Whichever inspiration hits me first. Now I just can't find it. The whole concept IMO feel oldschool. I'm just wanting to give it a more current feel.

it is a very polarizing concept it's easy to love because of its creativity and use of Music in the font. I think those who don't like it it's because of howinconsistent the line thickness is it makes the whole concept look weak. I have redone the work mark and secondary and I feel I've caught a good balance that most people will appreciate. I've come up with an idea for a new primary I don't have that finished yet but I think it's going to improve the concept even more. it will really tie together a few different musical Memphis ideas

I think I've got an idea for Biloxi. I think they should be called the Storm.

Storm is too generic for Windell. He'll probably use something like Gales or Hurricanes.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Finally here is the update on Memphis. I went round and round with different ideas and this is what I ended up with. The word mark is much more crisp and the the primary has balance and kinda has a Beale St neon sign feel. I think the word mark really helped the jerseys too.

RHYTHM2.jpg

RHYTHM2-1.jpg

Archived