The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

I have a Darrelle Revis jersey I got off a site called styleJerseys.com, and I'm pretty sure it's authentic. It

has high quality material and I got it for less than $20 (the shipping cost a fortune, though).

They're counterfeit, plus considering its also your username, looks like spam to me.

NO NO NO, I like this name

grown men shouldnt wear jerseys anyway.

Thanks for the insight Mr. Blackwell. rolleyes.gif

Wear what you want, but he's got a point. Everytime I see a grown-a$$ man in a jersey (especially a customized one) I just think he's some big kid who is imagining that he's actually on the team by putting on the jersey, like he's fulfilling some childhood fantasy. It's all a big game of pretend. If you're actually at the game, maybe you get a pass, but it's still kind of corny for adults to wear the jerseys of other adults.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

One of my favorite China fakes:

DSC06456.JPG

This is my favorite Blues uni of all-time. Yes, I know they are called the "BLUES", but I like the red accents. Bring it back!!! (Even though their current alt is pretty cool - it does feature the overused circular fauxback logo)

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Wear what you want, but he's got a point. Everytime I see a grown-a$$ man in a jersey (especially a customized one) I just think he's some big kid who is imagining that he's actually on the team by putting on the jersey, like he's fulfilling some childhood fantasy. It's all a big game of pretend. If you're actually at the game, maybe you get a pass, but it's still kind of corny for adults to wear the jerseys of other adults.

I'll partially give you credit for the customized comment...Although, a person using their last name is more acceptable than some stupid nickname or bad attempt at a joke. As for the rest of your comment....It's ridiculous.

I'll partially give you credit for the customized comment...Although, a person using their last name is more acceptable than some stupid nickname or bad attempt at a joke. As for the rest of your comment....It's ridiculous.

By that logic, every time you see a woman with a Coach bag, she must be pretending to be a fashion model. Every time you put on any shirt with a company logo, you must be pretending to work for that company or model for them, right?

That's just silly. I think people wearing jerseys is cool. I actually hate those NFL films (or any sport for that matter) where they show a crowd from the 60's, 70's whatever, and no one is wearing anything regarding the team they are rooting for.

R

Wear what you want, but he's got a point. Everytime I see a grown-a$ man in a jersey (especially a customized one) I just think he's some big kid who is imagining that he's actually on the team by putting on the jersey, like he's fulfilling some childhood fantasy. It's all a big game of pretend. If you're actually at the game, maybe you get a pass, but it's still kind of corny for adults to wear the jerseys of other adults.

By that logic, every time you see a woman with a Coach bag, she must be pretending to be a fashion model. Every time you put on any shirt with a company logo, you must be pretending to work for that company or model for them, right?

That's just silly. I think people wearing jerseys is cool. I actually hate those NFL films (or any sport for that matter) where they show a crowd from the 60's, 70's whatever, and no one is wearing anything regarding the team they are rooting for.

R

Your comparisons are not even close to being valid. Not even a little bit.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wear what you want, but he's got a point. Everytime I see a grown-a$ man in a jersey (especially a customized one) I just think he's some big kid who is imagining that he's actually on the team by putting on the jersey, like he's fulfilling some childhood fantasy. It's all a big game of pretend. If you're actually at the game, maybe you get a pass, but it's still kind of corny for adults to wear the jerseys of other adults.

R

What you said, BBTV, can be true; however, I think that if the grown man who is wearing the jersey is mature enough to relize that a) he is not part of the team, B) he does not know the player personally no matter what anyone thinks, and c) he is just supporting the team, I think it would be an exception to what you said.

R

What you said, BBTV, can be true; however, I think that if the grown man who is wearing the jersey is mature enough to relize that a) he is not part of the team, B) he does not know the player personally no matter what anyone thinks, and c) he is just supporting the team, I think it would be an exception to what you said.

Oh of course there's exceptions, and I get it's "cool" to be at the game wearing the same thing as the players, but jerseys are cut to go over pads, are long, are made out of mesh or polyester, and just aren't really practical "casual" wear. What's the difference between wearing a jersey and just wearing a shirt? I really think that there's something about putting on a jersey that gives some people a weird feeling. Maybe not consciously (like "maybe today the coach will finally put me in!!) but subconsciously. Maybe it's just my observation, but I generally notice the fattest or most obviously socially-inept people wearing jerseys, and there's just got to be something there.

I get the wearing it to the game thing, but I'll never understand (and I'm not sure that anyone could ever make me understand) the mentality of someone who's getting ready to go grocery shopping, reaches into their closet to find a shirt to wear, and says "I'm going to go with the Vikings jersey today". It's just taking the team pride thing a little too far, IMO.

Then again, I think that big time sports fanatics are pretty silly all together, so what do I know.

R

Oh of course there's exceptions, and I get it's "cool" to be at the game wearing the same thing as the players, but jerseys are cut to go over pads, are long, are made out of mesh or polyester, and just aren't really practical "casual" wear. What's the difference between wearing a jersey and just wearing a shirt? I really think that there's something about putting on a jersey that gives some people a weird feeling. Maybe not consciously (like "maybe today the coach will finally put me in!!) but subconsciously. Maybe it's just my observation, but I generally notice the fattest or most obviously socially-inept people wearing jerseys, and there's just got to be something there.

I get the wearing it to the game thing, but I'll never understand (and I'm not sure that anyone could ever make me understand) the mentality of someone who's getting ready to go grocery shopping, reaches into their closet to find a shirt to wear, and says "I'm going to go with the Vikings jersey today". It's just taking the team pride thing a little too far, IMO.

Then again, I think that big time sports fanatics are pretty silly all together, so what do I know.

Well, I rarely wear my jerseys anymore (I own about ten), but I just see them as another type of clothing. That is what it is to me, not team pride, just trying to look nice.

Your points however, are valid, and I feel they do apply to most of the population because fans are generally idiots who think they are part of the team.

Age may be a factor too - my definition of "nice" is probably a lot different than a teenagers (not calling you a teenager - I have no idea how old you are.)

Age may be a factor too - my definition of "nice" is probably a lot different than a teenagers (not calling you a teenager - I have no idea how old you are.)

Perhaps nice was the wrong word to use. If it fits the rest of the ensemble, then a jersey can look good, although I've seen some people look like tools in a jersey, so it is a risky move.

Perhaps nice was the wrong word to use. If it fits the rest of the ensemble, then a jersey can look good, although I've seen some people look like tools in a jersey, so it is a risky move.

I have no issue with sports gear from a strictly fashion perspective. I said in another thread somewhere that I only wear two MLB caps - a Tigers home cap and a White Sox hat. I know nothing about either of the teams, but I like the logos and each goes with some of my running gear. Jerseys can be cool if you can pull off the hip hop look. I'm mainly talking about the "I just love this team soooo much that I need the whole world to know that I'm the biggest fan!" crowd.

I have no issue with sports gear from a strictly fashion perspective. I said in another thread somewhere that I only wear two MLB caps - a Tigers home cap and a White Sox hat. I know nothing about either of the teams, but I like the logos and each goes with some of my running gear. Jerseys can be cool if you can pull off the hip hop look. I'm mainly talking about the "I just love this team soooo much that I need the whole world to know that I'm the biggest fan!" crowd.

You know, if those people were euthanized, the world would be a much better place. So yeah, we were pretty much in agreement the whole time, just using different words.

Might be how I folded it, not sure..either way I am actually pretty satisfied with it for the price. I know I'll lose points among some CCSLCers for buying it but I can't afford a 300 dollar jersey, I can't even afford a replica, I'm a poor college student. In a perfect world we'd all get the best we could, but hey, no one I know will even notice its fake, so yeah.