The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

I'd wager that many more people wear football jerseys than baseball jerseys - far more - so there may not be much incentive to counterfeit.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is what it all comes down to, is the consumer willing to pay the price for authentics.

MLB authentics can be as cheap as $125 on MLB shop these jerseys are the most reasonable by far and that is why there arent as many MLB knockoffs, NFL jerseys are rediculously priced and thus there are an abundance of fakes.

Every time I go to a Twins game, I see TONS of knock-offs. The wordmarks are huge and the number font is way off...but most fans don't really notice.

I am not willing to pay the costs of an over-priced jersey. So I just walk into stores and steal 'em.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Well go to a vikings game and you will see 10X as many vikings knockoffs. Although you are correct that many more people wear NFL jerseys, Think about the price difference, if you can get an authentic mlb jersey for $125 or pay $25 for a knockoff the common fan will be more likely to spend the extra $100 then spend an extra $225 on an authentic NFL jersey. So although the number of consumers is less then NFL and offers less of an incentive you also have to believe that price point is a large reason for less MLB knockoffs.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Well go to a vikings game and you will see 10X as many vikings knockoffs. Although you are correct that many more people wear NFL jerseys, Think about the price difference, if you can get an authentic mlb jersey for $125 or pay $25 for a knockoff the common fan will be more likely to spend the extra $100 then spend an extra $225 on an authentic NFL jersey. So although the number of consumers is less then NFL and offers less of an incentive you also have to believe that price point is a large reason for less MLB knockoffs.

I was not trying to say that there are as many for MLB, just pointing out that it is a problem (for those who think it's a problem) there as well.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

DP

POTD (Shared)

2010%20Olympic.jpg

Look at the tag hanging from the sleeve... what's wrong with this picture?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

2010%20Olympic.jpg

LOL go team United States of Canada :flagcanada: but it really isnt a bad looking jersey

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

2010%20Olympic.jpg

That is just pricless. Almost as much as this...

666flames.jpg

Heres the link to the site and a quote from the "About Us" section...

http://www.mynhls.com/reebok-calgary-flames-4-jay-bouwmeester-heritage-classic-red-nhl-p-966.html

We have rich experience in sourcing Chinese manufacturers and suppliers, in our handbags outlet store, all the hight [sic] quality Designer nhl Jerseys,nhl Jerseys, has reached [sic] the highest level of perfection.

I WANT THAT JERSEY!!!

When did Steve Mason play for the Bruins...

Reebok%20Boston%20Bruins%201%20Steve%20Mason%20Premier%20Black%20Home%20NHL%20Hockey%20Jersey.jpg

... and since when is that a "CCM Boston Bruins 1988 8 Cam Neely Premier Black Throwback NHL Hockey Jersey"

Reebok%20Vancouver%20Canucks%2014%20Alexandre%20Burrows%20Premier%20Third%20Blue%20NHL%20Hockey%20Jersey.jpg

Wrong logo on this bad boy.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Our Product

All of the Designer nhl Jerseysin our site come with satisfaction guarantee. Please check out all the nhl Jerseys we have to offer. our nhl 2010 Jerseys, associating sophistication and tradition, attract the eye of tasteful women. We are sure you will love the perfect quality of our Jerseys 2010, Designer nhl Jerseys. Enjoy your shopping

Do not hesitate now, just do it, we decided to add some highlight in the Jerseys outlet store , designer nhl Jerseys, so remarkable, low prices and good quality, which will gathered public mind, I know, that is a good and can not miss chance.Any criticisms or constructive feedback is welcome ! we hope to increase our readership and save the online shopping community plenty of grief and money! Looking forward to our growing with customers' belief and satisfaction.

Daaannnnggg... didn't know that China counterfeits make you a chick magnet.! :wub:

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

my 2 cents, to this running debate:

i work in law enforcement, yet somehow am disinterested in the moral debate about if either side of this issue is in the right or wrong.

all i know is that a replica dallas stars jersey is both more expensive and poorer quality than a counterfeit authentic from china. most of the counterfeits look terrible and have bright bright yellow instead of gold... that said, the one i've found looks pretty accurate except for one or two discrepancies. it's give and take. the DALLAS wordmark is laughable on replicas. unevenly cut twill that is glued, without even an attempt at making it look like it's stitched anywhere. literally perfect triangles for the holes in the A's outline that don't match up with the font at all. the replicas are the worst peices of :censored: i've ever seen, and apparently most teams don't have it as bad as dallas in that regard.

i'll take an off-center NHL logo on the collar, and a close-but-not-quite font on the name-plate as my flaws any day of the week, over the inaccuracies that the officially licensed replicas have.

it's not about morals, because to be honest, i couldn't care less. maybe that makes me a horrible sinner. it's about quality and price. neither one is going to be as accurate as i'd like, but i'd love to see someone compare my ribeiro jersey from china to the premier jerseys in the pro-shop and tell me that mine is a lower quality product, and a less accurate depiction of what is worn on the ice by the actual #63.

the same goes for my keith bulluck and vince young tennessee titans jerseys, when compared to the screen-printed replicas.

yeah, most counterfeits are horrible and laughable, and i enjoy making fun of them too. but i've got no moral objection to paying half the price of a replica to pick up a well-made unlicensed higher-quality version of the same thing.

i work in law enforcement, yet somehow am disinterested in the moral debate about if either side of this issue is in the right or wrong.

all i know is that a replica dallas stars jersey is both more expensive and poorer quality than a counterfeit authentic from china. most of the counterfeits look terrible and have bright bright yellow instead of gold... that said, the one i've found looks pretty accurate except for one or two discrepancies. it's give and take. the DALLAS wordmark is laughable on replicas. unevenly cut twill that is glued, without even an attempt at making it look like it's stitched anywhere. literally perfect triangles for the holes in the A's outline that don't match up with the font at all. the replicas are the worst peices of :censored: i've ever seen, and apparently most teams don't have it as bad as dallas in that regard.

I couldn't agree more with you that Edge Replica's are cheaply made rags they have no business charging $130.00 for, especially when consider that the old CCM/Koho replica's were of much higher quality for less. For the Star's awful looking jerseys its even more of a rip off because their crest is on the shoulders and as everyone has discussed, the shoulder patches for Edge Replica's are all cheap plastic.

i'll take an off-center NHL logo on the collar, and a close-but-not-quite font on the name-plate as my flaws any day of the week, over the inaccuracies that the officially licensed replicas have.

That being said the counterfeits look even worse with their cheaper materials, oversized wordmarks, incorrect colours and crest materials prone to wrinkling and air bubbles.

Good way to get around both issues and the moral issues of supporting criminal counterfeiters? Dont buy Edge the Edge style! In your case why not look for an old 6100 Authentic Stars jersey on Ebay? You could probably get it for half the Price of an Edge Replica and the design is far superior anyways. This way you get around Reebok's overpricing for shoddy products without having to resort to supporting criminals. Don't like Edge Uniform system? Don't buy it. Thats my two cents.

i would never buy a counterfeit jersey, but only because i'm OCD enough to tell where there are obvious differences. the professional games i have been too (all baseball) are packed with fans wearing obvious counterfeit jerseys. i really don't give a damn about that. they are cubs fans and if they have found their way to support their team in the way that works for them. i'm cool with this. but other than that, i subscribe to the theory of "i'll buy it if the price is reasonable". i have an authentic blue cubs alternate because i thought the price for one was reasonable and i thought the replica blue one, and in truth all of the replica cubs jerseys, looked so much unlike the real thing it was not worth consideration. meanwhile i have all 3 replica sweaters of the pre-edge avs because those replicas looked so much like the real things and were considerably cheaper than the real things. people will pay for things a lot more often when they believe the price is reasonable for the quality.

i won't fault the buyers for that because if there are no demand at the right price, the suppliers lose business. there is some software i would buy and some software i wouldn't (and after i have used that software my opinion goes from overpriced to horribly overpriced). i haven't bought a contemporary music cd for myself in years because i find today's music absolutely horrible that NO ONE should be paying for imo). but don't confuse me not buying stuff for me not buying stuff because i can get it elsewhere. sometimes it is worth selling at a lower price point casting a wider customer net.

as for proper jersey wearing etiquette, i see no problem at all wearing one in any non-formal occation. i see it as nothing more than a shirt that proclaims very directly something that you like. and if they want to customize it i believe there is no problem with that as well. i think a blank jersey looks stupid, and i would never get a jersey of any player except established faces of the franchise players. and even then, it has to be in the style of the era of that player. you never know if one of the players on your team is going to get traded tomorrow. i feel safer putting my name and number on a jersey than one of any player (which i have for all of my jerseys). some may think that's overboard in showing support of their favorite team. i think face- and full body paint goes overboard.

people who dislike customized jerseys are taking them waaaay too seriously.

FONT FAIL!

1932_G_1270904081955.jpg

Which team doesn't belong?

Sox.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This would make a cool concept, but...

2010122418313373499.jpg

Product Name:NHL New York Jets #10 HAWERCHUK WHITE

This one had me laughing for a while

200911620530665.jpg

Thank goodness he never had to wear those.

Could Pittsburgh be "going all Philadelphia" on us?

201042221521561551.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This would make a cool concept, but...

2010122418313373499.jpg

Product Name:NHL New York Jets #10 HAWERCHUK WHITE

What I really want to know is if these really sell. I mean, even someone who didn't know anything about sports would recognize the upside-down M used as a W. Who in their right mind would buy this jersey?

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED