The Official MLB Random Year Expansion! *Texas Rangers and POLL ADDED*

1stRound DraftPick

Random Expansion Poll  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DETROIT TIGERS (since 2002)

Division: American League East

Colors: Dark Navy, Orange, White

Ballpark: Comerica Park

Era: Wildcard Era

...only once in the history of MLB has their been a sneering animal as a primary, and that was the 2004 Blue Jays logo (Used bold and red so that other members can see this lol)......However, I will be doing it for ONE team and one team only. Which team? Time will tell.

Well, this is that team. Introducing the menacing Detroit Tigers logo, complete with an exceptional set of jerseys that Lions fans would be proud of. The navy blue is darker than its current iteration, looking almost black at first glance. The primary hats feature the Tiger logo, while the alternate "D" hats have an orange brim. Alternate road features a navy-on-navy motif that may be unpopular to some, but gorgeous to others.

DetroitTigers2002_zps27b73423.png

I like the look, but the logo on the shoulders looks kinda weird. It doesn't really look good, almost looks like a square for some reason lol.

I like the look, but the logo on the shoulders looks kinda weird. It doesn't really look good, almost looks like a square for some reason lol.

Hmm...I don't see it lol. It just looks like the Tiger logo to me.

I'd go with a script across the chest on both jerseys, and lighten up the blue. Also, put the home sleeve striping on the away too.

Yeah I had noticed that the blue was very dark, so I'll edit it. I will also add the striping to the roads as well. But as for the script, I was going to have it across the chest, but it just looked to similar to their current digs. Thanks for the feedback.

Great design...too bad it would never get aproved by the league in 2011

i feel this is your first hit and miss. the logo is fine, but the jersey is not at all what i expected when i read 2011. its boring and generic

Whoa...you guys have me confused lol. More feedback on Cleveland is needed.

EDIT:

I totally agree ^^^ I was expecting more from the Indians. A better font, different colors. Just doesn't scream 2000s to me at all.

Just what I needed. I will be updating it. Hope you guys like the update!!

I think you should completely overhaul Cleveland and give them a new name. It would definitely not be approved today. I like the swinging king logo for Kansas City but the Royals script needs to be on the home uniform.

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

I totally agree ^^^ I was expecting more from the Indians. A better font, different colors. Just doesn't scream 2000s to me at all.

Yeah it doesn't scream 2000's but it does say 2010's which has become the faux retro era. Although the logo seems way too detailed(as well as the tigers logo), everything else fits the era perfectly

Cleveland Indians have been updated. Looking for feedback.

CLEVELAND INDIANS (since 2011)

Division: American League Central

Colors: Red, Black, White

Ballpark: Progressive Field

Era: Wildcard Era

We continue in the Junior Circuit with the Cleveland Indians. In this modern day, trying to introduce Chief Wahoo and his very red skin would not go over well...at all!! Here, we use a more modern and conservative logo, which would seem like more of a tribute to Native Americans, rather than a parody. After 2010, sports teams tend to go for a more conservative, clean look to their jerseys, as well as a retro feel. The Alternate Black jersey can be worn on Friday night home games, or randomly on the road. The Alternate Red is worn on Saturday home games. I can just see Ubaldo Jimenez pitching in dat Alternate red!!

ClevelandIndians2011_zpsd67f8e0d.png

Old Version:

OldIndians_zps93e6db8a.png

Logo used not-for-profit from Logos.co. Designed by Chromaco. Edited by FirstRound DraftPick.

I think you should completely overhaul Cleveland and give them a new name. It would definitely not be approved today. I like the swinging king logo for Kansas City but the Royals script needs to be on the home uniform.

To be honest, most franchises would get a complete overall. In this day and age, names like Indians, Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays...they wouldn't make the cut. As for the Royals, I wanted to shake it up. With the script, it looks too similar to the alternates they wore in the 50s. I was thinking about doing a completely different script, but I just stuck with the 'R'. Thanks for the feedback.

Archived