The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

I thought it would be a knock off, but when I got it. everything was perfect and the Mitchell N Ness tags are on it.

This has the NHL tags on the sleeve. Must mean it's real, right?

whats your point ? what I have is an actual Mitchell N Ness product. I got it from the people that make it for them without paying the rediculuos price from Mitchell N Ness.

My point is that you got the jersey from a website which advertises nothing but fake jerseys. Then, you ordered something and assumed it was authentic because it had the "Mitchell and Ness" tags. Just because it has tags, doesn't mean it's real. I'm sorry to say, but your jersey is most likely fake and you'll soon see exactly what you paid for.

No , I ordered it assuming it was a knock off. Can you not understand that may well be the comapny that makes it for Mitchell n ness? Even if it is a so called fake, it is done EXACTLY as a Mitchell n Ness for $250.00.

this has no imperfections at all. Same material, same design etc. Where did I say I assumed I was getting an original? I assumed it would be off here or there. But its the real deal!

Pics of your fake, please.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I dont understand the anti-knock off argument. If it looks decent and is cheaper, thats always good.

Then quite frankly, you are one of the dumber people on this site. Most people who purchase these things know why it's wrong, they just choose for whatever reason to do it anyway. If you really don't see what the problem is here, then I really hope you sterilize yourself so that you don't pollute our gene pool by making dumb babies.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I dont understand the anti-knock off argument. If it looks decent and is cheaper, thats always good.

Then quite frankly, you are one of the dumber people on this site. Most people who purchase these things know why it's wrong, they just choose for whatever reason to do it anyway. If you really don't see what the problem is here, then I really hope you sterilize yourself so that you don't pollute our gene pool by making dumb babies.

your comment is somewhat pointless. I have a real Mitchell N Ness. I just cut out the middle man. If it were crap, I would tell you so.

It sucks that knock-offs even exist but for apparently "sub-standard" people like college kids or poorer people, acquiring an actual authentic (licensed) jersey is impossible. I bought a jersey off of website and it looks allright, but more likely than not is it a counterfeit. Sure, it's bad, but it only cost me $60 which is the "sweet-spot" for my means. I got a license CBJ Alt Customized jersey over Christmas, but that was a special present. It's not fair to look down on the buyers as much as it is to look down on the sellers.

Just my pitch.

~Brett

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

your comment is somewhat pointless. I have a real Mitchell N Ness. I just cut out the middle man. If it were crap, I would tell you so.

What's really pointless is your rambling about your "authentic" Mitchell & Ness jersey without providing us a picture of it.

It sucks that knock-offs even exist but for apparently "sub-standard" people like college kids or poorer people, acquiring an actual authentic (licensed) jersey is impossible. I bought a jersey off of website and it looks allright, but more likely than not is it a counterfeit. Sure, it's bad, but it only cost me $60 which is the "sweet-spot" for my means. I got a license CBJ Alt Customized jersey over Christmas, but that was a special present. It's not fair to look down on the buyers as much as it is to look down on the sellers.

Just my pitch.

~Brett

Fair, but as someone on here pointed out a while back, being a college student isn't an excuse - no one is entitled to a jersey of their favorite team.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Fair, but as someone on here pointed out a while back, being a college student isn't an excuse - no one is entitled to a jersey of their favorite team.

I think we both know how nowadays sports teams represent and identify so much more than we can imagine. A person is entitled to spend their money on a product that most think is a legit licensed product.

People don't look at the majority of these things and go "Yeah! YEAH! F*** the NHL! I'm paying for a sub-standard product! Fight the system!". They want to get what they can and to be honest no one wants a f***ing practice jersey just because they'd feel bad paying less than $120 for a piece of team clothing.

Without sounding as cliche as possible, during the " :censored:"'s tenure here with the Cavaliers, every kid from East Cleveland to Parma to Beachwood wanted a " James 23" jersey. At the height of his popularity, how many of those were fake/counterfeit?

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Your comment is completely pointless, as I made no reference to nor am I interested in your "Mitchell N Ness"[sic].

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just my pitch.

~Brett

So, if a person can't afford it they should break the law?

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Here's a thought: People who want to buy knockoffs, can buy knockoffs. People who don't want to buy knockoffs, don't buy knockoffs.

You didn't learn anything about the law in college?

As a Mechanical Engineering major, not really.

You didn't learn about right and wrong at any point in your life?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

-Dan

The normal consumer doesn't know it's a law. Or more accurately is unaware of the illicit sellers. Obvious counterfeits are obvious, sure, but some clever knock-offs aren't obvious. It's easy to assume that you're getting a good deal or "cutting out the middle-man".

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

-Dan

The normal consumer doesn't know it's a law.

Ignorance is not the strongest of defenses.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

-Dan

The normal consumer doesn't know it's a law. Or more accurately is unaware of the illicit sellers. Obvious counterfeits are obvious, sure, but some clever knock-offs aren't obvious. It's easy to assume that you're getting a good deal or "cutting out the middle-man".

Isn't "cutting out the middle man to get a good deal" a cute way of saying you are buying stolen property?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Ignorance is not the strongest of defenses.

Sure it is weak, but so is the whitewashed demonization of people who own knock-offs.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Isn't "cutting out the middle man to get a good deal" a cute way of saying you are buying stolen property?

No it isn't.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Let's go in circles again, I like doing that. Speeding is a potentially deadly infraction of the law (certainly moreso than counterfeit merchandise), yet almost everyone does it. Do you think we should suspend everyone's license?

If they are busted multiple times for speeding... yes.

But back on topic: Do you really not understand the difference between right and wrong do you know what theft is? I know you like to brag that you are a college grad. But do your school a favor and don't say the name of the school you went to out loud, it may hurt enrollment.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011