Music Logo

JCRGraphix

The crest is stolen from the AIK sports club and features annoying slang, but other than that it's a glorious piece of work.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm definitely diversifying my portfolio! I mostly do sports design, but I'm always up for a challenge! As for the AIK, that's actually on purpose. He wanted a traditional looking crest, and that's the one he wanted to go off of.

While it's ok for an overall design, there's too much text going on for it to be a logo.

What's the name of the group, is it "Flow Tha Money" or "Junior Hustle Music"? There should be some hierarchy, but everything is fighting for dominance. You've also given "Est 2006" as much importance as everything else.

The text in the middle is muddy as it is, shrunk down you'd never read it cleanly.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

When you say music group, what exactly do you mean? Is this a rap group? a hip hop band? a rock band? a record company?

Depending on what it is, that will change the direction that this logo needs to go in.

But right now, its very muddled and busy. Simplify things. I'd start by getting rid of any word or phrase that is not the group's name. You don't need slogans or catch phrases in the logo. And est. 2006 is unnecessary.

jNTsTyQ.png

I just can't get past the fact that this is a direct ripoff of AIK:

AIK-Stockholm.png

I feel like this happens a lot with your concepts. Be up front about where you're getting the majority of the work from if you want to "borrow" things (rather than waiting for someone to call you on it before coming clean). You recolored the AIK shield, erased some pieces, and slapped a font on it. Even if your client requests "something like this", you should never directly copy the inspiration. Just seems lazy and uninspired to me, and it's not really "diversifying your portfolio" as much as it is creating a parody. You'll be much happier with something original that fits what it is intended for.

Anyway, it's way too busy right now for the purpose it is serving, as others have already stated.

Somebody revitalize the "Beautiful Inspiration for design" thread so that JCR can come up with a more colorful variety of stuff to leech off of. Perhaps mix enough ideas and it wouldn't quite be considered plagiarism.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I sincerely hope he's a rapper. Or hip-hop. Or whatever the newfangled term is for wanna-be gangsters yelling words at people is.

This isn't your fault, but I really hate how the entire culture of rap is all about chasing dollar bills and women. It's utterly childish and their music is largely banal.

#soapbox_done

Your design looks solid, but as others have pointed out it's a direct rip off of AIK. If your cousin starts using this logo professionally, he'll need to be a really good rapper because he's gonna need a lot of those dollar bills to pay AIK's inevitable lawsuit.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived