Blue Heron Logo **FINAL ON PG 5**

GeauxColonels

You may have mentioned it, but is there a reason that you've chosen to color the beak green?

Well, out of the 3 colors, it made the most sense to me at the time given that the blue heron I was going off of had a dark beak. I didn't want to make it yellow because of that. I MAY look to swap the beak and eye color.

That's honestly what I would do. I think blue and yellow as a primary color scheme is much stronger than blue and green simple because they complement each other so well.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the top one too. I'd make the green outline a little thinner though. It clashes a bit too much with the black on the beak and neck.

I may ditch the green key stroke and go with either white or none. I am adding some text to the logo and that will be green.

gYH2mW9.png

I have to say, I like the bottom one a lot better. The top colors are too "elementary." What I mean to say is, it literally looks like a kid took the blue, green, and yellow crayons from his little box of 8 with no real thought to the outcome. The second one looks as though you carefully hand-picked the colors to make it just right. It just seems so much more sophisticated, suave, and smooth.

I have to say, I like the bottom one a lot better. The top colors are too "elementary." What I mean to say is, it literally looks like a kid took the blue, green, and yellow crayons from his little box of 8 with no real thought to the outcome. The second one looks as though you carefully hand-picked the colors to make it just right. It just seems so much more sophisticated, suave, and smooth.

Interesting, that's actually kind of the opposite of what I did. For the top logo, the blue is from the Detroit Lions logo while the yellow came from a college logo (Morehead State I think). The green is just the blend of the 2 colors. The bottom logo uses the blue and yellow from the OKC Thunder logo with the green, again, being a blend of the other 2 colors.

gYH2mW9.png

Thought I would share this with you guys. The designs are the property of the designers on this site, but they might provide some inspiration to you:

https://99designs.com/illustrations/contests/make-great-blue-heron-look-cool-build-brand-283151

Cheers!

All very nice, really you can not choose!!

I prefer the first one and I really like the green outline.

Thanks to everyone for the help. I couldn't have made this nearly as good as I think it is now without the great tips, criticism and suggestions from everyone. Here are the first 3 logo slick pages I posted last night in the fantasy thread:

qrx4.png

h80k.png

pmm8.png

gYH2mW9.png

Archived