Heh, wife says she would totally wear the pink hoody.

Think the release the Kraken logo would look better with a different color background, something more dark and stormy... Maybe a grey, navy or some sort of purple?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think the release the Kraken logo would look better with a different color background, something more dark and stormy... Maybe a grey, navy or some sort of purple?

The "happy" blue sky has to go, ES.

Kraken Novelty Stuff

The nice thing about the Kraken identity is that it's pretty vague. The monster can look like anything, really, and so there's a lot of creative freedom.

The lime green colour, the big saucer eyes, tentacles, sharp teeth, fins, warts, slime, etc., are all fun icons that can come in pretty handy, especially in the novelty dep't.

Here's a Kraken spin on Foam Fingers, Stupid Hats, and Inflatable Thunderwhackers...

4-50.jpg

Stupid hat!

I love it.

I wouldn't wear it, but I love the idea.

Thanks stampman...

I'm not sure that I'd wear it either.

...Maybe after a few wobbly-pops.

Kraken Kids Stuff

I think that the younger folk would love the Kraken concept. (which of course is great for merchandise sales)

4-51.jpg

The tentacle tuque is great. You should make an adult one with bigger tentacles.

Agreed... Tentacle Dreads-toque? I love that Billy the Squid is in grunge rocker clothes... awesome! :D

Really like all the novelty and kids stuff, solid designs all around Chewbarky!

...Only tweaks I've been thinking about are on the "SEATTLE" wordmark shirts; wordmark looks good on Billy in the drawing but I wonder if the S shape should be a little stronger? I feel on the shirt shown along with the others the wordmark doesn't look as distinctly S-like by itself...could be done with a simple S shaped border outline... or having the letters more similar in spacing to the original Metropolitan S... I'm not certain about that but thought I'd see what you thought. :oops:

As I've read through and caught up on this thread the Kraken thing has really grown on me, not sure I like it better than Metropolitans yet but it's the only other name concept I've seen that even comes close to that throwback.

Love the merch stuff as well, some really great looks.

One suggestion I'd have for Seattle is to take the throwback alt jersey as a primary home and your current home to an alt with a different logo. Specifically I think you take your "Release the Kraken" logo and replace "Release" with Seattle, drop the the and you've got an alt logo.

For the Beavers I love the B logo and can't really complain about it showing up on all four jerseys but I also like the little skating beaver with the stick and think he deserves a spot on an alt. With the inclusion of the brown set I think there's actually a color that he'd look good on.

Not sure if people would buy something called a "stupid krakenhead hat" but what else would it be called?

Sparky, I think you have set the bar on concept making by taking it past the logo and uniform designs, but to merchandise as well, even kids' stuff!

I do believe that this is the first thread in CCSLC in which someone stole a baby to make a concept [/sarcasm]

As I've mentioned before with a proposed Concept Goldmine, I would add pcgd's American League, GotPixel's NFL Expansion: Project 40, Windell918's Dodgeball Coalition, and this thread, even though it's in the early stages. I would put this in because it you took that next step and made things that are often overlooked. Bravo, sparky. Consider my hat tipped. :woot:

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Guest darkpiranha

Not sure if people would buy something called a "stupid krakenhead hat" but what else would it be called?

I think you bite the bullet and just say "I'm a Krakhead" and put it on the hat.

Given that new stupid law passed by Quebec, I hope they never get another team. Not until they stop being such freaking racists.

The one about religious symbols? I don't think it's stupid at all.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Given that new stupid law passed by Quebec, I hope they never get another team. Not until they stop being such freaking racists.

That's politics, my friend. Politics and sports are two separate things, and should stay separate. Period.

VHj90kn.png

Billy The Squid is just genius!

Thanks Alex. He appears later in the upcoming "Battle of the Mascots".

...And this time it is an actual battle.

The tentacle tuque is great. You should make an adult one with bigger tentacles.

That certainly is a possibility F...

Although I imagine on a bigger model of this knit toque, you would need some sort of wire support worked in.

Agreed... Tentacle Dreads-toque? I love that Billy the Squid is in grunge rocker clothes... awesome! :D

Really like all the novelty and kids stuff, solid designs all around Chewbarky!

...Only tweaks I've been thinking about are on the "SEATTLE" wordmark shirts; wordmark looks good on Billy in the drawing but I wonder if the S shape should be a little stronger? I feel on the shirt shown along with the others the wordmark doesn't look as distinctly S-like by itself...could be done with a simple S shaped border outline... or having the letters more similar in spacing to the original Metropolitan S... I'm not certain about that but thought I'd see what you thought. :oops:

Hi ES. Yeah, just had to go grunge with Billy.

The Seattle-curvy-S word mark thing is almost like an inside joke. If you're aware of the old Mets team, you'll get it and appreciate it, so I just wanted to go with the random "S" letters and nothing else.

...But I agree with you that it needs a little tweaking. I think that I'll try your spacing suggestion.

Thanks E.

As I've read through and caught up on this thread the Kraken thing has really grown on me, not sure I like it better than Metropolitans yet but it's the only other name concept I've seen that even comes close to that throwback.

Love the merch stuff as well, some really great looks.

One suggestion I'd have for Seattle is to take the throwback alt jersey as a primary home and your current home to an alt with a different logo. Specifically I think you take your "Release the Kraken" logo and replace "Release" with Seattle, drop the the and you've got an alt logo.

For the Beavers I love the B logo and can't really complain about it showing up on all four jerseys but I also like the little skating beaver with the stick and think he deserves a spot on an alt. With the inclusion of the brown set I think there's actually a color that he'd look good on.

Thanks abqryan. I'm gonna try both your suggestions.

Sparky, I think you have set the bar on concept making by taking it past the logo and uniform designs, but to merchandise as well, even kids' stuff!

I do believe that this is the first thread in CCSLC in which someone stole a baby to make a concept [/sarcasm]

As I've mentioned before with a proposed Concept Goldmine, I would add pcgd's American League, GotPixel's NFL Expansion: Project 40, Windell918's Dodgeball Coalition, and this thread, even though it's in the early stages. I would put this in because it you took that next step and made things that are often overlooked. Bravo, sparky. Consider my hat tipped. :woot:

Appreciate the feedback mr.nascar, and I gave the baby back later that day.

I think you bite the bullet and just say "I'm a Krakhead" and put it on the hat.

Hi darkp. I like that almost as much as the "Big Dam Road Show".

Loving the Merchandise Sparky! Can't wait to see some for the Beavers, maybe a beaver-tail pattern T-shirt?

Thanks SuperLeafsFan. Merchandise of the 3 teams to come after I'm done with the Kraken.

• 3 weeks later...

O.K....Some merchandise for all 4 teams, then we'll finish it off with an epic "Battle of the 4 Teams' Mascots".

One Colour Logo Applications

Logos need to look good in a 1 colour application, especially for merchandise.

All 4 logos swing to the 1 colour version for the following examples.

For the Nords, I'm using the secondary logo. (We already know how their primary looks on stuff.)

4-52.jpg

4-50-1.jpg

4-51-1.jpg

Archived