Logos That Need Redesigning

qwerty

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kaz I agree. They're basically the same thing, but the Clippers have simpler yet better borders. I also don't like the use of black as a trim colour in the Lakers logo, I like how the Clippers logo doesn't use any.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing someone try to modernize the celtics logo a bit. It would be interesting to see people's ideas.

I wouldn't, honestly. The Celtics' logo is so cartoony that trying to modernize it would only serve to highlight how silly the idea is. Could you imagine a new scowling/aggressive leprechaun with random shading over the face? It would just look silly. The Celtics' logo works as it is because it's the perfect mix of outdated art and the outdated logo concept. The team shouldn't drop it, but they shouldn't be in a rush to update it either.

having the celtics on there ruins your argument, it should never change. it's perfect now.

Brand and nostalgia are great tools for hiding the truth. But then again, perception is reality.

George-Costanza-clapping.gif

absolutely. There are some "old" logos that need to be redesign, but wont cause they fall under "classic". I personally think the Bulls fall under this. It's not a very good logo, but no one will every touch it because Jordan won 6 rings with it on his shorts.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

There's a purpose to the two coloured I. It's point is at the spot on the map where the home rink is.

Once they complete the move, it would be so. I don't think I've ever before seen an example of a hidden message in a logo that only became true after a certain period of time.

It already is so on the current logo (see below). The current logo doesn't include Brooklyn and Queens and has the I pointed to Uniondale.

79520qbne58r9i71zhuggbff0.png

I love every chance I have to post this!

longisland.jpg

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

john-adsit-logo-comparison1.png

I don't have a huge problem with the current logo, but the tweaks on the redesign greatly improve upon it.

Is there a reason he doesn't have a black outline on the lower part of his beak?

I don't have a huge problem with the current logo, but the tweaks on the redesign greatly improve upon it.

Is there a reason he doesn't have a black outline on the lower part of his beak?

Does it bother anyone else, the white break on his hat. It's so jarring to me. Why not make it orange? Should be in the "small detail that bother you thread" but anyways...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Does it bother anyone else, the white break on his hat. It's so jarring to me. Why not make it orange? Should be in the "small detail that bother you thread" but anyways...

Yea same here. Von Glitschka did it a bit better.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived