I've always wanted to see a dark brown/light teal color scheme in sports. I wonder if it would work with the Kraken?

Hi Seattlery. I actually tried that scheme on a previous Seattle Sea Lions thread, and it looked pretty good.

Since I added the lime green, I think I'll stick with the current palette. Thanks S.

I just met you, and this is crazy, I like your logo, so loan it maybe?

Sure Carly Rae.

OMG. How did I miss BeaverJam!?

Brilliant.

That Jam thing just slid right by you eh, GP?

Awesome designs! I love it!

Beavers is fantastic, and I enjoyed seeing the progression of the design. I think that the final one you came out with that includes green/brown/yellow is perfect.

The Highlanders one is great too! I particularly love the navy blue jersey. I would like to see both of these identities in the NHL!

Nordiques is nice, but it's pretty close to their old jerseys (but better). I prefer the alt logo which is just a fleur de lis. I think if they come back I would like to see a variation of that as the main logo.

I am not sold on the Kraken, BUT it has grown on me. I didn't like the first cartoony kraken at all, but the trident logos are much better.

Thanks keldrin.

this whole thread is just ridiculous. All of these designs are done extremely well and I would love to see these actually in existence. love the Kraken merch

Thanks bwalker texas ranger. The Kraken stuff was fun.

I do like the colour scheme of the kraken jersey, and the identity (hats and whatnot). Personally, I think the one thing that I don't like about the logo is the SEATTLE text on the tentacle. I think without that it would look a lot better.

I am not trying to take anything away from the designer, these are all excellent designs. I am just providing my personal opinion on how I think it could be better. My opinion may be completely different from 99% of the other people on here though.

I want to reiterate though that I am not trying to bash these designs. The beavers and highlanders ones in particular are fantastic, (better than many real NHL clubs IMO).

keldrin...no problem. It's good to hear all opinions good or bad, and I knew that the Kraken concept would be a love it or hate it kind of thing.

HOLY SHIZNIT how did I not see this thread until today? I love all these concepts, and as someone currently living in Seattle, I'd LOVE to see the Kraken IRL. Your concepts on the logos, unis, and the merch totally fit this city. If these guys existed, they'd easily be my second favorite team after the LA Kings - I don't care that they'd be rivals, I love this nautical theme very much. I personally love the awkward "SEATTLE" text as the nod to the old Metros "S". I even love the Stupid Hat. The colors remind me of the 90s Sonics colors, but the lime green helps tie it to the Seahawks and the Sounders. Great job!

And those Beavers - that's one of the best concept logos I've seen on this entire forum. Great job!

The Beevs are my fave too, thaipod. Thank you.

Not a fan of the Kraken - name or logo.

That's fine...why not?

Not a fan of the Kraken - name or logo.

I think you're alone on that... Most of us have been in love with it for months now.

Actually he's not alone in that opinion, but he is in the minority it seems. Thanks ujju2.

First of all, I'm very thankful to the Creamers for inaugurating this thread into the Hall of Fame.

I'm very appreciative of that honour. Thank you.

The renewed interest in this thread reminded me that I still had some loose ends to tie up. (I was side-tracked by Nike's pathetic effort on the Olympic uniforms...)

So here goes some new stuff...

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've made a decision on the Beev's unis.

The 4th official colour of brown, made it kinda awkward when designing up merchandise.

Also...the combo of Green, Yellow-Gold and White, is a pretty classic combo that works very well.

However, with all the love that the brown got, I've chosen to include a "Beaver Brown" alt set for various ocassions...

4-44.jpg

When I did up the single coloured Nords logo, I realized that I had an opportunity to insert the letter "Q" (for Quebec), by joining only the southeast pointer to the circular compass shape...

4-103.jpg

The result is a pretty clean secondary to compliment the classic primary...

4-104.jpg

Here's how it looks on the Nords' alt...

4-106.jpg

Mascots

I promised earlier, a "Battle of the Mascots" to end this thread up, and I'm gonna deliver.

As a teaser...here's one of the Kraken entries...

billy.jpg

The Kraken will have 2 mascots...the smaller, athletic "Billy the Squid", and the large, mostly-immobile, "photo-op" giant "Kraken".

Rather than the usual "plush-toy" look of most mascots, Billy and the Kraken will have a slimy-looking, vinyl exteriors.

The Final Battle should start in a week or two (I'm a little strapped for time).

Thanks.

BTW...These two videos were made for some other threads, but they apply here too. If you haven't seen 'em, check 'm out.

Halifax Highlanders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oivlQCceg0U

Ontario Beavers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-s-A5gaaa4

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Love what you did with the compass rose idea for the Nordiques. i like it best in monochrome.

Thanks sportsherald...fantastic avatar BTW. It definitely says "sportsherald". Nice bit of heraldic work.

I know I'm bumping this up from way-y-y back, but there was a bit of unfinished business re: the Nordiques concept,

and with all the new expansion talk, I thought I'd resolve it now.

I tweaked the classic Nords logo and created a new "compass-fleur-de-lis-Q" secondary.

The new logo needed a bit more white in it, so I did that...

4-207.jpg

I also played with the idea of the Nords, (for merchandising reasons), creating various versions of the "n" logo.

I did an "inukshuk" version a while back, and also created an "Inuit-art" style polar bear "n",

along with a couple of word-marks using the classic "n", and the new "Q"...

4-208.jpg

...and finally, I wasn't real happy with the uni's that I developed.

I think that the Nords should go primarily blue, but with the glut of blue unis in the NHL, they need to go with a light or powder blue to set them apart.

The problem is that light blue pants won't work really well (they're O.K. for a one game event, but light coloured pants get lookin' "real dirty, real fast").

For that reason I brought a navy secondary colour into the palette...

4-209.jpg

The navy blue breezers look out of place, especially with the white sweaters and socks where there's lots of powder blue but very little blue.

I like the Inuit version of the igloo. Clever.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The navy blue breezers look out of place, especially with the white sweaters and socks where there's lots of powder blue but very little blue.

I like the Inuit version of the igloo. Clever.

Thanks admiral.

I thought I'd try "classic-Philly-Flyers" styling for the Nords.

The classic Flyers unis put black in the pants, numbers, logo, (and helmet) while placing no black in the striping patterns.

It has the effect of making the above-mentioned logo and number elements "POP" while muting the striping patterns.

I like the idea of a light or powder blue Nords sweaters, but light-coloured pants...man they get looking bad after a bit of usage.

I don't know...maybe a different blue?...(not navy?)

Archived