The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

if fakes were 15 bucks, id be all over it, but 50-60? Id rather just buy a replica for 80 by then and know that the money is going to reebok and the nfl

They're only $20 ($30 for NHL) compared to the real deal, it's much better. I've never bought a counterfeit, only replicas, but I know people who have and they have no complaints at all about them. Really, its worth saving the money, especially for college kids.

Anubis.png

if fakes were 15 bucks, id be all over it, but 50-60? Id rather just buy a replica for 80 by then and know that the money is going to reebok and the nfl

They're only $20 ($30 for NHL) compared to the real deal, it's much better. I've never bought a counterfeit, only replicas, but I know people who have and they have no complaints at all about them. Really, its worth saving the money, especially for college kids.

Believe me the fakes are noticable.

When I see this on the Counterfit site:

IPRC_Seized_2011_02_NY.gif

They always forget to add the part that say "Unless you really want one" or, "But its cool if you can't afford the legal ones".

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

when theyre 20 or 30, they tack on a 20 buck shipping charge

I'm assuming that's because of a longer shipping distance, though. Not necessarily as part of a "ripoff". It's still a lot cheaper overall.

Yeah, and it's $20 no matter how many you buy---so its cheaper in that regard too.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

The more and more I think about it---this is how I feel about the fakes---

With Legal Authentics or Replicas or EQT's being made overseas we all know the cost of labor is down. Factor in the cost of Materials, and the cost to produce a product in Parts and Labor alone is at about $15 a piece for Authentics and cheaper for Replicas. Assuming each jersey sold needs to have a $50 "We bought the rights, we need tomake the money back fee, as well as a cut for the players at $5 each jersey it should still be well under 75 bucks for a jersey. Factor in Bulk Exporting and Importing and maybe $80 for an Authentic.

Until these jerseys are made either cheaper to the retail public, or brought back over to the USA to make and produce stateside, I could care less if Jimbo out in the Bayou supports his Saints in a Bootleg or Vinny in NYJ feels like his "Sanche(s)" jersey is the bomb diggity.

Realistically, they aren't stealing jobs from us for a product that should be made in USA to begin with. They are stealing jobs from other chinese men or women at the same price.

In 1996 a Authentic Jersey cost 149.99 in stores to buy when made in USA with better materials. Why is it double the price now with subpar materials, workmanship, and lower cost labor to produce?

Greed my friends, greed. And as long as they want to get greedy, I support Jimbo and my cousin Vinny saving their money as long as they don't cost us fellow Americans Jobs.

The things we think but do not say--

I unknowingly bought a counterfeit from some (white) guys who set up at my college. It was before I realized just how big the counterfeit market is.

The quality of it is crap. I've already had to get it fixed once (thread in the sleeve number ran) and I'm prob going to have to again (getting a random string hanging out) There are strings hanging out everywhere.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

If you want to save $40 on a fake replica no one can stop you but lets not kid ourselves. The quality is total crap.

My opinion exactly

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Greed my friends, greed. And as long as they want to get greedy, I support Jimbo and my cousin Vinny saving their money as long as they don't cost us fellow Americans Jobs.

So doing something illegal is ok as long as it isn't an American that gets screwed?

When these unlicensed products are illegally bought and sold the NHL, NFL, MLB, NBA ect are all losing on revenue. I'm guessing an American or two gets screwed in that process.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

The more and more I think about it---this is how I feel about the fakes---

[bunch of garbage]

If you have to go that far to justify it, then it's wrong. Who are you to analyze their production costs, labor costs, rights fees, etc., and then decide what the fair markup should be? You know far less than you think.

I unknowingly bought a counterfeit from some (white) guys who set up at my college. It was before I realized just how big the counterfeit market is.

The quality of it is crap. I've already had to get it fixed once (thread in the sleeve number ran) and I'm prob going to have to again (getting a random string hanging out) There are strings hanging out everywhere.

Why exactly is it necessary to go out of your way to specify that the bootleggers were white?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So doing something illegal is ok as long as it isn't an American that gets screwed?

When these unlicensed products are illegally bought and sold the NHL, NFL, MLB, NBA ect are all losing on revenue. I'm guessing an American or two gets screwed in that process.

Not just bought and sold, they are printed here too. Every single NFL replica jersey is printed in Indianapolis Indiana. All of them. They are constructed overseas and printed here. Are you costing a American their job by buying a chinese counterfeit? Maybe not that one purchase, but that's one less one that was printed by an Adult American making more than minimum wage and one more printed by a Chinese Child in a sweatshop making .20 a day. (I know you'll say "But Reebok jerseys are made in Asia." That's true, but in countries that support fair labor practices.)

And this business about authentics costing $15 is complete horse. They cost more than that (I don't know the amount) but you know who makes the most money on every jersey sold? Its the retailers. Retail 101: Retail price is double wholesale. NFL Makes a bit, the player makes a bit, and of course Reebok makes a bit. But its not like Reebok and the NFL are splitting 90% and laughing on a pile of money...

Are they expensive? Hell yes. They make Jersey Tees for like $20. They make a 4 tiers of jerseys ranging in price from $40 to $280. It sucks, but you don't have a right to own a jersey. If you can't afford it you can't afford it. But you shouldn't support counterfeiters for a variety of reasons from you're outright stealing to supporting child/sweatshop labor.

Why exactly is it necessary to go out of your way to specify that the bootleggers were white?

Because this thread is about China counterfeits. It automatically lends itself to the connotation that they would be Asian. (sorry to burst your bubble, Gary)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I won't buy them, but until it's a domestically made product **** the people who do. I don't care really. That was the point of the post. If Reebok wants to be so greedy to mark up a jersey that much then they are welcoming counterfeiters. If the fake handbag industry was anything to take note of it was once something gets out of hand and someone without the means wants it---theres a market for fakes.