Blue Heron Logo **FINAL ON PG 5**

GeauxColonels

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the white shading on the beak is okay. I would use a thicker yellow stroke on the outside though. At least the same thickness as the black outline.

Thanks. I'll look into increasing the thickness of the yellow. I just didn't want it to be too wide.

Use the same shading and outlining from G tilted, and use that on H tilted.

Did you mean this the other way around? G doesn't have any shading/highlights except for the beak or an outline.

gYH2mW9.png

I have trouble with your palette. Your blue, green, and yellow are all roughly the same saturation, and awfully close to each other on the colour wheel, to boot. I think the logo works okay without yellow, frankly, and I'd encourage you to darken the green just a little more.

rATMcmK.png

Use the same shading and outlining from G tilted, and use that on H tilted.

Did you mean this the other way around? G doesn't have any shading/highlights except for the beak or an outline.

Yeah I meant the other way around. Sorry about that.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

After looking at this more, I've decided to remove the highlights and shading. I don't think they add much and, in all honesty, the shading tends to muck up the image when viewed at a smaller size.

I'm looking into adjusting the color palette slightly, going with strong more "athletic logo" colors. The original palette was taken directly from the logo of the Audubon Nature Institute here in New Orleans - an actual entity which runs the zoo, aquarium and insectarium in the city. The back story of Audubon Nature College is that a local businessman donated a large sum of money to create the college focused on natural sciences in New Orleans - primarily sciences associated with animals. So I used the colors found in the logo below. I'll be looking to change up the colors a bit, just trying different shades of the current colors - green, blue, yellow, black and white. While I appreciate the suggestions, I won't be adding any colors like silver.

zoo_logo.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

Crazy how just a switch to just a flat color image and tweaking the colors can really change the whole value of a logo. I think it's almost done. I agree with making the yellow switch to gold. Just to simmer it down.

Did you try a small gold inner stroke on the blue? Maybe to make the black a little more noticeable? Not saying it would work, just would like to see it.

You may have mentioned it, but is there a reason that you've chosen to color the beak green?

Well, out of the 3 colors, it made the most sense to me at the time given that the blue heron I was going off of had a dark beak. I didn't want to make it yellow because of that. I MAY look to swap the beak and eye color.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived