Hockey Concepts by OSM61 (Penguins 4/7)

OhioSportsMan61

Hey guys,

I have been taking somewhat of a break from my third jersey series that I have been working on over the past couple months (mainly bc of school and work), but recently, I decided I wanted to give Illustrator a shot. I've never really used the program much before - really only to draw a couple logos, etc. - so this is my first ever jersey concept done in Illustrator. If I could get some C&C on this and also any helpful tips, it would be much appreciated! Thanks guys, and don't worry, the last three teams in my Third Jersey Series will be finished sometime in the near future!

CBJtestfull_zps99e3c824.png

CBJtestfull2_zpsbbd94cd6.png

My Behance Portfolio ---Β Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

I would move the stars on the sleeves up to the shoulders, given that they'd probably be obscured by gloves where they are currently. Also wouldn't mind seeing the full roundel used on at least one of the jerseys rather than just the cannon. Pretty spiffy overall, though!

Template?

IceBorn

It's actually the New Reebok 2.0 jersey template with iceborn gloves and pants, with a ccm helmet and reebok edge socks.

yeah, it's a bunch of different elements combined, most of which can be found on the iceborn template that can be downloaded from icethetics

2LYbxnm.png

Vancouver wore Vintage White pants with their Heritage Classic jerseys this year. I'd love to see the Sand coloured pants on the Brick Red Home jersey :P even if it does look like a diaper!

I have always loved Coyotes concepts with that native patterning.

Cool, good feedback so far. Gonna post another set of concepts now....

Ottawa Senators

OTThf_zpse45b9930.png

OTTrf_zps101a3069.png

Washington Capitals

WashHf_zps0b983247.png

WashRf_zps915dcfd5.png

keep the C&C goin!

Also, a question for all of you...which template do you guys prefer? This one that I am working on with illustrator, or the edge 2.0 template that I've been using in my third jersey series?

2LYbxnm.png

Capitals suck.

LOLOLOLOLOL I'm funny.

....but in all cereals the Capitals should go back with those but use the current logo, looks sharp.

Ottawa. While I understand the simpler traditional style to the look from what they have. I can't say I like it too much. Does it look better than what they wear right now? Yes. I think the real deal breaker is the logo. The jersey design itself...it's nice. It almost has a throwback feel from their first jerseys (of the second Senators) but adds a little flare to it. Maybe it's just me though, but I really dislike their logo and I think it makes the set look worse. What if you used the unused 2D logo that they have?

Capitals suck.

LOLOLOLOLOL I'm funny.

....but in all cereals the Capitals should go back with those but use the current logo, looks sharp.

Ottawa. While I understand the simpler traditional style to the look from what they have. I can't say I like it too much. Does it look better than what they wear right now? Yes. I think the real deal breaker is the logo. The jersey design itself...it's nice. It almost has a throwback feel from their first jerseys (of the second Senators) but adds a little flare to it. Maybe it's just me though, but I really dislike their logo and I think it makes the set look worse. What if you used the unused 2D logo that they have?

I second this, it would make the jerseys reflect the pre-edge style more.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

Capitals suck.

LOLOLOLOLOL I'm funny.

I second this, it would make the jerseys reflect the pre-edge style more.

Ok, I do think that may look better. I'll give it a shot.

For now, I've been messing around in illustrator because I am still learning the ins and outs of the program, but I decided to try and redraw my own template (the template from nhluniforms.com). So here is a test run for it, let me know what you guys think of this updated template!

CBJTESTF_zpsb122eda9.png

I'll post an updated version of the Senators concept sometime soon.

2LYbxnm.png

Archived