The brown jersey looks the best atm. I think if the Green jersey had the reverse of it, ie. brown stripes and gold and the rest Green it would look a little better.The brown pants possibly still work with it, but maybe green gloves? I dunno on that one... But I would recommend flipping the colors on the roads too, with brown and gold stripes and green sleeves. Feel like the primary green color works better as the background on the Beaver logo as well as opposed to the brown too.

The Alt with its less stripes I think works better in just two colors, either the green and gold, or the brown and gold... Though with the brown 4th, maybe a green and gold alt is a good way to go?

...definately love the brown with the green and gold striping though. Even better than the original pure green and gold Beavers set! :o

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Son of a... Well, crap. Back in March/April when I was still working, I was thinking up a concept for a Seattle hockey team (the thought spurred by hearing discussion of the Seattle Reign's recently released logo), and came upon the name Seattle Titans. I would draw little drawings of my thoughts if I had a moment. The logo I'd come up with was an S interlocked with a trident that would form the T, essentially the same as your Seattle trident logo, albeit the S was the more important representation of the identity on yours and the trident the more important on mine. I suppose great minds do think alike.

Here's a post-it I still have on my desk from back when I was working, featuring the design and the first version.

1zqbxc1.jpg

C'est la vie.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just one more option before moving on to the Mascots 'n Merchandise...

Then, I think I'll use the old Red Green strategy of "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati". (When all else fails, play dead)

I'll let the Beavers colour options question alone to just 'breathe' for a while, before making a final decision.

In this option, I've put just a little brown with the green, and just a little green with the brown.

(Brown and yellow striping on the green, and green and yellow striping on the brown)

I've kept the 2-colour green and gold alt. I like it the best of the alts.

Again, thanks to all for the feedback.

4-41.jpg

That green (and white) jersey hits the nail right on the head. The color distribution looks perfect. I've got nothing more to say, very nice work.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Here's some brown 'n green for ya...

4-40.jpg

Then, I think I'll use the old Red Green strategy of "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati". (When all else fails, play dead)

I'll let the Beavers colour options question alone to just 'breathe' for a while, before making a final decision.

In this option, I've put just a little brown with the green, and just a little green with the brown.

(Brown and yellow striping on the green, and green and yellow striping on the brown)

4-41.jpg

That green (and white) jersey hits the nail right on the head. The color distribution looks perfect. I've got nothing more to say, very nice work.

Alt looks perfect! I agree with Lafarge, the road looks really good. Some little tweak suggestions if you aren't sick of them yet. ;):P

Honestly you could leave the set as is and it would look pretty sweet. I would say I still prefer the balance of colors on the brown with the first set quoted. I feel the thick green stripe surrounded by the green and gold stripes really pops, moreso than the latest one. That thick stripe in between the thin stripes on the home green and away set would look fantastic imo. Also think the brown gloves with the brown jersey work better.

Only other tweak I would make is to match the primary and secondary logo colors on the road like you have with the green home... I think the green logo on white looks à lil better than the brown... Keep the logos as is on the home green though, that looks great!

Anyways, love your designs, also love how clean and professionnal everything looks. What programmes do you use currently if I may ask? Looking forward to more fun stuff! Great work as usual, Chewbarky! :D

If all else fails just use the Handyman's secret weapon? >_>

Thanks Lafarge.

Perfect! Amazing work!

Much Appreciated, Ant.

That away with the green and brown is perfect.

Yeah darkp. The minimal brown on the homes and aways seem to be the way to go, although the green-only H & A's are pretty nice, too. I've decided though that all Beaver logos will have the green beaver inside the "B". I'm gonna go with the brown alt with the green and yellow striping.

Here's some brown 'n green for ya...

4-40.jpg

4-41.jpg

Alt looks perfect! I agree with Lafarge, the road looks really good. Some little tweak suggestions if you aren't sick of them yet. ;):P

Honestly you could leave the set as is and it would look pretty sweet. I would say I still prefer the balance of colors on the brown with the first set quoted. I feel the thick green stripe surrounded by the green and gold stripes really pops, moreso than the latest one. That thick stripe in between the thin stripes on the home green and away set would look fantastic imo. Also think the brown gloves with the brown jersey work better.

Only other tweak I would make is to match the primary and secondary logo colors on the road like you have with the green home... I think the green logo on white looks à lil better than the brown... Keep the logos as is on the home green though, that looks great!

Anyways, love your designs, also love how clean and professionnal everything looks. What programmes do you use currently if I may ask? Looking forward to more fun stuff! Great work as usual, Chewbarky! :D

If all else fails just use the Handyman's secret weapon? >_>

I'm in agreement with most of the above ES.

I've got an old Mac G4, (running OS 9), that was given to me in exchange for some drywall work.

...And some of it is actually held together with the "Handyman's secret weapon".

It contained some ancient Photoshop, Illustrator and Paint programs.

I taught myself the above programs, acquired an old, but large, drawing tablet (again in exchange for some drywall work), and I was on my way.

The old stuff works O.K. (I'm not online with that computer, so I'm forever transferring files between my graphics machine and the kids' computer)

This is a hobby right now, but If I ever get into this as an occupation (which I'd love to do), I'll definitely have to upgrade.

Thanks ES.

Kraken Add'l Logos & Merchandise

We're coming up to the categories of Merchandise and Mascots, where I think that the 'Kraken' concept can do some serious

'Metropolitans-Totems-Emeralds-Thunderbirds & Whatever-other-Seattle-names-are-out-there' butt-kicking.

The other names are nice, but they just don't have that edge that 'Kraken' does.

Anyway, the "tentacles and trident" are pretty handy elements for use in the creation of peripheral and merchandising logos.

Here's a few examples of how they could be used...

4-42.jpg

The googily-eyed kraken logo was too juvenile for the main logo set but would be great for any stuff/applications for the young Kraken fans.

Someone mentioned earlier that the logo had a bit of a "Steampunk" feel to it, which could be a fitting style for some Kraken stuff.

I did up a Krakenation logo with a hint of Steampunk style.

Also, I thought, with the nautical theme, that I could incorporate a "Sailor Jerry tattoo" feel to some logos, so I applied that style to a KrakenKrew logo.

4-43.jpg

I've put these designs on the first T-shirts to be featured in the newly-opened "The 4 New* NHL Teams That SHOULD Be... Store".

4-45.jpg

...much more to come.

I'm in agreement with most of the above ES.

I've got an old Mac G4, (running OS 9), that was given to me in exchange for some drywall work.

...And some of it is actually held together with the "Handyman's secret weapon".

It contained some ancient Photoshop, Illustrator and Paint programs.

I taught myself the above programs, acquired an old, but large, drawing tablet (again in exchange for some drywall work), and I was on my way.

The old stuff works O.K. (I'm not online with that computer, so I'm forever transferring files between my graphics machine and the kids' computer)

This is a hobby right now, but If I ever get into this as an occupation (which I'd love to do), I'll definitely have to upgrade.

Thanks ES.

Cool, always glad when my suggestions are helpful!

Its pretty amazing really what Duct Tape can do. I still remember tons of the bits he had using Duct Tape for all sorts of repairs and inventions. :)

Myth Busters had an awesome episode where they utilized duct tape and items on a deserted island to survive, as well. Glad to hear it is helping make all this awesome stuff too! :D

I'll have to try learning Photoshop/Paintshop sometime... just been so used to Paint from Highschool hobby graphic works back in the day. For whatever the opinion of another hobbyist is worth, it certainly looks like you've got the chops to go professional with this Chewbarky. (Though yeah, sometimes the thought of the uncertainty of a professional artist's life scares me, with having a little one as well. :oops: )

Kraken Add'l Logos & Merchandise

We're coming up to the categories of Merchandise and Mascots, where I think that the 'Kraken' concept can do some serious

'Metropolitans-Totems-Emeralds-Thunderbirds & Whatever-other-Seattle-names-are-out-there' butt-kicking.

The other names are nice, but they just don't have that edge that 'Kraken' does.

Anyway, the "tentacles and trident" are pretty handy elements for use in the creation of peripheral and merchandising logos.

Here's a few examples of how they could be used...

4-42.jpg

The googily-eyed kraken logo was too juvenile for the main logo set but would be great for any stuff/applications for the young Kraken fans.

Someone mentioned earlier that the logo had a bit of a "Steampunk" feel to it, which could be a fitting style for some Kraken stuff.

I did up a Krakenation logo with a hint of Steampunk style.

Also, I thought, with the nautical theme, that I could incorporate a "Sailor Jerry tattoo" feel to some logos, so I applied that style to a KrakenKrew logo.

4-43.jpg

I've put these designs on the first T-shirts to be featured in the newly-opened "The 4 New* NHL Teams That SHOULD Be... Store".

4-45.jpg

...much more to come.

Love all of it, showed the merch stuff to the wife, and she really liked the heart logo. (Hope you don't mind me doing some female marketing testing already for ya? :upside: )

As for myself, the Krakenation logo is probably my favorite design out of all these. I think it looks best angled a bit to the left as it is in the first shirt design. For whatever reason that looks better to me than the straight up and down initial graphic... whereas I feel perhaps the KrakenKrew design would look better upright rather than the angled version on the shirts atm... I'm not completely sure on that, but it might be interesting to see an upright version side by side with the current shirt to compare them.

The Krakenkids design is pretty perfect... would be interesting to see a Mascot based off of that design itself.

Great stuff as usual. Love seeing what you come up with!

Love this identity so much. Perfectly captures the nautical theme in a fresh way never done before.

Great stuff as usual. Love seeing what you come up with!

The Kraken stuff is awesome

Last summer I took a cruise leaving from Seattle. Had I known the Kraken was near by I would have never embarked. These are fantastic. You've done a great job of really branding your concepts.

Fear the Kraken, Windell !

Thanks to all for the feedback.

As I'm doing these, I'm realizing what a fun theme the "Kraken" really is. The creative possibilities are endless.

Have you ever noticed that when someone talks about, to, or amongst krakens, they break out their pirate voice, as in "A-R-R-G-H Kraken"?

Why is that?

Anyway, there are many Kraken 'sayings' that can be plastered on the front or back of a "T", such as...

"Fear the Kraken", "Beware the Kraken", "Kraken Me Bacon", and of course, "Release the Kraken"...

4-46.jpg

In fact, "Release the Kraken!" deserves a logo on its own, IMO...

4-47.jpg

4-48.jpg

Awesome. I'm pumped to see Billy the Squid!

Billy will be here soon, jmoe.

Very, very creative stuff man. Top notch, just awesome work.

I've probably mentioned this previously, but I especially love how you incorporated the old Metropolitans 'S' into the logo.

Thanks tlph. That old Metropolitans "S" is a thing of beauty isn't it?

No matter what the new Seattle team is called, that "S" should be part of the logo package somehow.

I've incorporated just the letters S-E-A-T-T-L-E into one of the hoodies.

Love all of it, showed the merch stuff to the wife, and she really liked the heart logo.

ES, It's good to hear what "clicks" with people.

With that info in mind, I did up a ladies' hoody...

4-49.jpg

YES YES YES

The release the Kraken stuff is sweet, but the logo isn't rage-y enough

I hear ya FGM. It could be a little more "furious".

I wonder if the kraken should be a little bigger in ratio to the circle...more of him "bustin' out.

I'll work on it.

Archived