NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

Assuming these scores all hold, the Chiefs are handing the Chargers that final playoff spot this afternoon and making no friends in Pittsburgh.

Alex Smith, Jamaal Charles, Dwayne Bowe, Dontari Poe, and Tamba Hali are among the inactives, and ALL of the Chiefs starters are being benched.

I don't know if I totally agree with this from a competitive integrity standpoint, and the Chiefs standpoint for that matter. I mean, the Chiefs are locked in to play the Colts (who beat them up in KC last week). Nothing is changing that, but it just seems like an odd move for the Chiefs.

---

HA! Flacco.

Yep, Dolphins and Ravens loss. All San Diego has to do is win and they are in. Should the Chiefs beat the Chargers, (unlikely) Steelers are in.

Dolphins, Ravens eliminated.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming these scores all hold, the Chiefs are handing the Chargers that final playoff spot this afternoon and making no friends in Pittsburgh.

Alex Smith, Jamaal Charles, Dwayne Bowe, Dontari Poe, and Tamba Hali are among the inactives, and ALL of the Chiefs starters are being benched.

I don't know if I totally agree with this from a competitive integrity standpoint, and the Chiefs standpoint for that matter. I mean, the Chiefs are locked in to play the Colts (who beat them up in KC last week). Nothing is changing that, but it just seems like an odd move for the Chiefs.

---

HA! Flacco.

There will be something so incredibly hilarious about this if the Kansas City B-team wins that game now.

San Diego needed Baltimore and Miami to lose their last two games to even have a chance. Somehow, that has happened. Never thought, going into Week 15, that San Diego would be in a position to hold all the cards. Time for them to go and get it.

Big credit to the Steelers for managing to finish at 8-8 despite their rough start to the season. They will at least be able to hold their heads high.

spacer.png

I read a few things on Twitter this morning saying that the Lions front office is "on the fence" about keeping Schwartz. You've got to be :censored:ting me. 1 season over .500 (which I can admit was a bit of a lucky run), and. 19-44 record outside of that.

I just read a Rappoport article that said the front office might go too, as the coaches and them haven't been communicating, things like the FO signs players and the coaches refuse to use them. I like Mayhew around the draft, but I can't say I'd totally miss him either. The feeling of "yet another season wasted" is starting to creep back over the team and fans, so I hope Ford (apparently Jr. is calling the shots on this, thank god) follows through with it. Too much talent being wasted right now...

Dude, they kept Millen for what, 8 years?

That was Ford Sr., which is why I'm hopeful that Jr. will make the call before it's too late. Junior was on record as wanting Millen gone way before Senior finally pulled the trigger -- I think he's a little less loyal (thank god).

6-3 and on top of the division 7 weeks ago. 7-9 finish. No excuse this year, especially since we avoided injury all year. Just looked dead in the water down the stretch. Time for Schwartzy to go.

*&$(*)*)*()*(&%$#&^#*&%& Falcons! The ONE TIME I need them to win a game they blow it. What a perfect ending too. They were driving well for a potential game-winning FG when the Panthers showed blitz. Ryan steps up to adjust the protection and the center snaps the ball right past him. The Falcons recovered but that was that.

Oh well. The best I can hope for is for Dallas to win and the Saints to end up playing them. I like their chances in Jerrah-world a lot better than outside in Philly, Chicago or Green Bay.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

---

HA! Flacco.

There will be something so incredibly hilarious about this if the Kansas City B-team wins that game now.

San Diego needed Baltimore and Miami to lose their last two games to even have a chance. Somehow, that has happened. Never thought, going into Week 15, that San Diego would be in a position to hold all the cards. Time for them to go and get it.

Big credit to the Steelers for managing to finish at 8-8 despite their rough start to the season. They will at least be able to hold their heads high.

Here's how most people on the CCSLC would react if Pittsburgh gets in:

20120914120348!Exploding-head.gif

Holy crap that was tense, but still...

Never would have expected to end up as division champions and guaranteed a play off bye at the start of the season, also for a team that was supposedly unable to win close games that's a hell of a lot of one score games won this season.

Keed Pounding.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Indeed Kinger...

Now how about that ELITE Joey Flacco?

San Diego's one win away from getting a playoff spot. I went into the season with zero expectations. To even be in this position going into the final game has been a hell of a ride. Either way watch out. The Chargers will be a team to watch out for next year.

Here's how most people on the CCSLC would react if Pittsburgh gets in:

20120914120348!Exploding-head.gif

Calm down, chief.

Scoreboard for games that don't matter.............

Texans lose 14 straight. by falling to the Titans 16-10

Lions lose the final game at the Metrodome 14-13. Congrats Vikings!

Giants sweep the Redskins with a 20-6 victory. This could've been the only time I picked the G-Men.

Chargers tie KC at 7, Patriots 3-0, I hope Seattle loses so they don't get embarrassed at home in the second round!

20 minutes into the late games and NFL.com's scoreboard doesn't have info for any of them. It's like they haven't started.

Oh good, it's not just me. Frustrating.

Frustrating indeed. It's working now but the updates are 2 to 3 minutes behind in game time. Switched over to SI.

And the Cardinals seem bent on proving they do NOT deserve it more than New Orleans. At least so far. Probably just jinxed the Saints.

And Rodgers just got crushed.

Brees so far (with 8:00 2:30 left in the 2nd qtr): 15 of 18 for 241 yds and 3 TD. 17 of 21 for 321 yds and 4 TD. Yeah, he plays better at home.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived