NBA Hardwood Classics Nights theme

Wilt

I'm a big fun of NBA throwbacks and in my opinion it's a pity that only 3 teams use them this season. What I like even more when there is a general theme behind them, like in the last two years (ABA/90s).

Which throwback theme would you like to use and which uniforms (only one per franchise, please)?

I would like to see the celebration of championship years, which would allow us to see the following uniforms again:

qra9pqwwvxuioc1bt17qkjk2e.gif869e6clni95dgc2ytdndqhlea.gifbh7y1voz5h1g6x98zqreewh3h.gifw421v3qhufnd1afb2rnkcd2wf.gifx1luf2wgklgjh4h9emhezhxg9.gifelvin-hayes-300b_display_image_display_im453ieed25y97o0o3ejrre9fh.gif2573-693681Fr.jpg4hex96539s85d6vygq9ruibo4.gif25_21_10028A_lg.jpeg

They'll have sleeves come 2016.

:P

Anyways, the Jazz had their mountain jerseys as part of this (just selling, not playing in), and I really wish that they would wear them for just a game or two, if nothing else but a reminder of better times. However, team president Randy Rigby has said that "fans don't like them too much" or something to that effect as a reason for them not being worn. :/

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

The Lakers have thrownback to those uniforms a few times, and once, for 2 quarters, with era-appropriate lengthed shorts

The Celtics - I honestly don't know for sure if they ever threw back to those uniforms, but I think if they do/did it would be kind of pointless. I don't think the general public would see enough of a difference to purchase one. The only big difference is no name on the back and i'd imagine the replicas or even authentics would have names anyway.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

The Lakers have thrownback to those uniforms a few times, and once, for 2 quarters, with era-appropriate lengthed shorts

The Celtics - I honestly don't know for sure if they ever threw back to those uniforms, but I think if they do/did it would be kind of pointless. I don't think the general public would see enough of a difference to purchase one. The only big difference is no name on the back and i'd imagine the replicas or even authentics would have names anyway.

There was this a few years back -- was really bizarre to see a gold vs. white Lakers/Celtics game (it was in Boston).

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c506253ef0147e27fae77970b-600wi

Further google image searching: And yep, the Celtics have worn the green "Boston" version of that too. The differences are subtle but hey, it'd be a better alternate than the stupid black-trimmed one or the sleeved thing that's going tonight.

kg-lakers.jpg

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I had an idea for this season where every team would wear a throwback from 1984 or whenever they were started as a tribute to Stern.

But I also have another idea. While on eBay, I saw some Celtics throwbacks that were throwbacks to the Original Celtics. That got me thinking about some HWC Nights with a 20's-30's theme. Some examples;

Nets-Brooklyn Visitations

Caviliers-Cleveland Rosenblums

76ers-Philadelphia SPHAs

Bulls- Chicago Bruins

Knicks-Original Celtics (They were from New York, and their star Joe Lapchick coached the Knicks for years)

Celtics-Boston Whirlwinds

Wizards-Washington Palace FIve

Lakers-Los Angeles Red Devils

Pacers-Indianapolis Kautskys

I can understand the NBA not wanting to talk about teams that never played an NBA game, or try and sell these for $110, but it'd be interesting.

Archived