NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These 1:00 games are gonna be fun. It's snowing in Philly, Baltimore, Washington, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Green Bay

It very well could be snowing in Denver this afternoon as well.

And Richmond gets a hell of an Ice storm...

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I can't remember it snowing like this DURING a game here. I've seen worse before a game, and flurries during them, but nothing like this.

What a shame it'd be if the Super Bowl ended up in weather like this. It's going to come down to luck, and it shouldn't be about that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Teams need alt snow uniforms with day glo numbers / trim. Hell, even neon instead of white jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This Eagle game is amazing! FOOTBALL! YEAH!

It's not football at all. It's a crap shoot.

This Eagle game is amazing! FOOTBALL! YEAH!

It's not football at all. It's a crap shoot.

Maybe the actual gameplay is, but as a young Southern Californian who's never seen this much snow in person, I think it's amazing.

With that said, I wouldn't want to see my favorite team in this.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Here's your NY-NJ Super Bowl preview:

Ba-4JiWCQAA380v.png

AWWWWWWWWSOME!

I was at MetField for WrestleMania this past April. Here's the thing: standing outside in cold weather -- especially if it rains -- sucks. More so when you've spent $1,000 ticket plus who knows how much else for airfare, hotel, cabs, food, etc.

It's a categorically stupid idea to hold a Super Bowl in a cold-weather environment like that, and I say that as someone who thinks Seattle could do a fine job hosting a Super Bowl but likely shouldn't. If you're even risking your marquee event look like this, you need to rethink the whole operation.

Best of luck to the NFL, but I wouldn't ever bet on a nice day in February in Northern New Jersey. It makes for uncomfortable attendance and an ugly game.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 fumbles for Detroit so far, it's that type of day in the snow!

And yet, they lead 8-0.

OITGDNFL

Here's your NY-NJ Super Bowl preview:

Ba-4JiWCQAA380v.png

AWWWWWWWWSOME!

I was at MetField for WrestleMania this past April. Here's the thing: standing outside in cold weather -- especially if it rains -- sucks. More so when you've spent $1,000 ticket plus who knows how much else for airfare, hotel, cabs, food, etc.

It's a categorically stupid idea to hold a Super Bowl in a cold-weather environment like that, and I say that as someone who thinks Seattle could do a fine job hosting a Super Bowl but likely shouldn't. If you're even risking your marquee event look like this, you need to rethink the whole operation.

Best of luck to the NFL, but I wouldn't ever bet on a nice day in February in Northern New Jersey. It makes for uncomfortable attendance and an ugly game.

What are you talking about? Like the NFL cares about safety or fan experience in the Super Bowl.

It's all about PROFITS!

So you have to go for 2 and can't even attempt field goals. Yeah, now that's football.

It's a game of who can fumble the fewest snaps, not who's the better team. Sad thing is it will cost one of these teams a playoff berth.

Sad thing is it will cost one of these teams a playoff berth.

Sunny and 80°, someone would still lose. If the weather dictates that you need to be the team that fumbles less, then be the team that fumbles less. Otherwise, we need to build domes for all 32 teams.

Archived