The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

Ever think of taking advantage of an "internet deal"?

Here is their "quality"

Most of these sites have pop-up "customer service" boxes where the sales rep admitted to me that the jerseys are counterfit... his words!

Low quality China jerseys.

Take a look at their hockey jerseys. They can't get a font type or size correct to save their lives.

Their North Star Ns are way to big, same with the Whaler logos.

Their Blackhawk 1s are in correct.

ok, so , do you buy the stuff or not ? regardless of this banter

The materials used on letters number and patches don't seem to be the high quality material.

You definately get what you pay for.

From your link, the "low quality Chinese jersey" looks better than what the Colts wear on the field. Just saying...and laughing.

Reebok%20NFL%20Jerseys%20Indianapolis%20Colts%2029%20Joseph%20Addai%20white.jpg

Colts-Joseph-Addai-scores-in-31-26-victory-over-the-Raiders-in-Oakland-California.jpg

You think so?

To me the poor quality of the numbers and letters just scream "cheap knockoff to me". For example do you notice the "wavyness" in the numbers? It is not the stiff tackel twill that should be there. Its kind of the same material of a logo that would be on a Starter jacket.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

9314f341d5f3f1da4a9c52378b9211e0.image.726x550.jpg

gross.

In addition to the obvious problems, does the jersey on the right show a "5" on the sleeve? WTF!

Yeah, but if you really, really want a jersey but can't afford one. :rolleyes:

If you look at the "2" on the back, it looks like an upside-down and backwards "5". I think they just sewed the sleeve's "2" on upside-down and backwards.

Hilarious.

The 2 is slightly incorrect, but it is not even close to an upside-down 5.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Do you think driving while intoxicated is a victimless crime?

Yes.

But once an accident occurs it becomes a crime with a victim.

SO, has charger77 bought any knock offs since starting this thread ?

Nope.

GOING TO ?

Nope.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Ever think of taking advantage of an "internet deal"?

Here is their "quality"

Most of these sites have pop-up "customer service" boxes where the sales rep admitted to me that the jerseys are counterfit... his words!

Low quality China jerseys.

Take a look at their hockey jerseys. They can't get a font type or size correct to save their lives.

Their North Star Ns are way to big, same with the Whaler logos.

Their Blackhawk 1s are in correct.

ok, so , do you buy the stuff or not ? regardless of this banter

The materials used on letters number and patches don't seem to be the high quality material.

You definately get what you pay for.

From your link, the "low quality Chinese jersey" looks better than what the Colts wear on the field. Just saying...and laughing.

Reebok%20NFL%20Jerseys%20Indianapolis%20Colts%2029%20Joseph%20Addai%20white.jpg

Colts-Joseph-Addai-scores-in-31-26-victory-over-the-Raiders-in-Oakland-California.jpg

You think so?

To me the poor quality of the numbers and letters just scream "cheap knockoff to me". For example do you notice the "wavyness" in the numbers? It is not the stiff tackel twill that should be there. Its kind of the same material of a logo that would be on a Starter jacket.

And what do Addai's blue dashes that pass for wraparound shoulder stripes, tiny TV numbers, and NOB that looks like Joey from Mrs. Snyder's 2nd grade home room put it on that "authentic" (game worn for crying out loud!) jersey say to you? :rolleyes:

That's an overlooked part of this discussion, the fact that the NFL obviously has no interest whatsoever in the visual integrity of their teams' uniforms.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Do you think driving while intoxicated is a victimless crime?

Yes.

But once an accident occurs it becomes a crime with a victim.

SO, has charger77 bought any knock offs since starting this thread ?

Nope.

GOING TO ?

Nope.

than why bother with thread still? if something is cheaper and half way decent looking. I'll get it

Sure I would like an official Jersey. But in the meantime ,these are neither classless or tasteless.

than why bother with thread still? if something is cheaper and half way decent looking. I'll get it

Sure I would like an official Jersey. But in the meantime ,these are neither classless or tasteless.

I just noticed that on the Steve Mason jersey I got a while back the Reebok Edge logo is on upsidedown.

LOL.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

That's an overlooked part of this discussion, the fact that the NFL obviously has no interest whatsoever in the visual integrity of their teams' uniforms.

It's overlooked because it's irrelevant.

Also, I just skimmed the last few pages so I may have missed this, but was there an good argument made on the side of the NFL being a monopoly? If so, could it be repeated, because I have no idea how this could be the case (even if there's some kind of anti-trust exemption in play.) I don't see how a product manufacturer doesn't have exclusive rights to their product, and the NFL is in effect one single manufacturer. If you want to make the argument that the 32 teams should be split up into more independent entities, then that's one thing, but either way, I fail to see any way to argue that the NFL is a monopoly.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also, I just skimmed the last few pages so I may have missed this, but was there an good argument made on the side of the NFL being a monopoly? If so, could it be repeated, because I have no idea how this could be the case (even if there's some kind of anti-trust exemption in play.) I don't see how a product manufacturer doesn't have exclusive rights to their product, and the NFL is in effect one single manufacturer. If you want to make the argument that the 32 teams should be split up into more independent entities, then that's one thing, but either way, I fail to see any way to argue that the NFL is a monopoly.

Yeah, isn't that like saying McDonalds is a monopoly because only they can sell McDonalds products?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Yeah, isn't that like saying McDonalds is a monopoly because only they can sell McDonalds products?

Well I used Coca-Cola to make that point, but apparently that was to self-righteous for Blue Sky :D

Blake_Griffin_Jersey_32_Los_Angeles_Clippers_WHITE__44821_zoom__71559_zoom.jpg

Blake_Griffin_Jersey_32_Los_Angeles_Clippers_RED__49825_zoom.jpg

Can anybody pick out any distinct differences between these Blake Griffin Jerseys and the official NBA swingmans?

I'm going to wait (albeit a long wait) for the official swingmans to reach Australia (we only got Lebrons over here a month ago so Griffs will probably be here mid year) but I was just curious what were the differences between the above because I've never seen the jerseys in real life.

Blake_Griffin_Jersey_32_Los_Angeles_Clippers_WHITE__44821_zoom__71559_zoom.jpg

Can anybody pick out any distinct differences between these Blake Griffin Jerseys and the official NBA swingmans?

I'm going to wait (albeit a long wait) for the official swingmans to reach Australia (we only got Lebrons over here a month ago so Griffs will probably be here mid year) but I was just curious what were the differences between the above because I've never seen the jerseys in real life.

why don't you buy online off nba.com or something like that? It'll probably cost you around $90 (that's shipping included) with the the aussie dollar the way it is and it'll probably cost about that over here when the arrive, and that said i wouldn't bet that they'll even get stocked at most stores. Also can you believe that rebel sport is still asking full price for lebron james cavaliers jerseys?

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Why don't we compare? (Second graphic courtesy the NBA Store)

p8493501dt.jpg

Sorry I couldn't find a Griffin.

Collar is off, and there's too much of a red stroke on the Los Angeles script. The LAC is also too low. (It's supposed to be at the tip of the collar)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It's not irrelevant when they're marketing the jerseys as "authentic," i.e. similar to those worn on the field. Is it irrelevant when you board your Delta connecting flight only to find it's really operated by Joe Bob Airways? No, because it's sold to you as Delta.

Monopoly, from dictionary.com: exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market, or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices.

The way you guys talk, you must enjoy getting reamed in the wallet when left with few or no choices. BBTV, you like paying higher air fares because US Airways is basically the only game in town? Do you guys enjoy Madden even though it's inferior to NFL 2K5? Wait, where's NFL 2K11? Oh, that's right, they can't make it any more because EA Sports has an exclusive deal.

Obviously the NFL has exclusive rights to their products. Duh. But you're confusing that with creating a monopoly on a product. Once we're past the exclusive rights thing, the NFL has a choice - multiple manufacturers with the resultant choice of products (think NFL-licensed t-shirts for example) and lower prices, or exclusive deals (like the whole Madden mess). How many iPhone apps would their be if Apple granted an exclusive license to one app maker? Musicians have exclusive rights to their music, what if they dictated that only one radio station in town could play them? Monopolies take choices away from you, but you approve! I just...don't...get it.

So see, the NFL could license more than one manufacturer to make "authentic" jerseys. I say "authentic" because no matter what they say, the jerseys they sell are no longer that similar to those worn in games because of position-specific cuts and so on. The "then the jerseys would look different from one another" argument is false because that's under their control (it's called QC and adhering to the league's standard for appearance and materials).

If more than one manufacturer can make the jerseys, then there is something called "competition," which is my experience leads to better products, more kinds to choose from (one manufacturer might choose to make more "authentic" throwbacks for example), and lower prices. But the NFL dictates (i.e. has exclusive control) through licensing Reebok that Reebok is the only source for authentic NFL jerseys and thus they control the prices. By definition, that's a monopoly on the availability and pricing of a commodity - NFL jerseys - not to be confused (again, Ice Cap) with exclusive rights.

One last example - what if Sunday Ticket was available through any TV provider? What if you could buy a single game through PPV? Wouldn't it be nice? But we don't have those choices because the NFL has exclusive rights to those broadcasts and chooses to impose a monopoly on their availability.

And Ice Cap, "self righteous" wasn't the right term. My point is you see this in black and white when, like everything in the world, there are shades of gray. It also seems to be a real hot button for you for whatever reason.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Los and Angeles appears to be seperate on the NBA.com jersey but not on the fake. Also, the LAC monogram appears to be lower on the collar on the fake than on the NBA.com version.

Just noticed that the LAC is bold and italicized on the NBA.com version, but not on the China fake.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Why don't we compare? (Second graphic courtesy the NBA Store)

p8493501dt.jpg

Sorry I couldn't find a Griffin.

Collar is off, and there's too much of a red stroke on the Los Angeles script. The LAC is also too low. (It's supposed to be at the tip of the collar)

Yeah, i checked the nba website but i was under the impression the official nba website images aren't completely accurate (ironic ey).

Just came to that conclusion when comparing a few older, pre revolution jerseys to how they look in real life. Also, the images on the nba website are very touched up to remain consistent with all the other jersey variants that have to coincide on the same webpage. Also, on the nba website you can't distinctly tell the difference between authentics and swingmans just from the image.

I noticed the collar was different and assumed it was one of those minor distinguishes that swingman jerseys have compared to the authentics.

Haha @ Rebel Sport, in their defense, I saw them charging *only" $70 for Lebron Cleveland jerseys. They're getting new Lebrons back in stock end of January. I asked about Blake Griffin but all the staff looked at me blankly. I told them he plays for the other team that plays in Los Angeles. Concluded Griffin jerseys weren't in stock when the new rev 30 swingmans arrived in Australia as they had never heard of Blake Griffin.