A11FL logo entries?

WideRight

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks a bit better than some of the other failed attempts at making a league, and has an interesting concept around it. A11 football has some sort of charm to it (like the AFL originally did), maybe, just maybe, this league could get going for a few seasons and hopefully do well. It's an interesting concept and it looks a little bit better organized/better data than some of the other failed attempts I saw. Never thought the UFL would take off and that lasted 3-4 years.

I'll give it a chance. If it can stay rolling for about five years or so I think it could make it if the owners of the league don't get too anxious or greedy.

Give WHAT a chance? Nothing is happening, other than a glorified Concept Board contest.

It's where I sit.

I'll give it a chance. If it can stay rolling for about five years or so I think it could make it if the owners of the league don't get too anxious or greedy.

Give WHAT a chance? Nothing is happening, other than a glorified Concept Board contest.

The league. Not talking about the concepts.

I didn't really see many Wranglers or Miners concepts on Behance or Dribbble.

lol those were the 2 i was going to do. i never got around to actually building anything, i had other client projects at the time and put those ahead of these concepts, but i've got a couple pages of sketches i'll share tonight.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

lol those were the 2 i was going to do. i never got around to actually building anything, i had other client projects at the time and put those ahead of these concepts, but i've got a couple pages of sketches i'll share tonight.

I'd like to see more as well. If nothing else, it would give folks some insights into what pro leagues go thru when they get to the design phase. Do you know if Dizzyline is on here?

I'd like to see more as well. If nothing else, it would give folks some insights into what pro leagues go thru when they get to the design phase. Do you know if Dizzyline is on here?

I'd say what they asked us to do was pretty different from what most pro leagues do. I forget the exact number, but I think something like 40 of us sent designs in. Plenty on CCSLC guys, too. Seeing your sketches would definitely be cool, Brandon!

RE: Dizzyline, I don't think they're on here (or active at least), I've never seen that work on the boards.

I'd like to see a spring league succeed. I'd like to see one launch. But the A11FL group gives me every appearance of another "New USFL": doing everything entirely too publicly in an effort to be seen as legitimate, and instead doing the exact opposite. They, like so many others before them the past decade or so, have put the cart before the horse in numerous ways and/or gone public with certain information but not uttered a peep about what's important (e.g., who the investors/franchise owners are, probably because in reality there aren't any heavyweights among them). Sell the sizzle as best you can because there's no steak.

Here's when you'll know a really significant spring league is about to debut, folks: when almost out of the clear blue sky, some group of eight or ten people who've committed $100 million each to operating franchises step forward together and say, "Beginning March 2016 (or whenever), we kick off. Here are our signed leases with our respective cities. Here are our CV so you can check us out to ensure we're legitimate." Any and every time you hear, "We're lining up investors/owners now," the group's nowhere and beating bushes in hopes of scaring up suckers.

nav-logo.png

I'd say what they asked us to do was pretty different from what most pro leagues do. I forget the exact number, but I think something like 40 of us sent designs in. Plenty on CCSLC guys, too. Seeing your sketches would definitely be cool, Brandon!

RE: Dizzyline, I don't think they're on here (or active at least), I've never seen that work on the boards.

IMHO, just about every concept I saw was a well thought out, marketable logo/trademark/wordmark for a major league franchise or a "Triple-A" franchise at the very least. That being said, I'm not loaded with money and trying to figure out what is going to be the best for my franchise all around. I'm just a fan with my own ideas, likes and dislikes. And no many hypotheticals are done, I still see everything as a fan. I try to see them as an owner would(they're fans too) but ultimately, without going thru the process it's impossible.

And like others have said, there's been some Great concepts done here by members I felt deserved consideration by these leagues(Wranglers, Renegades, Generals, Breakers, Stallions, etc.)

Ok....I'm rambling now. :lol:

Only had a few pages in the sketchbook on this but heres the first. Steve (main dude) said he was open to name changes and i was exploring that with Denver because i wasnt sold on Miners and thought Gold was super weaksauce. Im on my phone now so not sure if these links will work

mp19.jpg

This next one was for Denver. Nothing really strong came from this page. I was focusing on simplicity and thought a pick axe could make for something interesting. Maybe combine it with a single letter.

bju7.jpg

The Wranglers sparked some more interesting ideas. I thought if i could make a mark that looked like an iron brand that would be sweet. Surprisingly i also thought a star would be a good idea if i could work it into a W like at bottom.

Thats probably the way i would have gone with it.

sgmi.jpg

More Denver stuff. I kind of liked Boomers and Rush for names as it hinted at gold mining but sounded more like a football team. The M as 2 mountains is probably one i would have explored further even though it would be for Miners

2w7o.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I don't think writing out ideas can be stressed too much. Even putting idea resources down would be a good idea when you are needing fresh ideas. Now....to the rat killin'....personally, I think you were on the right track with the crossed picks. The crossed pick and shovel would be more correct but it looks off due to the shovel head. Crossed shovels would have worked as well but not as well. Miners automatically makes me think old west so I'd have gone with a like font. Rangers would work better in Arizona, imho, as I'm not sure that Colorado had any LEO of that name.

One of the great things about Texas is, being a cattle state, we have a huge database of brands that you could use for ideas. There's a museum about an hour away from where I live that has a huge display of them. With the Wranglers wordmark, there's a seldom used idea I think would have worked. Giving the letters a rope look would give the mark a distinct look plus nowadays you can get lariats in just about any color.

One of your R ideas had my brain scrambled because I swore I had seen it before but I couldn't remember where. A little search and I found it but it wasn't as close as I had thought initially. But the rest of them could work. The football pick would be good too but it makes me think of a CFL Toronto team. The diamond miner logo is nice and would be different.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived