sorry forgot my main point...would love to see what you could do with a totems concept if you got the time chewbarky.

Thanks Totems. I actually did a native-theme Seattle Sea Lions concept last year.

Considering the passion that folks are showing for the Totems, I might try a Totems concept after this thread's over.

Sounds good and I remember your Sea Lions concept.....twas good work.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm, I wonder what it'd be like to have the Highlanders in town. I have to admit, I like the localization of the concept for the Highlanders but don't go too over the top. I mean we like the heritage of the area and all but for myself and quite a few others, it's all overplayed. Good job on the logo but there's something about the uniforms that seems off to me.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

So, this is all pretty spectacular. I love all the entrance ideas, and especially like the Nordukshuk.

Also, that Brown/Yellow Beavers scheme is very, very nice. To me, Brown and Yellow is one of the most underrated color schemes in sports and I wish it were used more. With that being said, I also loved the green and yellow. What about possibly combining the color schemes together? It could be a killer scheme while keeping the "woodsy" feel to it. Just a thought.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Brown is very, very underused in sports in general and as long as used right could be very effective.

I agree 100%, tlph.

These are great. I'd love to see the Beavers skate out of a giant beaver dam.

Thanks nas. I'm gonna try the dam thing. Good idea.
Maybe somehow if the Kraken rose out of the ice and the players came out of its mouth or tentacles without the space needle? 'RELEASE THE KRAKENS!'

I guess, if I were in Seattle I know we have the space needle... Do I need to be reminded we have it? I could see the space needle and current entrance looking à little better if it were thicker and more entrance like at the base and perhaps the tentacles went around it like the S shape from the logo.

Good stuff again ES13. I'm gonna revisit the Kraken entrance later on. It's O.K., but I think that it's got the potential to be the best of the bunch.

I think that "Nordukshuk" would actually make a good basis for an alt logo. I've been experimenting myself with how to integrate French-Canadian and Inuit elements for a Nordiques concept, and what you have would be a great step in that direction.

I like your thinking on this Whittier...combining French-Canadian and Inuit elements. Feel free to use the Nordukshuk idea.

Hm, I wonder what it'd be like to have the Highlanders in town. I have to admit, I like the localization of the concept for the Highlanders but don't go too over the top. I mean we like the heritage of the area and all but for myself and quite a few others, it's all overplayed. Good job on the logo but there's something about the uniforms that seems off to me.

It's great to hear from a Nova Scotian on the Highlanders concept. Thanks Generic.

I've come up with the idea of the 3 "founding groups", more as a way to figure out how a team could exist in small market Halifax.

The inclusion of the Scottish-Canadians as part or full owners, gives Halifax the "numbers" it would need to even be considered.

...But I hear you G; aesthetically, don't overdo the "Scottish" part of it.

I agree. I envision a mixed bag of elements from all 3 groups- the Province, the City, and the Scotnadians, to create an eclectic, dynamic identity. It'd be fantastic IMO.

So, this is all pretty spectacular. I love all the entrance ideas, and especially like the Nordukshuk.

Also, that Brown/Yellow Beavers scheme is very, very nice. To me, Brown and Yellow is one of the most underrated color schemes in sports and I wish it were used more. With that being said, I also loved the green and yellow. What about possibly combining the color schemes together? It could be a killer scheme while keeping the "woodsy" feel to it. Just a thought.

I haven't been able to get the brown AND the green to work...yet, Lafarge.

I thought that the green was a lock, until I tried the brown (after a suggestion by the admiral).

Now, I don't know. The brown looks pretty darn good: makes some sense (beavers are brown): and gives the concept a truly unique colour scheme in the NHL.

Here it is...and, oh yeah, I fixed the front skate on the "Beev". Now it definitely looks like his skate and not like his "stump"....sick puppies. :lol:

Anyway...what do you think?

4-38.jpg

Fun stuff as usual !

Thanks bleuet. Why not eh?

Glad to be able to help, Chewbarky. I just really love seeing an idea or design be the best it can be, and if any of my thoughts or suggestions help in any way in that process alls the better to a guy who loves giving input like me!

As for the brown beavers... I enjoyed the green of their original identity quite a bit, but that looks Dam fine!(terrible pun intended) :P

Looks like you fixed the Beev's stump problems... I can't help but feel the lines on the previous version looked a little cleaner, but I guess with à team called the Beavers the less 12 year old jokes/innuendo that can be made the better... Or is that the other way around? ;)

Looking forward to seeing the mascot and merch concepts!

Guest darkpiranha

Krakens > All Other Suggestions.

Everyone can enjoy the dozen other threads that have Metropolitans or Totems or the other bland and 'safe' Seattle names. But the only place you'll see the Krakens is right here, and it's perfect.

As to the Beavers, adding a touch of green will differentiate it a bit from the Bruins alts (not sure if they're still using them, but brown and gold was used in the recent past, I believe). BTW, one of the Beaver fan groups can be called the Beleavers.

I'd try adding some green back into the brown and gold.

I gave that idea a good shot darkp, and a green 'secondary' colour looked better on a predominately brown uni, than did the vice-versa,

but actually the combo of green and brown, didn't seem as clean as the 'brown-only' or the 'green-only'.

However, why not offer both? (separately)...

Mets > Kraken > Emeralds > Totems

My thoughts.

Thanks Dr. Evil.

2nd place on your list isn't bad, but I'm gunnin' for top spot.

Keep checking in and I'll sway you to the dark side.

At the end of this you'll be saying...

"sparky chewbarky... I was mistaken.

I've sen the light. RELEASE THE KRAKEN!"

I would put an outline on the shoulder numbers on the alt

Done. Thanks grant.

Its pretty cool how you incorporate peoples feedback

Thanks ES. Listening and responding to good criticism usually results in a better product.

I have no problem in my work being criticized. That's why I put it out there. Many 'minds' are better than one.

Take this thread for example...All the uniforms, and some of the logos have been improved by the input from CCSLC members...

-Adjusted the green on Kraken unis and added Lime Green for a little more punch.

-Went back to the green pants on the Kraken tribute alt

-Adjusted the cross on the back of the Highlanders home uni to clear the numbers

-Ditched the red fleur de lis on the Nordiques concept- Made it white

-Added white hemline on Nords home

-Simplified Nordiques logo by removing a 'layer'

-Made some alterations to the Beev's front skate to make it look less like his stump

-"Beavertron", was renamed "The Big Dam Road Show" (I love that)

-and finally, (although there will be more) the Beavers, after a suggestion to try brown, develop another alt to add to their uni line-up...

4-39.jpg

"Beaver Brown" becomes another option for the team and it's fans, while the franchise retains its core colours of green/yellow-gold/white.

In this age of multiple alts...Why not?

Imagine the colourful crowd at a Beevs' game with their white, yellow-gold, green, and now, brown sweaters.

Thanks to all for the feedback.

Mascots and Merchandise will start next week.

Have to say, this Beavers logo is probably my favorite logo concept on this site, whether its an update/re-designed current logo or a completely new/expansion team logo.

It looks like it could be a logo that has been around and everybody instantly recognizes. Great work.

Though I too would like to see Brown and Green together, think that would be interesting.

Guest darkpiranha

John Cafferty needs to perform live on every Beavers' Alt Night.

And for the brown/green combo, you can have brown socks and pants, with green jersey, so from a distance, the team will look like a forest.

Have to say, this Beavers logo is probably my favorite logo concept on this site, whether its an update/re-designed current logo or a completely new/expansion team logo.

It looks like it could be a logo that has been around and everybody instantly recognizes. Great work.

Though I too would like to see Brown and Green together, think that would be interesting.

Thanks mvk. Check it out...

Love the idea of the "Beaver Brown" set, but I agree with mvk here about brown and green together.

Here ya go SuperLeafsFan (me too)...

John Cafferty needs to perform live on every Beavers' Alt Night.

And for the brown/green combo, you can have brown socks and pants, with green jersey, so from a distance, the team will look like a forest.

You never run out of ideas darkp.

John Cafferty and the Brown Beaver Band, on 'Brown Beavers' night ...I love it!

Here's some brown 'n green for ya...

4-40.jpg

Thanks for the feedback and have a great weekend everybody!

Archived