NBA Hardwood Classics Nights theme

Wilt

I like the Sten stribute idea and we would have some of the NBA's most iconic uniforms like

bnthfjevj6d088gne3g4fznmg.gif

Nets weren't wearing those in '84, they'd gone back to the ABA-style unis. They only wore these from '81-83 - basically, Larry Brown hated the old unis and wanted to change them (which they did just a couple of weeks before the season started), and as soon as he quit the Nets changed back to the iconic design.

I like the Sten stribute idea and we would have some of the NBA's most iconic uniforms like

Nets weren't wearing those in '84, they'd gone back to the ABA-style unis. They only wore these from '81-83 - basically, Larry Brown hated the old unis and wanted to change them (which they did just a couple of weeks before the season started), and as soon as he quit the Nets changed back to the iconic design.

Thanks for the info. I took all the dates from the mothership.

The Mothership's wrong. I've posted corrections, but nothing's been done.

The Mothership's wrong. I've posted corrections, but nothing's been done.

It`s a massive conspiracy man! *puts on tin foil hat*

sig.png

I had an idea for this season where every team would wear a throwback from 1984 or whenever they were started as a tribute to Stern.

But I also have another idea. While on eBay, I saw some Celtics throwbacks that were throwbacks to the Original Celtics. That got me thinking about some HWC Nights with a 20's-30's theme. Some examples;

Nets-Brooklyn Visitations

Caviliers-Cleveland Rosenblums

76ers-Philadelphia SPHAs

Bulls- Chicago Bruins

Knicks-Original Celtics (They were from New York, and their star Joe Lapchick coached the Knicks for years)

Celtics-Boston Whirlwinds

Wizards-Washington Palace FIve

Lakers-Los Angeles Red Devils

Pacers-Indianapolis Kautskys

I can understand the NBA not wanting to talk about teams that never played an NBA game, or try and sell these for $110, but it'd be interesting.

This would be terrific.

the old 1960's ABL would be another possibility -

Chicago Bulls - Chicago Majors

Cleveland Cavaliers - Cleveland Pipers

Golden State Warriors - San Francisco Saints/Oakland Oaks

Los Angeles Lakers - Los Angeles Jets

New York KNicks - New York Tapers

Philadelphia 76ers - Philadelphia Tapers

Washington Wizards - Washington Tapers

(yeah, the Tapers got around!)

It'd be hilarious for the Lakers to celebrate the ABL, because they're the reason there was an ABL. Abe Saperstein, the founder and long time owner of the Harlem Globetrotters, had helped the NBA in it's earlier years by having Globetrotter-NBA doubleheaders. In return for letting the NBA piggyback on the more popular Globetrotters, Saperstein though he would get first crack at having an NBA team in Los Angeles. But when the Lakers' owner got permission to move the team to L.A. and moved them, Saperstein got so mad he made his own league to fight the NBA.

NBA was founed as a merger of BAA and NBL but at the same time is considered to be continuation of BAA. Let's honour the forgotten and older parent with NBL classic nights

Akron Goodyear Wingfoots or Firestone Non-Skids - Cavs (they could make fauxbacks with Akron instead of Goodyear or Firestone in an attempt to lure James)

Oshkosh All-Stars or Sheboygan Red Skins - Bucks

Fort Wayne Zollner Pistons - Pistons

Rochester Royals - Kings

Chicago American Gears - Bulls

Minneapolis Lakers - Lakers

Anderson Duffey Packers - Pacers

Buffalo Bisons/Tri-Cities Blackhawks - Hawks

Denver Nuggets - Nuggets

Syracuse Nationals - 76ers

Waterloo Hawks - Wolves

Oh piss off. My friends dad works for the Nets, that's how I said Nets design has no # on the front for xmas day (Before leaked jerseys), and i told you guys when the Nets would wear the grey jersey.

Uh... What?

Archived