NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Headline: New England completes 4th quarter comeback. Defeats [insert inferior team here].

Happy to know you consider a team like the Denver Broncos inferior to the Patriots :P

They proved it several Sundays ago.

Even without Gronk -- Even if the game is in Denver -- I still have the Pats as the better team if they meet again in January, assuming Manning can even get Denver beyond the Divisional round.

6uXNWAo.png

Headline: New England completes 4th quarter comeback. Defeats [insert inferior team here].

Happy to know you consider a team like the Denver Broncos inferior to the Patriots :P

They proved it several Sundays ago.

Even without Gronk -- Even if the game is in Denver -- I still have the Pats as the better team if they meet again in January, assuming Manning can even get Denver beyond the Divisional round.

They won, at home, by a FG after a lucky break on a punt in overtime in the one weather condition the Broncos will struggle to beat anybody in -- heavy wind. I'm not really sure they proved anything. And it was mostly because Denver had no answer for Gronkowski, particularly in the redzone.

IUe6Hvh.png

Tom Brady has won ten games with a second-string team. The Broncos are loaded, were up three scores and still lost. If I were a Broncos fan, I'd be pretty nervous about this post-season.

The Patriots are my least-favorite team among all of pro sports, but they're also really, really good, even when they're bad. I wouldn't at all be surprised if they end up in and won the Super Bowl. You just can't count them out of any game.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Tom Brady has won ten games with a second-string team. The Broncos are loaded, were up three scores and still lost. If I were a Broncos fan, I'd be pretty nervous about this post-season.

The Patriots are my least-favorite team among all of pro sports, but they're also really, really good, even when they're bad. I wouldn't at all be surprised if they end up in and won the Super Bowl. You just can't count them out of any game.

You're right, Denver's defense is just loaded with talent...

Guys like Paris Lenon, Kayvon Webster, Omar Bolden, Mitch Unrein, Sylvester Williams, and others are just all pros.

Oh yea, I forgot, it's not like Denver has injuries or anything, just the Patriots.

Guys like Paris Lenon, Kayvon Webster, Omar Bolden, Mitch Unrein, Sylvester Williams, and others are just all pros.

Oh yea, I forgot, it's not like Denver has injuries or anything, just the Patriots.

You forgot to mention that their starting RB was held in such high regard last year that the team didn't even bother to dress him last season until injuries made them.

Then there's the Left Tackle, perhaps the second most important position in football, which has seen their All-Pro get injured and replaced by a guy who went undrafted in 2008 and was only noteworthy for being a jumbo TE for the Tebow-led Broncos teams. Their starting center was hurt before the season as well.

In fact, the only place the Broncos are actually loaded is WR and QB... and frankly, I don't remember Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas being held in such high regard before Manning got to Denver.

IUe6Hvh.png

You forgot to mention that their starting RB was held in such high regard last year that the team didn't even bother to dress him last season until injuries made them.

Then there's the Left Tackle, perhaps the second most important position in football, which has seen their All-Pro get injured and replaced by a guy who went undrafted in 2008 and was only noteworthy for being a jumbo TE for the Tebow-led Broncos teams.

It bothers me that nobody seems to acknowledge that more than half of Denver's defensive starters are 2nd stringers or worse.

Archived